Josh Allen signs 6yr extension for 258million

chris98251

Reaction score
If Russell gets to the Super Bowl and Wins and wants 300 million this place will go Bonkers, hell he may ask for 300 million anyway.

Maulbert

Reaction score
$43m average. $3m more than Dakky. Allen is better than Prescott, but these dick-measuring QB contracts are getting absurd. Neither one has played long enough at a high level to be the highest paid QB in football.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
These 2 clowns are in it for the money and nothing else. I doubt their passion for the game. Matter of fact that goes for all NFL players. Do you actually think if these 2 finish 4-12 that they are gonna really give a crap, nope.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
I do believe the League now as a monster of their own making on their hands when it comes to QB contracts. They have quite literally changed the rules of the game to the point that you simply cannot be competitive without an at least above average QB. There are no more Trent Dilfer led super bowl teams, because they have tied the defenses hands so greatly, you just can't get there that way without a serious amount of luck. This is the result. QBs who aren't even necessarily in the top 5 in the game are demanding that kind of money. It feels like the model has to reach a breaking point somewhere, but not sure what the ceiling is without rule changes to put some more value back in the other positions.

Fade

Reaction score
Some NFL teams are starting to adjust and are moving to 2 QB systems, and as more running QBs become a thing, teams might go with drafting a QB every year to keep costs down. The mobile/running types can get by with staring down their first read, if it's not there -> run. And if organizations are committed to not paying QBs, they can run 'em into the ground so to speak, as they have no plans to keep them long term, anyway.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
NFL player salaries continue to outpace everything else. Wish the compensation for my job would double every 5 years.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
hawks85":21mck2q4 said:
These 2 clowns are in it for the money and nothing else. I doubt their passion for the game. Matter of fact that goes for all NFL players. Do you actually think if these 2 finish 4-12 that they are gonna really give a crap, nope.

You just might be 100% correct in your hypothesis. You're also a liar if you say you wouldn't ask for the maximum market rate from your employer at each and every review. Or not too smart.

Somos doces

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3um91hjv said:
NFL player salaries continue to outpace everything else. Wish the compensation for my job would double every 5 years.
If you and I could do something fewer than a dozen or so people in the world are able to do, our rate of compensation likely would reflect that.

Nice avatar, btw. :irishdrinkers: