Do Not Sell My Personal Information

49ers trading up to #3 pick with Dolphins.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
49ers trading up to #3 pick with Dolphins.
Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 am

• The days of JimmyG are numbered.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Wow. Holy cow. Massive ramifications for the entire NFC West one way or another.

These are trades that make or break teams.
    Last edited by Thepeelsessions on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Thepeelsessions wrote:Wow. Holy cow. Massive ramifications for rather NFC West one way or another.

These are trades that make or break teams.

It's gotta be a QB. You don't make this move for anything else, especially with the 49ers defense. Lawrence will be gone by then, but either Zach Wilson and/or Justin Field will still be there at #3.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Horrible trade in my opinion. This makes the Seattle/Jets trade look even better.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:

The days of JimmyG are numbered.

I think they're going after his replacement but he will sit behind Jimmy G atleast a couple of seasons.

Could be going after other offensive players, they've been working on the O-line.

Pretty sure they've got a QB in mind though.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I think they're going after his replacement but he will sit behind Jimmy G atleast a couple of seasons.

Could be going after other offensive players, they've been working on the O-line.

I heard the Patriots were still sniffing around him. If you can get back some draft capital from NE, wouldn't you rather ship him off? It's not like your offense is so bad you'd be throwing your rookie to the wolves.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Holy $h!t... the ground is shifting... Miami didn't keep #12 long...

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Sit for two seasons? What is this 1995? If the player was taken with the 3rd overall pick, and cant start week one then the pick was completely wasted.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

I heard the Patriots were still sniffing around him. If you can get back some draft capital from NE, wouldn't you rather ship him off? It's not like your offense is so bad you'd be throwing your rookie to the wolves.

The pieces are there to go all the way even with Jimmy if everyone can stay healthy. Shanahans system is complicated and I believe would take a young QB a couple season to learn.

Everytime I see a rookie start in his first seasons I have visions of David Carr
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• I just saw this on Florio. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... francisco/

. Holy s---t maybe the Watson rumors are true, they could probably get him real cheap now and if he couldn't go there'd be a CJ Beathard as No. 3 or something.

I really wonder how the Pats will figure into this as they obviously would be the Jimmy candidates.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

The pieces are there to go all the way even with Jimmy if everyone can stay healthy. Shanahans system is complicated and I believe would take a young QB a couple season to learn.

Everytime I see a rookie start in his first seasons I have visions of David Carr

You have visions of David Carr, a rookie who played on a $h!t expansion team 19 years ago? That's just plain foolish. Look at the Chargers last year. Justin Herbert rewrote the record book!
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• I hope they don’t get Zach Wilson. He looks like he could be the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:

You have visions of David Carr, a rookie who played on a $h!t expansion team 19 years ago? That's just plain foolish. Look at the Chargers last year. Justin Herbert rewrote the record book!

Its a crap shoot putting a rookie out his first season.

With Shanahans system the offense would be too limited with a rookie and too predictable.

49ers have sucked long enough, I'm good with getting a new QB and bringing him along slowly. Look at what the Chiefs did with Mahomes.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:You have visions of David Carr, a rookie who played on a $h!t expansion team 19 years ago? That's just plain foolish. Look at the Chargers last year. Justin Herbert rewrote the record book!

Literally the last three league MVPs started their careers on the bench.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• You don't sign your own FA's to 1 year deals if you don't believe you could get back to the superbowl with the current team. With that said, does that sound like a rookie QB starting? I don't think so but who knows.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

• I'm speechless.

No idea what to think...other than that possibly they were all in on Watson and the charges screwed them.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• This trade seems premature as the basic rule is you don't trade unless you know your guy will be there. With that said maybe Lawrence, Wilson is not seen as Shanahan's guy.

The other side of this, maybe the 49ers got duped into doing this trade now because of the reports the Eagles already had a deal to move to 3 if Wilson was available, which put pressure on 49ers to do it now, since they couldn't wait until the draft.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

• Miami won the day and with their moves today.

Huh. Looks like Jimmy Glass wasn’t “the savior”, as many of us said.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Fanatics wrote:You don't sign your own FA's to 1 year deals if you don't believe you could get back to the superbowl with the current team. With that said, does that sound like a rookie QB starting? I don't think so but who knows.

It's kind of a unique situation in that teams as talented as the Niners are rarely drafting in the top 3. They basically only got into this position because the Texans were so inept. It's hard to say they should do something, just because teams drafting that high usually do.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Sports Hernia wrote:Miami won the day and with their moves today.

