Packers turned down #3 pick from 49ers for Rodgers

James in PA

Reaction score
If this is true, this is an epic fail. I wonder if this was their plan all along for trading up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
What's happening this weekend?

This is the time of year where misdirection, lies and click bait is at it's highest.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I don't doubt they made a call. I mean, they'd be stupid not too....

....but I have a hard time believing they offered #3, multiple other picks, and players.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
ESPN and Schefter are reporting that Rodgers has informed the Packers he doesn’t want to return to the team.

James in PA

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3f6t1e7q said:
ESPN and Schefter are reporting that Rodgers has informed the Packers he doesn’t want to return to the team.
Damn! Maybe the Niners will get him after all. I hope the Packers play hardball. No Niners and NO Patriots!!!!!!

Marvin49

Reaction score
James in PA":2wwji9hd said:
Flyingsquad23":2wwji9hd said:
Damn! Maybe the Niners will get him after all. I hope the Packers play hardball. No Niners and NO Patriots!!!!!!

...aaaaaand thats why you make the call.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
No matter what happens this years draft is shaping up to be a great show.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Marvin49":1gbb0nqz said:
I don't doubt they made a call. I mean, they'd be stupid not too....

....but I have a hard time believing they offered #3, multiple other picks, and players.

First thing I thought of when I heard this was Lynch's first call to the Pats was asking about Brady which turned into Jimmy G. But this one doesn't look like it will end up being Jordan Love based on recent news

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hopefully the media and fans will critique Rodgers as a diva, much in the same way that Russ was

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1oejksdo said:
Hopefully the media and fans will critique Rodgers as a diva, much in the same way that Russ was

I know someone (won't call him a friend) who was having fun with the Russ talk this off-season who is a Packer fans. The karmic feeling I have at this moment is indescribable.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
For everyone who said there was hostility between Russ and management you have to agree there is hostility here too. Since we don't have Russ' heir apparent already on the team that situation was easier to patch up. With Love in GB, GB is now forced to choose between Love and Rodgers and apparently they can't do it and are just pissing everyone off.

chris98251

Reaction score
Green Bay would never trade Rodgers to the 49ers unless they gave up most their defense and Kittle, even then with the deep contempt between the franchises and both in the NFC I doubt it would happen out of spite against Rodgers wanting to leave the promised land and the Packers thinking what AFC team can we fleece and put Aaron in the worst situation.

Broncos and Raiders have been mentioned, Raiders and Gruden that's a possibility, Elway would love Rodgers there, but they just traded for Bridgewater. Still Bridgewater could be moved again to someone.

Jets, Texans, Bengals are probably the least favored at this point to be challengers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2wz3nihu said:
Green Bay would never trade Rodgers to the 49ers unless they gave up most their defense and Kittle, even then with the deep contempt between the franchises and both in the NFC I doubt it would happen out of spite against Rodgers wanting to leave the promised land and the Packers thinking what AFC team can we fleece and put Aaron in the worst situation.

Broncos and Raiders have been mentioned, Raiders and Gruden that's a possibility, Elway would love Rodgers there, but they just traded for Bridgewater. Still Bridgewater could be moved again to someone.

Jets, Texans, Bengals are probably the least favored at this point to be challengers.
You forget Erin controls where he can go just like Russ.
I'd trade him to the Hawks for RW :2thumbs:

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Watch the Rams make a sneaky move to get Rodgers. That is, if they can still trade Stafford.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Denver media is pretty confident he will be a Bronco

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
CPHawk":k4rp8ugw said:

Imagine having John Elway, Peyton Manning, and possibly Aaron Rodgers playing for your team? That’s good juju.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":27sfrzz6 said:

May be GB called John about a swap?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Mizak":37txtljx said:
CPHawk":37txtljx said:

Imagine having John Elway, Peyton Manning, and possibly Aaron Rodgers playing for your team? That’s good juju.
Erin would have to turn into a game manager to win a SB in Denver just like the rest had to..
A washed up game manager.