Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Packers turned down #3 pick from 49ers for Rodgers

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• If this is true, this is an epic fail. I wonder if this was their plan all along for trading up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Already been debunked from multiple sources.
    Fanatics
    NET Rookie

• What's happening this weekend?

This is the time of year where misdirection, lies and click bait is at it's highest.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I don't doubt they made a call. I mean, they'd be stupid not too....

....but I have a hard time believing they offered #3, multiple other picks, and players.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• ESPN and Schefter are reporting that Rodgers has informed the Packers he doesn’t want to return to the team.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

• Flyingsquad23 wrote:ESPN and Schefter are reporting that Rodgers has informed the Packers he doesn’t want to return to the team.
    Damn! Maybe the Niners will get him after all. I hope the Packers play hardball. No Niners and NO Patriots!!!!!!

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:ESPN and Schefter are reporting that Rodgers has informed the Packers he doesn’t want to return to the team.
    Damn! Maybe the Niners will get him after all. I hope the Packers play hardball. No Niners and NO Patriots!!!!!!

...aaaaaand thats why you make the call.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• No matter what happens this years draft is shaping up to be a great show.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:I don't doubt they made a call. I mean, they'd be stupid not too....

....but I have a hard time believing they offered #3, multiple other picks, and players.

First thing I thought of when I heard this was Lynch's first call to the Pats was asking about Brady which turned into Jimmy G. But this one doesn't look like it will end up being Jordan Love based on recent news
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• Hopefully the media and fans will critique Rodgers as a diva, much in the same way that Russ was
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Scorpion05 wrote:Hopefully the media and fans will critique Rodgers as a diva, much in the same way that Russ was

I know someone (won't call him a friend) who was having fun with the Russ talk this off-season who is a Packer fans. The karmic feeling I have at this moment is indescribable.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• For everyone who said there was hostility between Russ and management you have to agree there is hostility here too. Since we don't have Russ' heir apparent already on the team that situation was easier to patch up. With Love in GB, GB is now forced to choose between Love and Rodgers and apparently they can't do it and are just pissing everyone off.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad

• Green Bay would never trade Rodgers to the 49ers unless they gave up most their defense and Kittle, even then with the deep contempt between the franchises and both in the NFC I doubt it would happen out of spite against Rodgers wanting to leave the promised land and the Packers thinking what AFC team can we fleece and put Aaron in the worst situation.

Broncos and Raiders have been mentioned, Raiders and Gruden that's a possibility, Elway would love Rodgers there, but they just traded for Bridgewater. Still Bridgewater could be moved again to someone.

Jets, Texans, Bengals are probably the least favored at this point to be challengers.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Green Bay would never trade Rodgers to the 49ers unless they gave up most their defense and Kittle, even then with the deep contempt between the franchises and both in the NFC I doubt it would happen out of spite against Rodgers wanting to leave the promised land and the Packers thinking what AFC team can we fleece and put Aaron in the worst situation.

Broncos and Raiders have been mentioned, Raiders and Gruden that's a possibility, Elway would love Rodgers there, but they just traded for Bridgewater. Still Bridgewater could be moved again to someone.

Jets, Texans, Bengals are probably the least favored at this point to be challengers.

You forget Erin controls where he can go just like Russ.
    I'd trade him to the Hawks for RW :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Watch the Rams make a sneaky move to get Rodgers. That is, if they can still trade Stafford.
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

• Denver media is pretty confident he will be a Bronco
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Denver media is pretty confident he will be a Bronco

Imagine having John Elway, Peyton Manning, and possibly Aaron Rodgers playing for your team? That’s good juju.
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Green Bay would never trade Rodgers to the 49ers unless they gave up most their defense and Kittle, even then with the deep contempt between the franchises and both in the NFC I doubt it would happen out of spite against Rodgers wanting to leave the promised land and the Packers thinking what AFC team can we fleece and put Aaron in the worst situation.

May be GB called John about a swap?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Mizak wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:Denver media is pretty confident he will be a Bronco

Imagine having John Elway, Peyton Manning, and possibly Aaron Rodgers playing for your team? That’s good juju.

Erin would have to turn into a game manager to win a SB in Denver just like the rest had to..
    A washed up game manager.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• LOL
    Rodgers not wanting to go to Green Bay was known back in February according to Schefter. Instead, he and/or ESPN chose to stir the pot on opening day of the draft. I hate the media.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Erin has been a whining b**&^ for years, none of this is a surprise. He loves him some him.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information