Good take since they were looking into probably getting Chase anyway, so no need to stand pat.

The other side of this will be: If 49ers hit on their QB of the future, that team could be scary good with Shanahan's play calling and a QB on a rookie contract the next 4 years. Everyone can forget about getting Bosa, Warner, Deebo and Greenlaw now. They can build up the team on the cheap years and by the time for the QB to be signed the League Cap should be a lot higher. But...there is always a but...if they miss, they are done!
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

• ...still speechless. LOL.

I mean I've been critical of trades in the past that give up future 1st rounders. I hate doing that...

...but QB is a different animal. That's the one place I see it justified. That doesn't mean tho I'm a fan of this. Still processing. Didn't see it coming.

I mean I applaud Lynch/Shanahan for swinging for the fences, but this has the potential to end their terms in SF if this QB busts.

If he hits tho...wow.

Now its just about who they pick. I'd like them in this order...

1) Wilson (likely gone at 2)
    2) Fields
    3) Lance (least of these by far)
    Never) Mac Jones
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• From a value perspective, this is a horrible trade for the Niners. Shanahan and Lynch have basically mortgaged their future on one unproven guy. Unless this guy turns out to be an elite QB, I think Lynch's days are numbered. I know Niner's fans disagree with me, but he's a horrible GM, and this is the type of trade horrible GM's make.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:From a value perspective, this is a horrible trade for the Niners. Shanahan and Lynch have basically mortgaged their future on one unproven guy. Unless this guy turns out to be an elite QB, I think Lynch's days are numbered. I know Niner's fans disagree with me, but he's a horrible GM, and this is the type of trade horrible GM's make.

They were in the Super Bowl just two years ago with a QB this whole board thinks is trash. There's enough young talent there that this shouldnt be considered "mortgaging their future". Especially now that highly-drafted rookies no longer take up half the cap.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:
    knownone wrote:From a value perspective, this is a horrible trade for the Niners. Shanahan and Lynch have basically mortgaged their future on one unproven guy. Unless this guy turns out to be an elite QB, I think Lynch's days are numbered. I know Niner's fans disagree with me, but he's a horrible GM, and this is the type of trade horrible GM's make.

They were in the Super Bowl just two years ago with a QB this whole board thinks is trash. There's enough young talent there that this shouldnt be considered "mortgaging their future". Especially now that highly-drafted rookies no longer take up half the cap.

Yes. But, they are not the same team. They lost big play makers on both sides of the ball. This is a huge risk that could go either way. I remember the Niner fans saying we gave up too much for Adams. They just gave up three 1st for an unkown. It may work out...but it's a huge risk.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:
    knownone wrote:From a value perspective, this is a horrible trade for the Niners. Shanahan and Lynch have basically mortgaged their future on one unproven guy. Unless this guy turns out to be an elite QB, I think Lynch's days are numbered. I know Niner's fans disagree with me, but he's a horrible GM, and this is the type of trade horrible GM's make.

They've had 1 winning season in 4 years, and their defense has lost several valuable assets from that Superbowl team. They are 100% mortgaging their future. If this pick doesn't pan out, it's hard to make a case that Shanahan or Lynch should keep their jobs.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:From a value perspective, this is a horrible trade for the Niners. Shanahan and Lynch have basically mortgaged their future on one unproven guy. Unless this guy turns out to be an elite QB, I think Lynch's days are numbered. I know Niner's fans disagree with me, but he's a horrible GM, and this is the type of trade horrible GM's make.

I think people who think he's horrible only look at his 1st round picks. Thomas clearly a bust, Foster couldn't keep his head on straight, McGlinchey kinda in a make or break year...

...but he also took Kittle in the 5th and Warner in the 3rd. He made the trade for Trent, and he drafted Aiyuk and Deebo.

Honestly, my bigger concern is that they DIDN'T take Mahomes and Watson and now they are picking a QB.

I dunno. Time will tell as it always does. Its exciting to see who they end up with, but a bummer to lose the picks.

BTW, from value standpoint RE pick value, #3 is worth 2200. 12 is worth 1200. Future 1s typically worth. a round later...so midround next year and year after are 420 and 190 respectively. The 3 is in depate because I've seen it reported this year and I've seen it reported next year. Either way its end of the round as its a pick they got for Robert Saleh.

If its this year its worth 80ish.

