Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Regarding our lack of success with first round picks, we don't always have the luxury of top 10 picks every year but look at Jordyn Brooks. Dude is a freak as is Darrell Taylor pick 48 early second rounder. Pettis and Hurd are 2 embarrassing busts though. Why'd you pick those guys?
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:1st rounder starter major contributor.

    2nd rounder major contributor work into a starter
    3rd rounder pretty much the same but lower expectations
    4th rounder thru 5th a contributor that may play special teams or a situational back up someone that could potentially work up to a starter or a major back up. Again the lower expectations to the lower the player selected.

    So when people say a bust they need to be aware of what is expected of a player when he is drafted typically.

    If a player exceeds expectations like a 2nd or 3rd rounder as a major contributor they are not busts out of the first rounds.


    I mean, I get it...

    ...but Aiyuk WAS a starter and major contributor last season. Its been ONE game into year 2 and he's had a hamstring issue.

    I mean...lets be real for a sec....what was the last real impact player the Seahawks took in round one? I don't mean to attack, but really seems like you guys hold Niner management to a different standard.

    Lynch also draft Kittle, Warner, Greenlaw, Samuel and even one of YOUR corners, DJ Reed. Don't know what it is, but really think Niners should stock up on 5th round picks, Kittle, Reed, Greenlaw, and even this year Lenoir....they do well in that round.


    I was just stating what average perceptions are by round, I don't qualify Aiyuk a bust, first last season without OTA's and practice being screwed up messed with a lot of the orientation and coaching of Rookies, secondly Rookies have to break thru, he got in the rotation and these days that's what a lot of teams do till someone just flat out can't be kept off the field.

    He was more then just a guy, 7 TD's and 750 yards or so and 60 receptions I think I read, that's not a bust. Oh and many players have hamstring and ankle issues off and on.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37427
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.



  • ArlosSpecial wrote:Regarding our lack of success with first round picks, we don't always have the luxury of top 10 picks every year but look at Jordyn Brooks. Dude is a freak as is Darrell Taylor pick 48 early second rounder. Pettis and Hurd are 2 embarrassing busts though. Why'd you pick those guys?


    …..so you just name two of the best Seahawks picks, compare to two of the worst Niner picks and then just ignore all the other picks altogether?

    Pettis was a bust. No question. Hurd certainly looks that way. However they’ve also taken some of their best players in Warner, Kittle, Deebo and several others.

    Hell, Elijah Mitchell just became the first rookie EVER drafted on day three to post over 100 yards in week 1. Deommodore Lenore allowed 3 yards in 55 coverage snaps.

    Stop cherry picking.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:https://twitter.com/pff_fantasy/status/1438199428301537282?s=21
    Ouch


    Ugh. Read the entire Shanahan quote please. He was referring to Aiyuk being inconsistent due to being in and out of practice due to injury and Trent Sherfield being the star of camp.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:https://twitter.com/pff_fantasy/status/1438199428301537282?s=21
    Ouch


    Ugh. Read the entire Shanahan quote please. He was referring to Aiyuk being inconsistent due to being in and out of practice due to injury and Trent Sherfield being the star of camp.

    I did. Sherfield apparently is a much better option as a number 2 receiver. That's what makes your coach a very good one. He doesn't give a rats ass where a guy is drafted he'll play the guy with better productivity just like Pete does. John Lynch is another story. I don't doubt you have a good football team but the way you guys get injured needs looking into by congress. In any other division you would have a higher playoff seed but as it stands now you might be lucky to snag a 7. This is our year for another Lombardi.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:https://twitter.com/pff_fantasy/status/1438199428301537282?s=21
    Ouch


    Ugh. Read the entire Shanahan quote please. He was referring to Aiyuk being inconsistent due to being in and out of practice due to injury and Trent Sherfield being the star of camp.

    I did. Sherfield apparently is a much better option as a number 2 receiver. That's what makes your coach a very good one. He doesn't give a rats ass where a guy is drafted he'll play the guy with better productivity just like Pete does. John Lynch is another story. I don't doubt you have a good football team but the way you guys get injured needs looking into by congress. In any other division you would have a higher playoff seed but as it stands now you might be lucky to snag a 7. This is our year for another Lombardi.


    That's....not what he said.

    He said that Aiyuk has been injured and in and out of the lineup. As such, he's been inconsistent in practice due to missing time.

