NFL warns teams with unvaxed outbreaks may have to forfeit

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1418256770305335299[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
It's again going to be about money, if I have role players unvaxed, and refuse to get vaxxed I start looking for replacements. The chance to win versus no chance if they have an outbreak. The chance of a game being cancelled will cost a team and the NFL millions, if it's a TV game advertising and all that, fans in stands etc.

If players start getting cut I think we wills ee a wave of vaccinations happen, those that don't will not be on teams eventually till they show their vaccination record.

Spohawks

Reaction score
How will they know who it came from? It could be a coach, janitor or player. So if a vaxed player creates an outbreak, its fine, but if a unvaxed player creates an outbreak, nobody plays or gets paid. I see a lawsuit coming! The NFL is overstepping!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":qfizebu7 said:
How will they know who it came from? It could be a coach, janitor or player. So if a vaxed player creates an outbreak, its fine, but if a unvaxed player creates an outbreak, nobody plays or gets paid. I see a lawsuit coming! The NFL is overstepping!

I thought about this too. I doubt they go hard in cases where there's both vaxed and unvaxed on the covid-19 list. They're just making it clear to any team that they need to look at where their nonvaxed players are at and how that could affect games.

For instance, let's say Quandre doesn't end up vaxing but the rest of his contacts got the shot. If they're vaxed asymptomatic positive, they could report back within 48 hours, thus mitigating the risk of Quandre's decision. It wouldn't cost us a game in that case.