NFL bans non-player staff from interacting unless vaccinated

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets see how this plays out, this is the first I have heard, vaccinate or don't come to work situation and it's a very visible employer.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The memo also makes it clear how they'll be dealing with players. There's a union, so they're not outright telling them to get the vax. But without it, they'll be everyday testing, wearing the contact tracers, not sitting with other guys in the cafeteria, and all this. They're already telling them their life will suck way more than their peers who got the vax.

Carrot and stick. All employers will be doing this if they sense an advantage, and so will the employees. Silicon Valley might be an exception, but they are because after a year, employers have seen that their devs do JUST FINE AND BETTER not being in a fishbowl supervised by dumb HR types who know nothing about tech.

knownone

Reaction score
chris98251":1aemb6td said:
Lets see how this plays out, this is the first I have heard, vaccinate or don't come to work situation and it's a very visible employer.
I imagine this will end up in court eventually. There are far too many legal/ethical ramifications for this not to.

cymatica

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. Right now it's just inconvenience, soon it will be mandatory to work. No one should agree to this, especially when the vaccines were rushed and the J&J shot was just suspended after several cases of blood clots. There's a reason why these companies have zero liability

chris98251

Reaction score
cymatica":1nocky76 said:
This is getting ridiculous. Right now it's just inconvenience, soon it will be mandatory to work. No one should agree to this, especially when the vaccines were rushed and the J&J shot was just suspended after several cases of blood clots. There's a reason why these companies have zero liability

Again the JJ vaccine is being linked to 7 cases, it's not like it's 1 in every 10 people, they are saying 1 in maybe a million or so. The issue is it shows up 5 to 13 days after the shot, also so far it has just been happening in women.

Marvin49

Reaction score
cymatica":1f40h9is said:

...this thread is in danger of veering into political territory...

...but the J&J Vaccine issue is LITERALLY 1 in a million and seen in women alone.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Other industries are going down the same path:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sal ... 08395.html

As to the nfl and how this latest ruling is interpreted?

The 49ers will probably take the lead on this with a "100 percent of our team has been vaccinated. Do your part, stay safe" campaign. They almost have to, because the odds that Santa Clara County will follow the SF Giants' lead. They almost have to given that Santa Clara County evicted them while they were following the rules.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
My job has offered employees $125 and a day off with pay if they show their vaccination card. I'm still not going to get it. I figured that's just the first step to try and get people to comply with getting the vaccine who haven't gotten it yet. Who knows what they'll do next with the people who still aren't vaccinated.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SeahawkFrost":fbghovcx said:
My job has offered employees $125 and a day off with pay if they show their vaccination card. I'm still not going to get it. I figured that's just the first step to try and get people to comply with getting the vaccine who haven't gotten it yet. Who knows what they'll do next with the people who still aren't vaccinated.

Well workplaces have pretty much been greenlighted to do what they want. And the nfl already is.

Look realistically at how the nfl is setting this up. It won't be realistic for players who won't vax to keep competitive while held to 2020 protocols. Like, for instance, not having the same amount of f2f with their peer group.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
Yeah it will be interesting to see how this plays out. If there are any players that refuse to get the vaccine.

cymatica

Reaction score
chris98251":3ugqj8i5 said:
cymatica":3ugqj8i5 said:

Again the JJ vaccine is being linked to 7 cases, it's not like it's 1 in every 10 people, they are saying 1 in maybe a million or so. The issue is it shows up 5 to 13 days after the shot, also so far it has just been happening in women.

Even if that was the only issue, these vaccines were most certainly rushed, and we have zero knowledge of how they will affect us long term with zero liability for these companies. It's extremely ignorant and dangerous to push this on people

chris98251

Reaction score
cymatica":1njxqhvr said:
chris98251":1njxqhvr said:
cymatica":1njxqhvr said:

Even if that was the only issue, these vaccines were most certainly rushed, and we have zero knowledge of how they will affect us long term with zero liability for these companies. It's extremely ignorant and dangerous to push this on people

True, we can grow a longer penis, a third Eye, get younger, we don't know. But what we do know is without a vaccine many will die because ass wipes won't wear a mask, won't sanitize, and don't care if they spread it if they don't have symptoms.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":li6v1usa said:
cymatica":li6v1usa said:
chris98251":li6v1usa said:
cymatica":li6v1usa said:

True, we can grow a longer pen15, a third Eye, get younger, we don't know. But what we do know is without a vaccine many will die because ass wipes won't wear a mask, won't sanitize, and don't care if they spread it if they don't have symptoms.

Well, that. And the fact that sports is already "pushing this" on fans. You have to be vaxed (fully vaxed meaning you're two weeks past your last injection) or have a very recent test. In every other interaction, it's been expected that the same or better would apply to employees and players.