    As for Sherfield, tight now he's found money. guy has been awesome in camp. Larry Fitzgerald loves him.

    https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09/06/larry-fitzgerald-cant-wait-for-rest-of-nfl-to-see-49ers-trent-sherfield/
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:https://twitter.com/pff_fantasy/status/1438199428301537282?s=21
    Ouch


    Ugh. Read the entire Shanahan quote please. He was referring to Aiyuk being inconsistent due to being in and out of practice due to injury and Trent Sherfield being the star of camp.

    I did. Sherfield apparently is a much better option as a number 2 receiver. That's what makes your coach a very good one. He doesn't give a rats ass where a guy is drafted he'll play the guy with better productivity just like Pete does. John Lynch is another story. I don't doubt you have a good football team but the way you guys get injured needs looking into by congress. In any other division you would have a higher playoff seed but as it stands now you might be lucky to snag a 7. This is our year for another Lombardi.


    That's....not what he said.

    He said that Aiyuk has been injured and in and out of the lineup. As such, he's been inconsistent in practice due to missing time.

    As for Sherfield, tight now he's found money. guy has been awesome in camp. Larry Fitzgerald loves him.

    https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/09/06/larry-fitzgerald-cant-wait-for-rest-of-nfl-to-see-49ers-trent-sherfield/

    Sherfield is flat out better. Aiyuk wouldn't be WR1 on any team in the league. The draft pick was a reach for a first rounder. It wasn't a reg flags everywhere like Reuben Foster but it was still a reach. I had Aiyuk going mid 3rd round
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • Grant Cohn is a genius and frankly the only non biased analyst that cover the 49ers. Kyle knows he can't rely on Jimmy's arm to ever come back from a deficit and you don't get to play the Lions every week. When you lose you'll say "If we had such and such healthy we would've won". lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:Grant Cohn is a genius and frankly the only non biased analyst that cover the 49ers. Kyle knows he can't rely on Jimmy's arm to ever come back from a deficit and you don't get to play the Lions every week. When you lose you'll say "If we had such and such healthy we would've won". lol


    He's biased alright. Just not the same type of bias as the other 49er reporters.....

    And for the record that Tim Kawakami was hard AF on Harbaugh....

    As for Cohn, a lot of 49ers hate him and his father, and yet I happen to know his neighbors by freak coincidence and they can't say nicer things about them. Clearly their real life and media personalities diverge quite a bit.......Simon Cowell these guys are not.

    Not many NFL QBs can come back from a deficit. So not a huge indictment on Jimmy.

    Although not many teams beat Drew Brees scoring 46 points in the Superdome either....
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1965
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm




  • Where's the proof? LOL.

    And btw, is that Seth Wickersham tell all article a few years back about the Seahawks accurate in the least bit?

    You know, the article that just feels more true over time. :D

    Bottom line, all that matters is if Lance is good or not. If he's good enough to get it done, then it was worth it. If not, it fails, but not going for it is the biggest fail.

    Shanahan is not on a 30 year program to get a QB, so if it had to be this year, that's what was needed.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1965
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Also regarding possible turnovers , Jimmy is prone to throwing bone headed ints as well.



    It feels like Lynch force fed Jimmy G down everyone's throat because he jumped to sign him to such a ludicrous deal without first learning his limitations. What are Jimmy's limitations? Where do I start. Blind as a bat and doesn't see the field. Wobbly off target balls. Turnover machine. Can't throw well past 4 yards. Can't run and doesn't know how to slide but he's good with the hand offs and shovel passes. He's making 27 mil against the cap and your roster isn't all that great. Ranked dead last in fact by ESPN and Fox. None of that matters obviously if you run 80/20 lol Still......How do you give a guy $139 mil for 8 short passes per game. Tim Tebow could do that for the league minimum and run better


    Not all of this is true.

    Throws great short and intermediate between the #s, at top 10 level. Faster release than most.

    If his outside the #s and overall deep ball were better, he'd be definite franchise QB.

    Clear over the top bias. You must fight all the guys in the Hawk forum that question Russell Wilson not being God QB with cleats. :D

    Wilson still hasn't made a SB without a #1 defense. Jimmy G might luck into that one day in this league, but definitely not 3-4 years in a row.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1965
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    PROJECT. :shock: I'd be mortified to start him, both Kurt & Kyle agree.

    He left a lot out too, he has no feel for the rush and didn't bother to show any of those plays where he displayed such. Pressed for time probably. This breakdown could've easily been 30 mins. Kurt was being nice.


    OMG that’s hilarious.

    Kurt Warner does a 2 parter on Lance: One positive and one negative.

