Sherman arrested

sutz

Reaction score
A little more info here:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1415326892689805313[/tweet]

Sucks. I wasn't a fan of picking him up anyway, just sucks to see this happen.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Bail denied.

I'm sorry but when Earl Thomas' wife got busted with holding a technically loaded firearm on him was her bail denied? I don't recall that with Reuben Foster or Aldon Smith when they were being accused of having weapons caches and scaring their GFs with them

This is so sad because I've thought the world of Sherm since and after '13 including when he was a 9er. But all signs point to something happening here. It's not like it's a total misunderstanding usually when bail is denied altogether.

I don't think Sherm has to worry about football at this point. Not this year. Not with this over his head. Whatever this is hopefully gets handled by the mediators and the social workers and psychs and experts tasked with looking out for kids in situations like this.

Hoping it gets resolved.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio:

More details have emerged regarding the Thursday arrest of free-agent cornerback Richard Sherman.
Via ESPN.com, Sherman allegedly attempted to force his way into the home of a family member. He also allegedly fought with police when they arrived on the scene.

Authorities took him to a local hospital, where he was checked and cleared and then taken to jail.
A police spokesperson said that no one in the house was injured during the incident.

Also per the report, it’s standard practice to hold the defendant in a domestic violence case without bail until a judge can address the situation. It’s unclear how quickly that will happen in Sherman’s case.

chris98251

Reaction score
So he may have had a accident, left the scene to get help at a family members home who would not let him in and called the cops, how the altercation started will be interesting since Sherman is usually pretty self aware unless he loses his cool for some reason. But at Night a black man trying to get in a house in Redmond who does not have the best reputation for their department in a pretty white area I can see this being one of those situations that went sideways fast. Remember the whole Lynch thing also in Belle / Red.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1nayvpg6 said:
So he may have had a accident, left the scene to get help at a family members home who would not let him in and called the cops, how the altercation started will be interesting since Sherman is usually pretty self aware unless he loses his cool for some reason. But at Night a black man trying to get in a house in Redmond who does not have the best reputation for their department in a pretty white area I can see this being one of those situations that went sideways fast. Remember the whole Lynch thing also in Belle / Red.

OK so the cops, in Redmond Washington, get into it with Richard Kevin Sherman because he was Black?

The family member had to tell the cops it was Sherm presumably and they did that after this presumed "accident" instead of letting him in if it was one? Let alone the fact that even if the family did not ID him, most police who watched the Hawks would probably suspect that it's him.

Everyone would have most benefited if everyone just calmed down and mutually separated and the only thing was a report number, not a situation with a crashed car headed toward a house turning into some sort of illegal entry attempt on the house that ends with Sherm getting attacked by a police dog because that's how out of control it got. It is really hard at this point to blame the cops just because, for example, Sherman is Black.

Sherm playing for 2021 anywhere should be the last of his priorities. If he wants to resurrect his career or reputation however, he's going to have to answer this.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3kd04tew said:
chris98251":3kd04tew said:

OK so the cops, in Redmond Washington, get into it with Richard Kevin Sherman because he was Black?

The family member had to tell the cops it was Sherm presumably and they did that after this presumed "accident" instead of letting him in if it was one? Let alone the fact that even if the family did not ID him, most police who watched the Hawks would probably suspect that it's him.

Everyone would have most benefited if everyone just calmed down and mutually separated and the only thing was a report number, not a situation with a crashed car headed toward a house turning into some sort of illegal entry attempt on the house that ends with Sherm getting attacked by a police dog because that's how out of control it got. It is really hard at this point to blame the cops just because, for example, Sherman is Black.

Sherm playing for 2021 anywhere should be the last of his priorities. If he wants to resurrect his career or reputation however, he's going to have to answer this.

I just love how you come out with these long winded opinions when we are all still waiting for details and information about what ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

Like I said in another post, and I mean this sincerely. You need a hobby or maybe a break from the political forum.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3cyf6de9 said:
chris98251":3cyf6de9 said:

You really need to step away from shit you have no clue about. Late at night in Redmond as a black person walking around a house and we don't know who really called the cops they are going to think worst case situation. Redmond is a Older primarily White area to begin with. The department there has had many instances of racial tensions against the Black community, Lynch being one and there has been others of celerity athletes in that area as well, Clyde Hill is not that far away and that is a place where many well off people and Professional Athletes live. Jeremy Stevens also had a few run ins with the Belred Police that were not justified. I worked and have friends in the area I know what the mentality is.

Do You?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":38u591d6 said:
SantaClaraHawk":38u591d6 said:
chris98251":38u591d6 said:

You really need to step away from $h!t you have no clue about. Late at night in Redmond as a black person walking around a house and we don't know who really called the cops they are going to think worst case situation. Redmond is a Older primarily White area to begin with. The department there has had many instances of racial tensions against the Black community, Lynch being one and there has been others of celerity athletes in that area as well, Clyde Hill is not that far away and that is a place where many well off people and Professional Athletes live. Jeremy Stevens also had a few run ins with the Belred Police that were not justified. I worked and have friends in the area I know what the mentality is.

