When is the NFL finally going to toughen the league?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
And get rid of all these stupid defenseless player rules and QB protection bullshit?

Is quite simple. Just make sure all players are aware of the risks of playing football. If they don't want to play on a riskier league, then they go do something else. As long as people are willingly signing up to play and accepting the risks, then what is the problem?

Mostly I just miss watching defensive backs run at full speed and drill a receiver as soon as they catch a ball. And blindside blocks. And being able to hit people in the head. If you don't want your players getting concussions, then tell them to just cower in fear instead of attempting to make a catch. In the end, it's all a personal decision anyway.

I WANT VIOLENCE. INJURIES. EVEN A LITTLE DEATH!

#MakeFootballGreatAgain

sutz

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't want this in the shack? :twisted:

Ain't gonna happen. You want MMA, watch MMA. :229031_shrug:

94Smith

Reaction score
Some of the stories of veteran players with CTE are pretty sad. Playing a sport for enjoyment of fans should not shorten your life span. 49ers just lost TE Clark this month in his 40s.

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
94Smith":hxxtv34n said:
Some of the stories of veteran players with CTE are pretty sad. Playing a sport for enjoyment of fans should not shorten your life span. 49ers just lost TE Clark this month in his 40s.

Why don't we let the players make that choice? If nobody signs up to play football because of the risks, then we can look at making the game safer.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Can tell if this is serious.

We are watching the last days of football. Once Califonia outlaws tackle football at the high school level other states will follow.

The future of football is 7 on 7 flag football.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3a3x617y said:

We are watching the last days of football. Once Califonia outlaws tackle football at the high school level other states will follow.

That'll be such a shame if California does that. I kinda doubt it because if they did they'd have to outlaw all sorts of other sports like rugby for instance. Wrestling too. Other sports.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":145wbpdr said:

They won't, State and Colleges make too much off it, it would be like cutting off their balls.

nanomoz

Reaction score
They all result in more points on the scoreboard.

If people still liked good, old-fashioned grind-it-out football, the landscape never would have changed so much.

I'd rather see illegal contact and spot-of-the-foul PI go away than the stuff that is supposed to prevent traumatic injury. Gawd I hate that $h!t. It's all so that there's more points on the scoreboard, which, it seems, most fans find exciting.

I think it makes the game more boring, personally, not letting defenders touch receivers unless they're necks can rotate 180 degrees to make a play "on the ball" every time.

Threedee

Reaction score
Rescinding some of the rules would stop teams from throwing over the middle to piñata/slot receivers. It would not do the league a service with regard to getting QBs injured more regularly.