    Stunner.

    You only quote the second one. Lol.


    And these guys wonder why I rag on Wilson so much.

    I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

    A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

    Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

    So they'll have that bragging point. But the honest ones know what's up.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1965
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:06 pm


  • NINEster wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    PROJECT. :shock: I'd be mortified to start him, both Kurt & Kyle agree.

    He left a lot out too, he has no feel for the rush and didn't bother to show any of those plays where he displayed such. Pressed for time probably. This breakdown could've easily been 30 mins. Kurt was being nice.


    OMG that’s hilarious.

    Kurt Warner does a 2 parter on Lance: One positive and one negative.

    Stunner.

    You only quote the second one. Lol.


    And these guys wonder why I rag on Wilson so much.

    I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

    A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

    Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

    So they'll have that bragging point. But the honest ones know what's up.

    OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
    "We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

    Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    PROJECT. :shock: I'd be mortified to start him, both Kurt & Kyle agree.

    He left a lot out too, he has no feel for the rush and didn't bother to show any of those plays where he displayed such. Pressed for time probably. This breakdown could've easily been 30 mins. Kurt was being nice.


    OMG that’s hilarious.

    Kurt Warner does a 2 parter on Lance: One positive and one negative.

    Stunner.

    You only quote the second one. Lol.


    And these guys wonder why I rag on Wilson so much.

    I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

    A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

    Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

    So they'll have that bragging point. But the honest ones know what's up.

    OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
    "We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

    Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol


    Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

    I dream of the day he retires. :)

    I hate the Seahawks, but i'm not gonna let homerism blind me to what's real.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    OMG that’s hilarious.

    Kurt Warner does a 2 parter on Lance: One positive and one negative.

    Stunner.

    You only quote the second one. Lol.


    And these guys wonder why I rag on Wilson so much.

    I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

    A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

    Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

    So they'll have that bragging point. But the honest ones know what's up.

    OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
    "We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

    Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol


    Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

    I dream of the day he retires. :)

    I hate the Seahawks, but i'm not gonna let homerism blind me to what's real.

    I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    And these guys wonder why I rag on Wilson so much.

    I'd probably leave it at "a top 5 QB", but because of the constant negative fixation on all Niner QBs, I've invested my Ph.D. in studying "3".

    A really good regular season QB, but lives up to his 3rd round billing in the postseason post Malcolm Butler.

    Slightly better defense and run game is why they have the chip and the Niners don't in the past decade.

    So they'll have that bragging point. But the honest ones know what's up.

    OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
    "We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

    Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol


    Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

    I dream of the day he retires. :)

    I hate the Seahawks, but i'm not gonna let homerism blind me to what's real.

    I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol


    117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:OK I'll be like 49er fans just to sound ridiculous......"We were missing 8 starters on defense in the Dallas playoff game and still played them to a 4 point nail biter"
    "We had Travis Homer as our only RB in the Packer loss and still played a nail biter"

    Other than that he's won 9 playoff games in 9 years including a chip. You probably think Russ starts out hot every year too right? That's the current narrative when in fact he normally doesn't catch fire til late Oct early Nov. lol


    Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

    I dream of the day he retires. :)

    I hate the Seahawks, but i'm not gonna let homerism blind me to what's real.

    I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol


    117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.

    Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Just for the record, I have not and will not say a bad thing about Russ. Dudes baller top 5 QB and has been a thorn in the side in the Niners for years. One of the best deep ball passers I've ever seen.

    I dream of the day he retires. :)

    I hate the Seahawks, but i'm not gonna let homerism blind me to what's real.

    I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol


    117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.

    Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust


    Thanks for proving my point.

    P.S. 2-0
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Marvin has a lot of anger in his heart, and too much time on his hands. Don't encourage him, he's embarrassed himself enough already.

    JimmyG is a mostly good, but can't stay healthy, hot B+ QB. Nothing to be ashamed about. He sure is easy on the eyes tho, which I'm sure the NFL Entertainment Complex appreciates esp in a market like SF. See also formally: Saleh. More close-ups please!

    And yeah, the Nooners haven't wont the SB in 26 years, so that is literally a generation ago. But keep referencing it ad nausea, that will surely help your return to glory. Half of the current roster wasn't even born then.

    Remember when the Seattle Metropolitans won the Stanley Cup? In 1917? I'm never going to let that go, ever. LOLZ.

