49ers trading up to #3 pick with Dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wow. Holy cow. Massive ramifications for the entire NFC West one way or another.

These are trades that make or break teams.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":t9z2xq1d said:
Wow. Holy cow. Massive ramifications for rather NFC West one way or another.

These are trades that make or break teams.

It's gotta be a QB. You don't make this move for anything else, especially with the 49ers defense. Lawrence will be gone by then, but either Zach Wilson and/or Justin Field will still be there at #3.

TAB420

Reaction score
Horrible trade in my opinion. This makes the Seattle/Jets trade look even better.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":24315pbf said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1375493847573131266[/tweet]

The days of JimmyG are numbered.

I think they're going after his replacement but he will sit behind Jimmy G atleast a couple of seasons.

Could be going after other offensive players, they've been working on the O-line.

Pretty sure they've got a QB in mind though.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":1oc93ema said:
Maulbert":1oc93ema said:

I think they're going after his replacement but he will sit behind Jimmy G atleast a couple of seasons.

Could be going after other offensive players, they've been working on the O-line.

I heard the Patriots were still sniffing around him. If you can get back some draft capital from NE, wouldn't you rather ship him off? It's not like your offense is so bad you'd be throwing your rookie to the wolves.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Washington49er":1tp3t7ed said:
Maulbert":1tp3t7ed said:

Sit for two seasons? What is this 1995? If the player was taken with the 3rd overall pick, and cant start week one then the pick was completely wasted.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":lh36rggt said:
Washington49er":lh36rggt said:
Maulbert":lh36rggt said:

I heard the Patriots were still sniffing around him. If you can get back some draft capital from NE, wouldn't you rather ship him off? It's not like your offense is so bad you'd be throwing your rookie to the wolves.

The pieces are there to go all the way even with Jimmy if everyone can stay healthy. Shanahans system is complicated and I believe would take a young QB a couple season to learn.

Everytime I see a rookie start in his first seasons I have visions of David Carr

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I just saw this on Florio. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... francisco/

. Holy s---t maybe the Watson rumors are true, they could probably get him real cheap now and if he couldn't go there'd be a CJ Beathard as No. 3 or something.

I really wonder how the Pats will figure into this as they obviously would be the Jimmy candidates.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":7fsr1yob said:
Maulbert":7fsr1yob said:
Washington49er":7fsr1yob said:
Maulbert":7fsr1yob said:

The pieces are there to go all the way even with Jimmy if everyone can stay healthy. Shanahans system is complicated and I believe would take a young QB a couple season to learn.

Everytime I see a rookie start in his first seasons I have visions of David Carr

You have visions of David Carr, a rookie who played on a shitty expansion team 19 years ago? That's just plain foolish. Look at the Chargers last year. Justin Herbert rewrote the record book!

James in PA

Reaction score
I hope they don’t get Zach Wilson. He looks like he could be the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":2zszwidf said:
Washington49er":2zszwidf said:
Maulbert":2zszwidf said:
Washington49er":2zszwidf said:

You have visions of David Carr, a rookie who played on a $h!t expansion team 19 years ago? That's just plain foolish. Look at the Chargers last year. Justin Herbert rewrote the record book!

Its a crap shoot putting a rookie out his first season.

With Shanahans system the offense would be too limited with a rookie and too predictable.

49ers have sucked long enough, I'm good with getting a new QB and bringing him along slowly. Look at what the Chiefs did with Mahomes.

Rat

Reaction score
Maulbert":psv2lat7 said:
You have visions of David Carr, a rookie who played on a $h!t expansion team 19 years ago? That's just plain foolish. Look at the Chargers last year. Justin Herbert rewrote the record book!
Literally the last three league MVPs started their careers on the bench.

Fanatics

Reaction score
You don't sign your own FA's to 1 year deals if you don't believe you could get back to the superbowl with the current team. With that said, does that sound like a rookie QB starting? I don't think so but who knows.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm speechless.

No idea what to think...other than that possibly they were all in on Watson and the charges screwed them.

Fanatics

Reaction score
This trade seems premature as the basic rule is you don't trade unless you know your guy will be there. With that said maybe Lawrence, Wilson is not seen as Shanahan's guy.

The other side of this, maybe the 49ers got duped into doing this trade now because of the reports the Eagles already had a deal to move to 3 if Wilson was available, which put pressure on 49ers to do it now, since they couldn't wait until the draft.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Miami won the day and with their moves today.

Huh. Looks like Jimmy Glass wasn’t “the savior”, as many of us said.

Rat

Reaction score
Fanatics":1e95ved3 said:
You don't sign your own FA's to 1 year deals if you don't believe you could get back to the superbowl with the current team. With that said, does that sound like a rookie QB starting? I don't think so but who knows.
It's kind of a unique situation in that teams as talented as the Niners are rarely drafting in the top 3. They basically only got into this position because the Texans were so inept. It's hard to say they should do something, just because teams drafting that high usually do.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3lh458l1 said:
Miami won the day and with their moves today.
Good take since they were looking into probably getting Chase anyway, so no need to stand pat.

The other side of this will be: If 49ers hit on their QB of the future, that team could be scary good with Shanahan's play calling and a QB on a rookie contract the next 4 years. Everyone can forget about getting Bosa, Warner, Deebo and Greenlaw now. They can build up the team on the cheap years and by the time for the QB to be signed the League Cap should be a lot higher. But...there is always a but...if they miss, they are done!

Status
Not open for further replies.