Tim Tebow Playing TE With Jags

Threedee

Reaction score
hawks85":785nejde said:
33 year old Tebow is trying to make a comeback to the NFL as a TE. Should be interesting.

Didn't everyone tell him to switch over to TE about a decade ago?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Threedee":1lnenazj said:
hawks85":1lnenazj said:
33 year old Tebow is trying to make a comeback to the NFL as a TE. Should be interesting.

Didn't everyone tell him to switch over to TE about a decade ago?
Yes they did but he didn't understand why. :pukeface:

knownone

Reaction score
I'm surprised he's giving up on such a promising baseball career.

Spohawks

Reaction score
He was brought in and completed 75% of his passes for the Jets, and then the Jets pulled him...WHAT????

Can you name another QB that was treated like that? Nah, thats just pure hate...plain and simple.

If they did that to an African American QB, it would be called racist.

If he earns that TE spot, he earns it. May the best man win!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spohawks":dykkf0y4 said:
He was brought in and completed 75% of his passes for the Jets, and then the Jets pulled him...WHAT????

Can you name another QB that was treated like that? Nah, thats just pure hate...plain and simple.

You mentioned “division” recently in another thread.

Then you comment here suggesting “racist”/racism and “hate”.
Do you have an agenda?

Spohawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":3kbwr4ym said:
Spohawks":3kbwr4ym said:

Do you have an agenda?

Agenda? Just to be a straight shooter.

"Hate" If a team brings a guy in and he does the job at an All-Pro level (Completes 75% of his passes) but then pulls him. Was their agenda to win games, or did Rex Ryan hate him so much that he was going to pull him no matter what?

"Racist" You tell me...what will the response be in Chicago if Justin Fields is cut after completing 75% of his passes for a white QB? (Tim was cut for Geno Smith)
Be real, the racist discussion would be on the table.

The last thing I am doing is being controversial, its 2021, hate and racism is the #1 and #2 topics in the world. Its just sad a classy guy like Tebow (or anyone) has to deal with hate!

Spohawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":1bpz60iz said:
Spohawks":1bpz60iz said:

Do you have an agenda?

There is over 4400 uses of the word racist in .Net history...and you picked me of having an agenda, but let the others go. Attack the post not the poster.

ryank24

Reaction score
Spohawks":2ys1i16r said:

He threw a total of 8 passes for 39 yards that season as the backup QB for the Jets. I think you'll have a hard time finding anybody to agree that he was having a successful season and was pulled because of hate.

Maybe look at the larger sample size of his previous 2 seasons where he maxed out at a 50% completion rate. Or understand that there's a lot more that goes into evaluating a QB play than completion percentage.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
ryank24":2bpxbq04 said:
Spohawks":2bpxbq04 said:

He threw a total of 8 passes for 39 yards that season as the backup QB for the Jets. I think you'll have a hard time finding anybody to agree that he was having a successful season and was pulled because of hate.

Maybe look at the larger sample size of his previous 2 seasons where he maxed out at a 50% completion rate. Or understand that there's a lot more that goes into evaluating a QB play than completion percentage.

This is lulz, he was literally 6-8 in two starts. I always thought the media surrounding him was really unfair, but he did get his chance and just didn’t have enough. I find it admirable he has been able to pivot and maintain a presence in baseball even if very pedestrian. The fact he has been given this new opportunity shows he is a naturally gifted athlete. His personal and religious pursuits don’t interest me.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Spohawks":2pi0h1tx said:

Listen I get that whole debate but you’re way off on this one. Tebow was just not that good of a NFL QB. I really liked him and wanted him to succeed. But he just wasn’t that good. He won Denver some games and who knows what he could have done with a team with a great defense and great running game. But being a great QB isn’t one of them.

Maybe he didn’t get a fair shot. But this comparison is way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spohawks

Reaction score
One may say his passes were few, but whos fault was that??? Rex Ryan!