    1GoldenPuck is my new handle.
    AubHawk71
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 314
    Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:46 pm


  • Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:I dream 2 weeks will hurry up and get here. You're getting your asses kicked and even YOU know it will happen lol


    117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.

    Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust


    Thanks for proving my point.

    P.S. 2-0

    This thread is about first round busts for the 49ers in general. Specifically Trey Lance but I'll give the kid a fair shake at least. Aiyuk on the other hand has had 3 years to prove himself and so far he's a first round bust.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    117 post and a lot about the 9ers. Wow dude you got it bad.

    Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust


    Thanks for proving my point.

    P.S. 2-0

    This thread is about first round busts for the 49ers in general. Specifically Trey Lance but I'll give the kid a fair shake at least. Aiyuk on the other hand has had 3 years to prove himself and so far he's a first round bust.


    Bro….just stop posting. You are lost.

    1) Thread was about 49ers supposedly screwing up QB position.
    2) Its week three of Aiyuks SECOND season. Not “3 years”. He’s played 14 carrier games and has over 800 combined yards and 7 TDs.

    Bro. What on gods green earth are you babbling about?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:Aiyuk had one catch and one drop for 6 yards last week. Bust


    Thanks for proving my point.

    P.S. 2-0

    This thread is about first round busts for the 49ers in general. Specifically Trey Lance but I'll give the kid a fair shake at least. Aiyuk on the other hand has had 3 years to prove himself and so far he's a first round bust.


    Bro….just stop posting. You are lost.

    1) Thread was about 49ers supposedly screwing up QB position.
    2) Its week three of Aiyuks SECOND season. Not “3 years”. He’s played 14 carrier games and has over 800 combined yards and 7 TDs.

    Bro. What on gods green earth are you babbling about?


    This clown doesn't know football. Where's the other clown that was talking smack about Detroit putting up 33 on the 9ers D?

    0-2 Vikings carved up their D and put up 30. At least 9ers beat Detroit
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Santa Clara didn't botch the QB position in 2021. San Francisco botched the QB position in 2005.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3393
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


  • Threedee wrote:Santa Clara didn't botch the QB position in 2021. San Francisco botched the QB position in 2005.


    Sigh.

    He was in their own damn backyard at Cal and WANTED to be a 49er. He was the guy I wanted too. They did take Gore in the third round tho.

    Worst part to me? The OC in SF that year who helped pick Alex Smith over him? Mike McCarthy.

    Niners did it in 2000 as well with another QB who wanted to play for SF but ended up in NE instead. Took Giovanni Carmazzi. That #12 from Michigan (#10 while in school) turned out OK.

    I love Bill Walsh, but the man wasn't infallible.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


  • Going back to the original hypothesis that the 49ers botched the QB position, how is that turning out? Rookie QBs not looking so hot in their starts, perhaps it is better to sit behind a veteran and learn? Maybe Kyle actually was being purposeful in having Trey not thrown in with the ones during camp and have high unattainable expectations.

    Week to week Trey is running scout team and learning as he goes. Perfect in my mind.

    Trey has looked great in the few attempts he has had in goaline situations.

    Garoppolo although not lighting the world on fire has been very serviceable and a mid tier QB with a 67% completion percentage, 4 :1 TD ratio , 2-1 record and a 101.4 QB rating. Overpaid, yes, but productive. He is what he is, a QB that knows the system well, has limitations, but wins games. He had them in a position to win Sunday, but coaching, defense, and clock management blew it.

    Looks like the only "botching" that was done was by wishful Seahawks fans!

    No one is taking "the fall" for this because there is no fall. :2thumbs:
    94Smith
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 454
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


  • 94Smith wrote:Going back to the original hypothesis that the 49ers botched the QB position, how is that turning out? Rookie QBs not looking so hot in their starts, perhaps it is better to sit behind a veteran and learn? Maybe Kyle actually was being purposeful in having Trey not thrown in with the ones during camp and have high unattainable expectations.

    Week to week Trey is running scout team and learning as he goes. Perfect in my mind.

    Trey has looked great in the few attempts he has had in goaline situations.

    Garoppolo although not lighting the world on fire has been very serviceable and a mid tier QB with a 67% completion percentage, 4 :1 TD ratio , 2-1 record and a 101.4 QB rating. Overpaid, yes, but productive. He is what he is, a QB that knows the system well, has limitations, but wins games. He had them in a position to win Sunday, but coaching, defense, and clock management blew it.

    Looks like the only "botching" that was done was by wishful Seahawks fans!