Do You?

You're saying that this is a anti-Black thing when clearly the call from service came from Black family members? What were they supposed to do not answer it?

And then according to Florio this happened.

Washington State Patrol is also investigating Sherman for crashing his car, leaving the scene and suspicion of driving under the influence. Police drew Sherman’s blood to determine whether he was under the influence, and those results are pending.

Then he attempts to break into either his wife's house or his wife's parents house. The cops are saying a family member in that house called who was probably one of these. Obviously Sherm didn't leave because if he did the cops would just tell the people he left.

Multiple resisting arrest counts. A police dog even involved. An officer even being hurt.

I would bet that the officers would have wanted the parties to de-escalate a long time ago. Of course when it gets to DUIs and car crashes, that's less possible and especially when the person is trying to come over when they've been told no.

For people who think the police were problematic here, what exactly did they do wrong? Especially from the victims' POV?

5thgen

Reaction score
The 911 audio from his wife has been released. There was a maple valley incident that preceded the redmond incident. I find it comical how some fans have all kinds of excuses for this guy.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1415430135323496451[/tweet]

groundchucklives

Reaction score
Dick Sherman is a great human being. He is a God among mere mortals. If you dont believe me just ask him. He is also an enlightened genius bc he went to Stanford and anyone who goes to Stanford is brilliant, just as anyone who goes to Yale is brilliant or who goes to Penn is brilliant. Once again, if you don't believe me, just as him. He will tell you how big that brilliant brain of his is. I know all of this because everyone in the sports media has told me this for years and years as they slobbered his knob on their knees. All of those times he acted like an ignorant, loudmouthed first-rate, narcissistic a**hole/douchebag? He was just a "misunderstood genius" those times. I know this because everyone in the sports media has told me this for years, just as they told me that Tiger Woods was and remains another "misunderstood hero/genius" and all-around great human being. :)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
groundchucklives":1fb5vp0q said:
Dick Sherman is a great human being. He is a God among mere mortals. If you dont believe me just ask him. He is also an enlightened genius bc he went to Stanford and anyone who goes to Stanford is brilliant, just as anyone who goes to Yale is brilliant or who goes to Penn is brilliant. Once again, if you don't believe me, just as him. He will tell you how big that brilliant brain of his is. I know all of this because everyone in the sports media has told me this for years and years as they slobbered his knob on their knees. All of those times he acted like an ignorant, loudmouthed first-rate, narcissistic a**hole/douchebag? He was just a "misunderstood genius" those times. I know this because everyone in the sports media has told me this for years, just as they told me that Tiger Woods was and remains another "misunderstood hero/genius" and all-around great human being. :)

Oh, wow, you're back with another rant about a player you don't like. Fantastic, this is what we were all hoping for. Joyous day.

Literally none of your posts are actually about football. None.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3efxnbj1 said:
groundchucklives":3efxnbj1 said:
d*ck Sherman is a great human being. He is a God among mere mortals. If you dont believe me just ask him. He is also an enlightened genius bc he went to Stanford and anyone who goes to Stanford is brilliant, just as anyone who goes to Yale is brilliant or who goes to Penn is brilliant. Once again, if you don't believe me, just as him. He will tell you how big that brilliant brain of his is. I know all of this because everyone in the sports media has told me this for years and years as they slobbered his knob on their knees. All of those times he acted like an ignorant, loudmouthed first-rate, narcissistic a**hole/douchebag? He was just a "misunderstood genius" those times. I know this because everyone in the sports media has told me this for years, just as they told me that Tiger Woods was and remains another "misunderstood hero/genius" and all-around great human being. :)

Oh, wow, you're back with another rant about a player you don't like. Fantastic, this is what we were all hoping for. Joyous day.

Literally none of your posts are actually about football. None.

I'd been privately hoping we could have gotten him back for like 3m, more with incentives. Why not position himself to transition into coaching for that next year, feeding into whatever third party arrangements/endorsements he's got.

I don't think that's possible. Even if the Hawks were somehow to allow this the league would just see what is now, what, six felony charges. Including DV.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":xdjr0smg said:
SantaClaraHawk":xdjr0smg said:
chris98251":xdjr0smg said:

You really need to step away from $h!t you have no clue about. Late at night in Redmond as a black person walking around a house and we don't know who really called the cops they are going to think worst case situation. Redmond is a Older primarily White area to begin with. The department there has had many instances of racial tensions against the Black community, Lynch being one and there has been others of celerity athletes in that area as well, Clyde Hill is not that far away and that is a place where many well off people and Professional Athletes live. Jeremy Stevens also had a few run ins with the Belred Police that were not justified. I worked and have friends in the area I know what the mentality is.