So that's 1200+420+190+80: 1910. Pick was worth 2200. Value isn't too bad...just hate giving up future 1s.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

Yes. But, they are not the same team. They lost big play makers on both sides of the ball. This is a huge risk that could go either way. I remember the Niner fans saying we gave up too much for Adams. They just gave up three 1st for an unkown. It may work out...but it's a huge risk.

err...I'd aregue they might be a BETTER roster. Hurting them is no Buckner and they'll lose Sherman...

...but Varrett was the best CB on the team last year. They kept K'waun Williams. They get Bosa back.

and at WR....Aiyukl and a healthy Deebo is far better than what they had in 2019. Additinally, Mostert is better than Coleman. Trent Williams is better than Staley. Alex Mack is better than any C they've had last few years. They don't have any glaring holes.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

I was absolutely one of those people saying Seattle gave up too much for Adams. I stand by it too.

The difference is that Adams is a Safety with an expiring contract.

This is for a QB.

Now this guy could totally bust and that's the danger here, but if thee is a position to give all that up for, its QB.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

Well if you're right, which I doubt, as a Hawk fan you should be elated.

Pick hasn't even been made, who knows they could use their #3 to get back some #1s. Until the draft happens we can only speculate.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

• So yes...official.

Its the 3rd round comp pick NEXT year for Saleh.

So only pick they lost THIS year is 12.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Washington49er wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

Pick hasn't even been made, who knows they could use their #3 to get back some #1s. Until the draft happens we can only speculate.

Oh, I'm very happy. I would have been worried if you guys picked up Watson. I also think you would have been better off keeping Jimmy and using those (3) draft picks to build. I was on the fence about Seattle giving up 2 picks for a young pro bowler. All I'm saying is this is a very risky move. If you can't see that, then the blinders are on a little too tight. Again...i'm not saying it won't work out. It's just a very risky move.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

Oh, I'm very happy. I would have been worried if you guys picked up Watson. I also think you would have been better off keeping Jimmy and using those (3) draft picks to build. I was on the fence about Seattle giving up 2 picks for a young pro bowler. All I'm saying is this is a very risky move. If you can't see that, then the blinders are on a little too tight. Again...i'm not saying it won't work out. It's just a very risky move.

I don't think any Niner fan would tell you this isn't risky. No question its a big risk.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Having a chance at a stellar QB without having to go through the years of suck to get him, is the dream of almost any fanbase.

Because then you get a good to great young QB on a rookie contract, so you can spend on building out everything else on the team. One of the most effective pathways to a SB you can create.

If you are a Niner fan, you have to be both hopeful and almost elated that you might be turning your team into another SB visit in a few years.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Having a chance at a stellar QB without having to go through the years of suck to get him, is the dream of almost any fanbase.

Because then you get a good to great young QB on a rookie contract, so you can spend on building out everything else on the team. One of the most effective pathways to a SB you can create.

If you are a Niner fan, you have to be both hopeful and almost elated that you might be turning your team into another SB visit in a few years.

....I guess the best way I can describe this feeling is "hesitantly excited". :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Trade that pic for Watson..instant sb contender.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Cyrus12 wrote:Trade that pic for Watson..instant sb contender.

LOL...that would be great, but I think any talk of Watson to SF just died. They don't have 1s now for 2 years.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:Trade that pic for Watson..instant sb contender.

That feels even riskier than a rookie now.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Washington49er wrote:Everytime I see a rookie start in his first seasons I have visions of David Carr

I have visions of Russell Wilson's rookie year. :2thumbs:

Giving up one 3rd round pick for a future HOF QB who made his debut as a rookie is looking better all the time.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• So, Martin49 and other 49ers fans, please further explain this pick.

Florio's saying that given what the 49ers have given up, they can't keep JimmyG for example. I don't see why not really as it is not like any rookie, Bosa, Mahomes, etc., signs for JimmyG money right off the bat.

So is there possibility of them wanting to get a super hotshot in waiting WHILE signing JimmyG to a one-year/incentive laden/team friendly deal?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:So, Martin49 and other 49ers fans, please further explain this pick.

Florio's saying that given what the 49ers have given up, they can't keep JimmyG for example. I don't see why not really as it is not like any rookie, Bosa, Mahomes, etc., signs for JimmyG money right off the bat.

So is there possibility of them wanting to get a super hotshot in waiting WHILE signing JimmyG to a one-year/incentive laden/team friendly deal?

I pretty much said the same thing to Florio via Twitter.

So, as I see it, the 49ers don't NEED to move him. They got their free agent back, several to one year contracts. That last part is important...they are looking to make a run THIS YEAR. I just don't see them dumping Jimmy for next to nothing and going for a run with a Rookie.