    No one is taking "the fall" for this because there is no fall. :2thumbs:


    Considering the amount of injured running backs and wr corp, I think Jimmy is do as good as anyone can expect under the circumstances.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • 94Smith wrote:Going back to the original hypothesis that the 49ers botched the QB position, how is that turning out? Rookie QBs not looking so hot in their starts, perhaps it is better to sit behind a veteran and learn? Maybe Kyle actually was being purposeful in having Trey not thrown in with the ones during camp and have high unattainable expectations.

    Week to week Trey is running scout team and learning as he goes. Perfect in my mind.

    Trey has looked great in the few attempts he has had in goaline situations.

    Garoppolo although not lighting the world on fire has been very serviceable and a mid tier QB with a 67% completion percentage, 4 :1 TD ratio , 2-1 record and a 101.4 QB rating. Overpaid, yes, but productive. He is what he is, a QB that knows the system well, has limitations, but wins games. He had them in a position to win Sunday, but coaching, defense, and clock management blew it.

    Looks like the only "botching" that was done was by wishful Seahawks fans!

    No one is taking "the fall" for this because there is no fall. :2thumbs:


    Jimmy is a stop gap and impeding the development of Lance. He has no long-term future with the team.

    Lance is currently being used like Taysom Hill.

    What you're seeing around the league with rookie QBs is Lance next year, only delaying the inevitable. Lance only started 17 games in college, and played in 1 game last year. He needs real reps reading NFL defenses, being the trigger man.

    Realistic hypothetical: The Niners finish with a losing record this year, Trey plays bad next year in his first full year starting. Kyle would then have a losing record in 5 of 6 seasons. Someone's head is going to roll.
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


  • Fade wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Going back to the original hypothesis that the 49ers botched the QB position, how is that turning out? Rookie QBs not looking so hot in their starts, perhaps it is better to sit behind a veteran and learn? Maybe Kyle actually was being purposeful in having Trey not thrown in with the ones during camp and have high unattainable expectations.

    Week to week Trey is running scout team and learning as he goes. Perfect in my mind.

    Trey has looked great in the few attempts he has had in goaline situations.

    Garoppolo although not lighting the world on fire has been very serviceable and a mid tier QB with a 67% completion percentage, 4 :1 TD ratio , 2-1 record and a 101.4 QB rating. Overpaid, yes, but productive. He is what he is, a QB that knows the system well, has limitations, but wins games. He had them in a position to win Sunday, but coaching, defense, and clock management blew it.

    Looks like the only "botching" that was done was by wishful Seahawks fans!

    No one is taking "the fall" for this because there is no fall. :2thumbs:


    Jimmy is a stop gap and impeding the development of Lance. He has no long-term future with the team.

    Lance is currently being used like Taysom Hill.

    What you're seeing around the league with rookie QBs is Lance next year, only delaying the inevitable. Lance only started 17 games in college, and played in 1 game last year. He needs real reps reading NFL defenses, being the trigger man.

    Realistic hypothetical: The Niners finish with a losing record this year, Trey plays bad next year in his first full year starting. Kyle would then have a losing record in 5 of 6 seasons. Someone's head is going to roll.


    This is utter $h!t. Look at Mahomes.

    Take off your blue and green glasses.
    Last edited by Washington49er on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so
    94Smith
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 454
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


  • 94Smith wrote:Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so


    Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Washington49er wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so


    Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr

    Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so


    Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr

    Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol


    1-2 Seahawks with their vaunted defense coming up next I guess.
    94Smith
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 454
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so


    Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr

    Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol


    Dude its hard to even take you seriously.

    I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so


    Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr

    Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol


    Dude its hard to even take you seriously.

    I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.

    You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Last thing 9ers need is another David Karr

    Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol


    Dude its hard to even take you seriously.

    I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.

    You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.


    "Butthole", what are you like 12? Mommy just get you your first computer.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:Well you got Kaep 2.0 with Lance. And Jimmy isn't going to beat many teams not named the Lions or Eagles but deep down inside you already know that lol


    Dude its hard to even take you seriously.

    I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.

    You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.


    "Butthole", what are you like 12? Mommy just get you your first computer.


    You can claim him we have him in the Lost and Found area.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37427
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Dude its hard to even take you seriously.

    I have a kid on my crew that just started watching football two seasons ago and he knows more about football than you.

    You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.


    "Butthole", what are you like 12? Mommy just get you your first computer.


    You can claim him we have him in the Lost and Found area.