Each unvaccinated person has 20 times more risk of getting covid. And the more of them they are, the more a business disadvantage there is. Which in NFL translates to individual dollars especially given their protocol.

cymatica

Reaction score
chris98251":302r5u09 said:
cymatica":302r5u09 said:
chris98251":302r5u09 said:
cymatica":302r5u09 said:

True, we can grow a longer pen15, a third Eye, get younger, we don't know. But what we do know is without a vaccine many will die because ass wipes won't wear a mask, won't sanitize, and don't care if they spread it if they don't have symptoms.

I think it's sad that when people bring up legitimate concerns, the mob of uninformed like to post strawman arguments that only serve the purpose to ridicule those who are concerned. It's also sad that people still lecture about masks when they do not protect against covid, according to actual science and real data.

Go ahead though, mock away if it makes you feel like a hero

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
cymatica":3sd78y0l said:
I think it's sad that when people bring up legitimate concerns, the mob of uninformed like to post strawman arguments that only serve the purpose to ridicule those who are concerned. It's also sad that people still lecture about masks when they do not protect against covid, according to actual science and real data.

Remember that S&C coach out of Baltimore who ended up infecting dozens of Ravens players? That's why the NFL is making the staffers vaccinate. That's the stick approach.

The players have a strong union so the NFL is not doing that to them, but such players will be restricted from f2f downtime severely. That's a competitive disadvantage that any player will realize. That's the carrot approach.

You are free to feel the way you do about vaccination or mandatory testing. Or masks. But you won't be getting into any sporting event without a mask and one or the other.

chris98251

Reaction score
cymatica":3gj3xllw said:
chris98251":3gj3xllw said:
cymatica":3gj3xllw said:
chris98251":3gj3xllw said:

Not straw man, I bet you think the vaccine has a microchip and will tell Bill Gates all your life's info and have not got it yet.

They vetted it, yes rushed but what close to 3 million dead that we know about in the world?

So those 7 had a reaction, you would rather the Virus run rampant and do a mass kill off plague like while they take 5 to ten years to do the slow approach I guess, so lets see maybe 100 million or maybe a billion or more dead because it was created to fast for you.

The masks to help they have done experiments, you have to wear it correctly not just over your mouth, and not with side vents because it restricts air flow.

Maybe they should have just sent out memos to those interested, let all the stupid idiots die and create jobs burning the bodies.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Oi.

I don’t want to insult anyone and I won’t name call, but it is frustrating as hell to read post from people calling everyone else ignorant and “not knowing the facts” about the vaccine when they don’t either. It was rushed? No shit. That’s what you do when people are dying. You don’t hold back for 6 months while people die.

We don’t know the long term? Even if that’s true, which is no different than any other vaccine, then IMO its selfish as all hell to let everyone else take that chance to reach herd immunity and sit back in the cheap seats criticizing.

This isn’t a matter of simply having a different opinion. People choosing not to get vaccinated has a material effect on everyone else. The more people sit in the sidelines, the longer this lasts. I just had my brother in law lose both his father and sister to Covid on the same day. Spare me the difference of opinion. This is all hands on deck.

Be a part of the solution or shut the F up.

Me? I got my first Pfizer shot at Levi’s Stadium yesterday. I’d rather contribute to the solution.

knownone

Reaction score
There does seem to be a holier than thou element at play here. If people don't want to get vaccinated, they should have that choice. I know that is not ideal for the rest of us, but we shouldn't shame people for not wanting to take on what they believe to be a serious risk.

Furthermore, if NFL teams don't want their employees around the facility until they are vaccinated, they should have that choice. Also, employees should have a right to challenge any mandate in the court of law. This is, of course, how democracies function.

There are risks associated with vaccines; however, those risks do not scale. Viruses, on the other hand, do scale. There are multiplicative effects caused by those who are not vaccinated, which increases the risk of more infections. Whereas vaccines only carry risk localized to the individual. It is important to remember that vaccines do not prevent transmission, so just being vaccinated does not mean you are not spreading the virus.

balakoth

Reaction score
People have been dying for decades and they haven't rushed influenza A B C vaccines or the 7 strains of pneumonia vaccines that.. simply still don't work that well (Some how this COVID vaccine protects against mutations? hrmmm)

Before COVID hit last year, 75k people were dying every week at the height of the season due to complications while having the flu and pneumonia with a total of 523k dead in our country from those two in just 5 months.

Good thing a ton of people screen shot and saved the data, because as it got further into this pandemic, pages with all the pertinent transparent information, started vanishing. I don't disagree that COVID is an issue, but... yeah.

While calling others ignorant is totally off base, lets be real. Some of us can use Data, some of us use Komo News 4 :shrug:

Just how the world works.