Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OL Joseph Thuney agrees to 5 year deal with Chiefs

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Joe Thuney agent just posted this, Another top offensive lineman off the block. :(

Being reported 5 year, 80 million deal! - Adam Schefter
    Seahawks4life
    NET Rookie

• So much for a depressed market.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• So why can't the Hawks do cap magic and make a signing like this happen? Or do we sign Luke Joeckel again?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• You can't pay O-Line, and the QB or so I've been told.

The Seahawks are weird when it comes to how they do contracts. They only want to do 4 year deals, they have a rolling guarantee after the first year, they are infatuated with signing players to only 1 year deals if they can. This is great for their longterm cap, but horrible for getting top players to sign with them. Thus the overpaying of JAGs continues.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:You can't pay O-Line, and the QB or so I've been told.

The Seahawks are weird when it comes to how they do contracts. They only want to do 4 year deals, they have a rolling guarantee after the first year, they are infatuated with signing players to only 1 year deals if they can. This is great for their longterm cap, but horrible for getting top players to sign with them. Thus the overpaying of JAGs continues.

I'll agree with this if they don't end up coming away with good guys who present better value. There are still guys out there like Reiter, Taylor, Blythe, Jackson, and a few others who could still offer improved play at a more attractive value (coming off a year where the line really wasn't bad, just inconsistent).
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Well we would have never been in that discussion then.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information