Yes...I hear the "you don't pay 26 mil to a backup" but my guess is they play this like Alex Smith/Pat Mahomes. They got their guys back. They aren't strapped for cap space. Unless someone (read NE) blows them away with an offer, I think Jimmy will be in SF.

Also important: Jimmy has TWO years left on his deal. If they keep him, they can still trade him NEXT year. The rookie QB will be salary controlled.

So....49ers don't HAVE to do anything. I think they run it back with Jimmy and have his replacement in the wings. The last thing Jimmy will want to do is demand a trade considering nobody else will pay him the 26 mil.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Two things, what the Bears were willing to give up was way short for Wilson as proven commodity.

Second Maelstrom pointed out Herbert, but those are rare, you are more likely to get Sam Bradford or Akili Smith.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Marvin49 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

I was absolutely one of those people saying Seattle gave up too much for Adams. I stand by it too.

This is for a QB.

Now this guy could totally bust and that's the danger here, but if thee is a position to give all that up for, its QB.

I'm not sure the Adams trade is comparable to this. First, Seattle gave up roughly the same value for Adam's as the Niner's 12th overall pick. Second, Adams had two cost-controlled seasons, so he wasn't exactly on an expiring contract.

The value the Niners have given up is on the low-end of what you'd expect to give up for a franchise QB. If it works out, they'll look like geniuses. If it doesn't, they'll be in a similar situation as the Bears with Trubiski.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

This is for a QB.

Yes. But, Adam's was a proven NFL player.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:So, Martin49 and other 49ers fans, please further explain this pick.

I pretty much said the same thing to Florio via Twitter.

So, as I see it, the 49ers don't NEED to move him. They got their free agent back, several to one year contracts. That last part is important...they are looking to make a run THIS YEAR. I just don't see them dumping Jimmy for next to nothing and going for a run with a Rookie.

Yes...I hear the "you don't pay 26 mil to a backup" but my guess is they play this like Alex Smith/Pat Mahomes. They got their guys back. They aren't strapped for cap space. Unless someone (read NE) blows them away with an offer, I think Jimmy will be in SF.

Also important: Jimmy has TWO years left on his deal. If they keep him, they can still trade him NEXT year. The rookie QB will be salary controlled.

So....49ers don't HAVE to do anything. I think they run it back with Jimmy and have his replacement in the wings. The last thing Jimmy will want to do is demand a trade considering nobody else will pay him the 26 mil.

Florio ain't having that argument. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... iii-trade/

He's convinced Jimmy G is out of there, but I'm more with you, I see it as an Alex Smith/Mahomes bridge deal.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:
    Rat wrote:

This is for a QB.

I'm not sure the Adams trade is comparable to this. First, Seattle gave up roughly the same value for Adam's as the Niner's 12th overall pick. Second, Adams had two cost-controlled seasons, so he wasn't exactly on an expiring contract.

The value the Niners have given up is on the low-end of what you'd expect to give up for a franchise QB. If it works out, they'll look like geniuses. If it doesn't, they'll be in a similar situation as the Bears with Trubiski.

I'm not sure it is either, but I was responding to someone who was making that comparison.

There is no question, this is a balsy, homerun/strike out type move with huge ramifications.

To be clear, I still like Jimmy G. Its not like I all of the sudden am like "f*ck that guy, he sucks". LOL.

I like him and I know what he is. At his best and when he's healthy he's a top 10 QB in Kyles system. The problem is that he's rarely been healthy and that has stunted his growth. As I heard today, he's started 4 NFL seasons and only made it out of September without getting hurt once...and he went to the SB. It's the second year as a starter where QBs in Kyles system really take off...but Jimmy just can't stay on the field. Worse, he seems to have lost the mobility he once had. He was never a fast guy, but he could move around well enough to make some throws on the move.

That vanished last year after the ankle injury. Maybe its back this year and he has a big year and we see that second year improvement. Dunno.

Having said all that, its clear Shanahan and Lynch don't seem to think of him as the answer. Honestly I think that has some to do with that ionjury history, but I think it also has alot to do with seeing Wilson every year, seeing Kyler Murray play, after losing to Mahomes in the SB and the biggest one...seeing Josh Allen light them up last year (based on his comments after the game). He has always been about getting a guy who will just execute the game plan. He wasn't about getting guys with plus traits.

That was the reason he passed on Watson and Mahomes the first time in favor of a third round guy in Beathard and betting on getting Cousins when he got free of Washington.