    Lol
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Washington49er wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:You're in a Seahawk forum butthole....the fact that you take anyone at all seriously in here is a testament to your lack of IQ. And tell the kid on your landscaping crew kudos.


    "Butthole", what are you like 12? Mommy just get you your first computer.


    You can claim him we have him in the Lost and Found area.


    Lol

    From a intellectual who calls everyone “butt hurt” all the time. You are lame…
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 731
    Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 pm


  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    "Butthole", what are you like 12? Mommy just get you your first computer.


    You can claim him we have him in the Lost and Found area.


    Lol

    From a intellectual who calls everyone “butt hurt” all the time. You are lame…


    If you can't see the difference I can't help you.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Everyone: Take the name calling to the Smack Shack.
    Back on topic please.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36484
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Sports Hernia wrote:Everyone: Take the name calling to the Smack Shack.
    Back on topic please.


    Thats what I said, the Lost and Found Area :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37427
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Everyone: Take the name calling to the Smack Shack.
    Back on topic please.


    Thats what I said, the Lost and Found Area :)

    Fair enough man. Can I say butt hole in the smack shack? Love it in there lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Everyone: Take the name calling to the Smack Shack.
    Back on topic please.


    Thats what I said, the Lost and Found Area :)

    Fair enough man. Can I say butt hole in the smack shack? Love it in there lol


    Yes, you can say poopy face and cooties too.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3273
    Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:54 pm


  • Imagine if John Lynch had no pride and signed Brady last year. They'd be questing for 7 if not 8. Thank God for front office morons like Lynch. A super bowl caliber roster with a guy worse than Tubisky at quarterback lol Dude should've stuck to broadcasting after hanging up the cleats.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • Imagine if a defensive minded coach could actually field a competitive defense. The Seahawks wouldn't be wasting the career of a hall of fame quality QB with only one Superbowl. What's Schneider's and Carroll's excuse?
    94Smith
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 454
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 am


  • 94Smith wrote:Imagine if a defensive minded coach could actually field a competitive defense. The Seahawks wouldn't be wasting the career of a hall of fame quality QB with only one Superbowl. What's Schneider's and Carroll's excuse?

    It isn't a waste he's won a chip. He'll have the same problem everywhere he plays due to his price tag. I'm actually looking forward to the rebuild due to the fact that we'll get a King's ransom for Russ if he wants to leave. I love me some Wilson but I was a Hawk fan before he came and I'll be a Hawk fan after he leaves if Ciara chooses a trade in the offseason.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Threedee wrote:Santa Clara didn't botch the QB position in 2021. San Francisco botched the QB position in 2005.


    Sigh.

    He was in their own damn backyard at Cal and WANTED to be a 49er. He was the guy I wanted too. They did take Gore in the third round tho.

    Worst part to me? The OC in SF that year who helped pick Alex Smith over him? Mike McCarthy.

    Niners did it in 2000 as well with another QB who wanted to play for SF but ended up in NE instead. Took Giovanni Carmazzi. That #12 from Michigan (#10 while in school) turned out OK.

    I love Bill Walsh, but the man wasn't infallible.


    See, there's no way a buffoon like McCarthy could have won a SB in 2010, unless his incompetence in 2005 set him up for it!

    I'm also grateful that Pittsburgh didn't draft Dan Marino out of Pittsburgh in 1983.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3393
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


  • 94Smith wrote:Lance is getting reps every week against NFL defenses in practice. He runs the scout team as well as getting reps ready to step in if Jimmy gets injured. These are invaluable. If they turned him to the wolves he could very well have a 9 sack performance like Fields did. When QBs have games like that they develop bad habits to compensate when their minds are swimming with too much information.

    Heck I'd love to see him sit for another year with Jimmy starting again if they could afford to do so


    We talkin' 'bout practice?! LOL. Live bullets with full contact is a little bit different than practice, bud.

    Mahomes had 2000 throws in college. Lance had 300 throws in college… 2 seasons ago. LMAO. He's sat enough already, but do please sit him some more.

    Jake Locker sat too, that worked out. Outside of Rodgers and Mahomes no other QB that didn't start multiple games in their first season became something at QB in the last 20 years FYI.

    Kyle is playing politics this year to make sure Lynch gets the blame. By holding Lance out he can delay the axe falling on his own head.
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3510
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


  • I feel like Jimmy G's career could culminate on Sunday with another shaky wobbly performance resulting in a L for the 69ers. Their fans are gonna string him up by his ankles after the game and demand change lol Put in the gadget guy :P
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests