Chiefs long-snapper put on covid list

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... d-19-list/

Ninety percent vaccinated. Ninety percent, and then their long-snapper does this. It's like a job that 32 people have, and it has huge turnover, but you just decided to do this and you will now miss weeks of TC.

Since he's obviously out however, Chiefs brought in a replacement. Hope he blows this guy out.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You can still test positive for covid if vaccinated. I have to rest regularly even though I'm double jabbed.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3qkwrw6z said:
You can still test positive for covid if vaccinated. I have to rest regularly even though I'm double jabbed.

While athletes don't have to disclose vaccination status publicly, I've noticed that they tend to do it when they're put on a list. Especially, I suspect, if their team just told ESPN that they're 90 percent vaccinated.

You're right in that no one HAS to do that, but it would seem very much in anyone's interest to do so.

In any case, though, consider the implications at either long-snapper or kicker on any team in the regular season. You have to try out new guys if even one goes down. What about two down? At two, no matter how good PM is, that's a serious competitive disadvantage.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":tmbps7yf said:

That jab sure seems worth it, what with its nearly nonexistant benefit against Greek letters.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2yr5yp8z said:
UK_Seahawk":2yr5yp8z said:

That jab sure seems worth it, what with its nearly nonexistant benefit against Greek letters.

Well at least four clubs (SF, LA, Las Vegas, Kansas City) now have to deal with local mask mandates. So for those clubs, they won't be able to hold indoor meetings with anyone not masked. Weight room, all masked. The steam room, probably closed unless these munis deem them a "shower."

That was the carrot. The stick was what the league said about forfeiture. and less forced time off.

You want to fantasize about having Kirk Cousins or Lamar Jackson as your QB? Go ahead, they've both missed multiple practices in training camp. Oh, and Kirk got booted off some hospital thing he was helping with that no one knew about.

You think Russ is in the same situation, that Russ feels the same as you? I kinda doubt it and that's why we have that competitive advantage.