The Garoppolo thing was a curveball. They weren't expecting that (his availability). That was an attempt by Belichick to send Jimmy to a coach he respected.

After seeing Wilson, Kyler, Mahomes and especially after that Buffalo game, he's now about going out and getting his own guy with plus traits. He's about finding an athlete back there he can mold.

That's why I think the Mac Jones nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Jones fits Shanahans old model...not the one he's going after with this move.

That's why they were all in on Watson. That's why I think this move is for Wilson/Fields/Lance. Lance is a DISTANT third for me tho.

That guy will need time tho to learn...which is why I'm not sold on Jimmy getting traded this year. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but they already have their guys back and aren't cap starved.

This is a huge gamble tho. Not gonna sugar coat that. Big swing. We'll see if it plays out, but it'll be fun to watch it unfold.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• I don’t know about Watson anymore betting your career looks treacherous to me. Jimmy G gets a bad rap if he gets cut Seattle would be crazy if they didn’t go get him assuming they’re done with Russ. I want Darnold then Mariota/Jimmy G.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:I don’t know about Watson anymore betting your career looks treacherous to me. Jimmy G gets a bad rap if he gets cut Seattle would be crazy if they didn’t go get him assuming they’re done with Russ. I want Darnold then Mariota/Jimmy G.

Garopolo won't be cut. No one said that.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:I don’t know about Watson anymore betting your career looks treacherous to me. Jimmy G gets a bad rap if he gets cut Seattle would be crazy if they didn’t go get him assuming they’re done with Russ. I want Darnold then Mariota/Jimmy G.

Garopolo won't be cut. No one said that.

Nope...and if he goes ANYWHERE, I think its like 99% NE.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    knownone wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:Yes. But, they are not the same team. They lost big play makers on both sides of the ball. This is a huge risk that could go either way. I remember the Niner fans saying we gave up too much for Adams. They just gave up three 1st for an unkown. It may work out...but it's a huge risk.

This is for a QB.

I'm not sure it is either, but I was responding to someone who was making that comparison.

There is no question, this is a balsy, homerun/strike out type move with huge ramifications.

To be clear, I still like Jimmy G. Its not like I all of the sudden am like "f*ck that guy, he sucks". LOL.

I like him and I know what he is. At his best and when he's healthy he's a top 10 QB in Kyles system. The problem is that he's rarely been healthy and that has stunted his growth. As I heard today, he's started 4 NFL seasons and only made it out of September without getting hurt once...and he went to the SB. It's the second year as a starter where QBs in Kyles system really take off...but Jimmy just can't stay on the field. Worse, he seems to have lost the mobility he once had. He was never a fast guy, but he could move around well enough to make some throws on the move.

That vanished last year after the ankle injury. Maybe its back this year and he has a big year and we see that second year improvement. Dunno.

Having said all that, its clear Shanahan and Lynch don't seem to think of him as the answer. Honestly I think that has some to do with that ionjury history, but I think it also has alot to do with seeing Wilson every year, seeing Kyler Murray play, after losing to Mahomes in the SB and the biggest one...seeing Josh Allen light them up last year (based on his comments after the game). He has always been about getting a guy who will just execute the game plan. He wasn't about getting guys with plus traits.

That was the reason he passed on Watson and Mahomes the first time in favor of a third round guy in Beathard and betting on getting Cousins when he got free of Washington.

The Garoppolo thing was a curveball. They weren't expecting that (his availability). That was an attempt by Belichick to send Jimmy to a coach he respected.

After seeing Wilson, Kyler, Mahomes and especially after that Buffalo game, he's now about going out and getting his own guy with plus traits. He's about finding an athlete back there he can mold.

That's why I think the Mac Jones nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Jones fits Shanahans old model...not the one he's going after with this move.

That's why they were all in on Watson. That's why I think this move is for Wilson/Fields/Lance. Lance is a DISTANT third for me tho.

That guy will need time tho to learn...which is why I'm not sold on Jimmy getting traded this year. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but they already have their guys back and aren't cap starved.

This is a huge gamble tho. Not gonna sugar coat that. Big swing. We'll see if it plays out, but it'll be fun to watch it unfold.

Enjoy the ride. It's shaping up into being a most interesting 49er year.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Teams who have traded into the top3 and selected a QB the last 10 years are as follows: RGIII, Goff, Wentz, Tribusky.

The Niners got impatient, and probably were going to trade for Watson, now they have to settle for a rookie. If they can move up another spot and take Wilson this is a pretty good trade. If they stand pat and take the 3rd QB, whoever it is, I predict disaster.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information