Do You?
I am a Californian that summer in PNW, mainly in Redmond/Fall City area off route 202. So I am familiar with that area, and yes, very white. In fact 100% white on my street. I can see how people could act or overreact to see a long hair black guy at 2am. But then folks ought to recognize Sherm, celebrity and all?

The whole incidents, sounded like it started with a very unhappy Sherm that has been threatened to commit suicide, then a drunk and suicidal Sherman had a DUI accident. After that he went to his ex or her parents home. Then the 911 and .....

As a fan, I never thought Sherm would be in some suicidal mindset, sounded very much like there's a scared child inside that big mouth mask?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":3mz73njv said:
chris98251":3mz73njv said:
SantaClaraHawk":3mz73njv said:
chris98251":3mz73njv said:

Do You?
I am a Californian that summer in PNW, mainly in Redmond/Fall City area off route 202. So I am familiar with that area, and yes, very white. In fact 100% white on my street. I can see how people could act or overreact to see a long hair black guy at 2am. But then folks ought to recognize Sherm, celebrity and all?

The whole incidents, sounded like it started with a very unhappy Sherm that has been threatened to commit suicide, then a drunk and suicidal Sherman had a DUI accident. After that he went to his ex or her parents home. Then the 911 and .....

As a fan, I never thought Sherm would be in some suicidal mindset, sounded very much like there's a scared child inside that big mouth mask?

How many people are going to go out and approach a guy in the dark at 2 am no matter what color of skin, based on the dispatch the 911 operator was very much part of the issue and who knows what is said to the officers, the 911 dispatcher actually was escalating the problem.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1cpt5q8g said:
toffee":1cpt5q8g said:
chris98251":1cpt5q8g said:
SantaClaraHawk":1cpt5q8g said:

Do You?

How many people are going to go out and approach a guy in the dark at 2 am no matter what color of skin, based on the dispatch the 911 operator was very much part of the issue and who knows what is said to the officers, the 911 dispatcher actually was escalating the problem.

It's those cops' job to respond to calls for service and if it's not lined up like WHERE we going to and WHO we looking for and WHAT is the situation involved for us, that's minimal info needed for the cop but they still have to go out anyway.

This kind of call is what gets calltakers fired or at least severely reprimanded. Because until you establish WHERE you are going you have no idea where to dispatch to. And until you ascertain from the RP WHAT/WHO you are dispatching for, you actually have no idea if you're bringing police fire or the paramedics. You can't do ANYTHING until you get the info from the respondent and the whole attitude until then has to be "Ma'am you called me and to help you I absolutely have to have this info" until you get it.

Because until you do, you can't do anything for them.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2mkwbr89 said:
toffee":2mkwbr89 said:
chris98251":2mkwbr89 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2mkwbr89 said:

Do You?

Agree with ya Chris, but still quite taken aback by What's been reported about Sherm, suicidal, drunk, resist arrest etc., So not the cool, shrewd, businessman Sherm over the years.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":17ded9ok said:
chris98251":17ded9ok said:
toffee":17ded9ok said:
chris98251":17ded9ok said:

Do You?

It's those cops' job to respond to calls for service and if it's not lined up like WHERE we going to and WHO we looking for and WHAT is the situation involved for us, that's minimal info needed for the cop but they still have to go out anyway.

This kind of call is what gets calltakers fired or at least severely reprimanded. Because until you establish WHERE you are going you have no idea where to dispatch to. And until you ascertain from the RP WHAT/WHO you are dispatching for, you actually have no idea if you're bringing police fire or the paramedics. You can't do ANYTHING until you get the info from the respondent and the whole attitude until then has to be "Ma'am you called me and to help you I absolutely have to have this info" until you get it.

Because until you do, you can't do anything for them.

Well we have this little thing called technology, you are coming off as really ignorant now, GPS tracks all cell phones for 911 calls, they know exactly where she is, if it's a land line it tracks call location from the number dialed, also immediately, I have called from a car moving for a roadside fire and they had me pin pointed to the mile marker on the road we were on in seconds.

All they needed to establish was the caller and the emergency called for, calming and getting people focused is what they are trained for or used to be, of course this is Washington not California. Each area is different but I would expect someone with such a diverse Job history and background to know that as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":3pbdv0fs said:
chris98251":3pbdv0fs said:
toffee":3pbdv0fs said:
chris98251":3pbdv0fs said:

Do You?

Agree with ya Chris, but still quite taken aback by What's been reported about Sherm, suicidal, drunk, resist arrest etc., So not the cool, shrewd, businessman Sherm over the years.

Well never was worth what 80 million dollars plus myself, but a divorce and the separation and lawyers playing each party off against one another can make anyone go unstable.

Latest posts