Are you concerned about his passing yards? Its the coach who dials up the play.

Be real and answer this question.

You are being interviewed for a NFL Head Coach position and the GM just wants to know if you know the basics...

GM: You got a QB thats completing 75% of his passes and has not thrown an interception or given up a fumble...do you keep him in there or do you pull him?

You:....

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":31gg9c94 said:

You are being interviewed for a NFL Head Coach position and the GM just wants to know if you know the basics...

GM: You got a QB thats completing 75% of his passes and has not thrown an interception or given up a fumble...do you keep him in there or do you pull him?

Me: Pull him, because anyone with eyes can see that the dude can't hit the broadside of a damn barn downfield, and he has a ridiculously bad throwing motion that takes like a full second to complete.

Also, immediately fire anyone on staff who seriously suggests the completion percentage within a sample size of 8 passes obligates us to leave Tebow in, despite his sub-50% career completion percentage - which makes perfect sense considering his unbelievable lack of accuracy and poise as a quarterback.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":37gu1bl9 said:
Spohawks":37gu1bl9 said:

Me: Pull him, because anyone with eyes can see that the dude can't hit the broadside of a damn barn downfield, and he has a ridiculously bad throwing motion that takes like a full second to complete.

Also, immediately fire anyone on staff who seriously suggests the completion percentage within a sample size of 8 passes obligates us to leave Tebow in, despite his sub-50% career completion percentage - which makes perfect sense considering his unbelievable lack of accuracy and poise as a quarterback.

GM: We think he has talent but he needed some fine tuning...so we coached him up and we were right. He went from 50% to 75%. What is the use of coaching up a player to the point of kicking out All-Pro level stats and then bench him??? Sorry Coach 787, you are not a fit for our team.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spohawks":3gihc3t4 said:
pmedic920":3gihc3t4 said:
Spohawks":3gihc3t4 said:

Do you have an agenda?

There is over 4400 uses of the word racist in .Net history...and you picked me of having an agenda, but let the others go. Attack the post not the poster.

Was no where close to an attack, it was a simple question. I did not accuse you of,or even imply that you had an agenda.

In the current climate (so much hate, division, and race baiting) seems odd to interject any of it here in this topic.

Guess if your looking for ghosts around every corner your gunna find a few.

You do you Bro Tater.

ryank24

Reaction score
Spohawks":3u92jfig said:
Maelstrom787":3u92jfig said:
Spohawks":3u92jfig said:

GM: We think he has talent but he needed some fine tuning...so we coached him up and we were right. He went from 50% to 75%. What is the use of coaching up a player to the point of kicking out All-Pro level stats and then bench him??? Sorry Coach 787, you are not a fit for our team.

So maybe the Seahawks shouldn't have "pulled" Geno Smith last season? The guy was completing 80% of his passes with no interceptions or fumbles. Far better than that Russell Wilson guy that they kept rolling out there.

Spohawks

Reaction score
ryank24":3ta5sf8t said:
Spohawks":3ta5sf8t said:
Maelstrom787":3ta5sf8t said:
Spohawks":3ta5sf8t said:

So maybe the Seahawks shouldn't have "pulled" Geno Smith last season? The guy was completing 80% of his passes with no interceptions or fumbles. Far better than that Russell Wilson guy that they kept rolling out there.

Come correct with the stats, then we can talk...Geno had a fumble against the Jets.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spohawks":1md69v3e said:
Maelstrom787":1md69v3e said:
Spohawks":1md69v3e said:

Please tell me you're joking lol

He's legitimately one of the worst professional quarterbacks to play in the past 2 decades

ryank24

Reaction score
Spohawks":50oei6zp said:
ryank24":50oei6zp said:
Spohawks":50oei6zp said:
Maelstrom787":50oei6zp said:

Come correct with the stats, then we can talk...Geno had a fumble against the Jets.

My mistake, Geno Smith had 1 fumble last year. Far better than the 4 Wilson had. The point remains the same.