Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clowney

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Clowney
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:31 am
  • Well, I'm shocked Clowney is still available despite having a bad year with the Titans. I thought for sure someone would have signed him by now.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Re: Clowney
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:24 am
  • I think Clowney has been officially tagged with the "over rated" label. :229031_shrug:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:30 pm
  • Yeah, I was saying the same thing when he wanted 20 mil a year. Clowney is living off that 1st round pick status...STILL
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:Yeah, I was saying the same thing when he wanted 20 mil a year. Clowney is living off that 1st round pick status...STILL

More specifically, his 2013 tackle against MIchigan in the outback bowl may be the most lucrative tackle in football history.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:46 am
  • Assuming as same price as Dunbar, would you guys like to add Clowney to our DL?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:09 pm
  • toffee wrote:Assuming as same price as Dunbar, would you guys like to add Clowney to our DL?

If you're talking either/or I'd take Dunbar. YMMV.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:28 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    toffee wrote:Assuming as same price as Dunbar, would you guys like to add Clowney to our DL?

If you're talking either/or I'd take Dunbar. YMMV.

I feel better about our line than or DBs. Definitely Dunbar.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:36 pm
  • Dunbar is Cary Williams 2.0. No thanks. I rather they let Ryan Neal/Tre Flowers just take that spot or find a way to bring back Sherman. Anyone but Dunbar.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:54 pm
  • i dont get the fascination of Dumbar...He was horrible last season. I was really hype for him but he played equally bad as Flowers...

If you can sign Dumbar for 2.1 million then cut Flowers...If not, then keep Flowers.

Cloweny would be awesome to pickup
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:21 pm
  • rjdriver wrote:
    hawks85 wrote:Yeah, I was saying the same thing when he wanted 20 mil a year. Clowney is living off that 1st round pick status...STILL

More specifically, his 2013 tackle against MIchigan in the outback bowl may be the most lucrative tackle in football history.

Yep, he's a good player, but he's never lived up to the hype of that one play.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:27 pm
  • The biggest question mark surrounding Clowney is his desire to play football. That's the only reason he didn't get a major payday last offseason, and why he's still unsigned. The problem is he keeps reinforcing that narrative by holding out for more money and not showing up until the season starts.

I would argue that Clowney has lived up to the hype. He is every bit as disruptive in the backfield as Aaron Donald or Myles Garrett, but unlike those guys, he's not going to get 10 plus sacks. He's an average pass rusher. While he may not be a elite sack artist, teams have invested big money in those types of players in the past. Michael Bennett would be a prime example of that.

I honestly think if he resigned with Seattle and put up a season comparable to his 2019 season, he would've got a massive payday this season. Instead, he's sort of in purgatory because no one thinks he actually wants to play football. They think he just wants to get paid.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 am
  • I agree with knownone. Further, b/c of the reasons he stated, I don't really see Clowney being signed until injuries pile up and some team is desperate.

Clowney has a significant injury history; with us it happened after the first SF game in 2019. Guy did some good things after that but was never THAT kind of presence afterward, and that was a much better year for him than 2020.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:14 pm
  • knownone wrote:The biggest question mark surrounding Clowney is his desire to play football. That's the only reason he didn't get a major payday last offseason, and why he's still unsigned. The problem is he keeps reinforcing that narrative by holding out for more money and not showing up until the season starts.

I would argue that Clowney has lived up to the hype. He is every bit as disruptive in the backfield as Aaron Donald or Myles Garrett, but unlike those guys, he's not going to get 10 plus sacks. He's an average pass rusher. While he may not be a elite sack artist, teams have invested big money in those types of players in the past. Michael Bennett would be a prime example of that.

I honestly think if he resigned with Seattle and put up a season comparable to his 2019 season, he would've got a massive payday this season. Instead, he's sort of in purgatory because no one thinks he actually wants to play football. They think he just wants to get paid.

I agree 100 percent. Where do you think he will sign? I said the Ravens a few months ago, and I think I'm gonna stick with that. I highly doubt Seattle signs him at this point, but who knows, it could still happen.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:37 pm
  • It comes down to $$$

If Clowney costs marginally more than bringing back KJ, then Seattle should 100% go after Clowney, if he's willing to not wait until the season is about to start to sign
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:11 pm
  • Clowney kind of looks like those "million dollar talent, ten cent head" kind of players. He's an amazing athlete, but if his initial move doesn't work he doesn't have the tools to salvage the play. And once he's beat, he stays beat.

He's getting old enough that nobody's going to pay for potential anymore. The lightbulb hasn't gone on, so you're not going to write a fat check to a guy that is famine or feast on any given Sunday.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information