Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 49ers Really Botched The QB Spot This Year

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    So I wanted to try a little experiment.

Name the QB from their first NFL Start....

13-19, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 26 carries, 119 yards rushing
    18-34, 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 carries, 20 yards rushing
    6-15, 74 yards, 0TDs, 0 INT, 4 carries, 26 yards rushing
    15-29, 192 yards, 0TDs, 1 INT, 16 carries, 89 yards rushing
    23-45, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 2 carries, 9 yards rushing
    16-27, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10 carries, 60 yards rushing
    12-23, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1INT, 2 carries, 16 yards rushing

The point I'm making is not that Trey will be a superstar. I'm simply making the point about how dumb it is to draw conclusions on a QB in his first career start in his rookie season.

Guy is already hurt. He won’t be a superstar, because he will be to beat up.

Wasn't even close to an answer to the question I asked.

His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. $h!t was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:
    Dude needs to learn how to live to play another down and slide or he won't have a career period
    As to those stats you posted it doesn't matter because most came into a dumpster fire. The 49ers still have a playoff caliber defense but by the time Lance is ready that could be like 4 years down the road, the defense will have run it's course. He isn't ready now and with his funky motion and smaller hand size I can't even picture him changing all that. He stinks like $h!t dawg

Lol.

I’ll give you a hint. One of them is Russell Wilson. Lol.

Judging a QB in his first start is simply ludicrous.

…..but please, troll on. It’s all that you are good at.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• 2nd down is Russ
    notyou
    NET Starter

• Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    Guy is already hurt. He won’t be a superstar, because he will be to beat up.

His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. $h!t was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:
    Dude needs to learn how to live to play another down and slide or he won't have a career period
    As to those stats you posted it doesn't matter because most came into a dumpster fire. The 49ers still have a playoff caliber defense but by the time Lance is ready that could be like 4 years down the road, the defense will have run it's course. He isn't ready now and with his funky motion and smaller hand size I can't even picture him changing all that. He stinks like $h!t dawg

Lol.

But all those dudes know how to throw a spiral guy
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Lol.

Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote: His neck got permanently shortened 3 inches by that head first eyes to the ground dumb injury risk dive that got stuffed. $h!t was embarrassing to watch I had 2 reactions. I cringed and then I smiled :49ersmall: :0190l:

Lol.

Oh look he has a DK Metcalf Doll.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Lol.

Oh look he has a DK Metcalf Doll.

He's a closet Hawk.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• Just in case you guys were curious....

Lamar Jackson: 13-19, 150 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 26 carries, 119 yards rushing
    Russell WIlson: 18-34, 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 8 carries, 20 yards rushing
    Josh Allen: 6-15, 74 yards, 0TDs, 0 INT, 4 carries, 26 yards rushing
    Trey Lance: 15-29, 192 yards, 0TDs, 1 INT, 16 carries, 89 yards rushing
    Andrew Luck: 23-45, 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 2 carries, 9 yards rushing
    Steve Young: 16-27, 167 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 10 carries, 60 yards rushing
    Deshaun Watson: 12-23, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1INT, 2 carries, 16 yards rushing
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• What about Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch and Jamarcus Russell? Were their numbers similar to Trey "Kaep 2.0" Lance?
    I honestly don't know didn't look it up
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• FYI Arlos, you are officially on my ignore list. :lol:
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:Just in case you guys were curious....

Hopefully the kid gets to step back when Jimmy Ho gets back and can evaluate what he has experienced and get better and some more coaching, sample size experience should not develop bad habits. But he has got some trial by fire reps and knows what he has to step up to now.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I wish they would play him under center more, with play action. He did quite a bit of that in SD. I am worried. His delivery and accuracy is scary. I am glad Jimmy is coming back. I really think if 10 was under center we would have won one of the last two games.
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• chris98251 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:Just in case you guys were curious....

Hopefully the kid gets to step back when Jimmy Ho gets back and can evaluate what he has experienced and get better and some more coaching, sample size experience should not develop bad habits. But he has got some trial by fire reps and knows what he has to step up to now.

Honestly that's why I never took issue with them keeping Jimmy.

I kept readin stuff like "you don't use three first round picks to leave a guy on the bench" as if that was written on biblical text or something.

CLEARLY, they did exactly that.

And now we see the rook isn't ready, which has been clear from the start and as Shanahan has been saying ALL ALONG.

There is a part of me that would like to see Lance start the rest of the season. A big part. However, I also don't want to ruin him putting him in there before he's ready.

I guess you could say I'm of two minds on it right now.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• 94Smith wrote:I wish they would play him under center more, with play action. He did quite a bit of that in SD. I am worried. His delivery and accuracy is scary. I am glad Jimmy is coming back. I really think if 10 was under center we would have won one of the last two games.

I do too, but according to Shanahan, being under center in many instances removes him as a run threat. It not just about him actually running...but the THREAT of him running that opens space.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• He may be a greater rushing threat in the pistol but his weakness as a passer diminishes that rushing threat, (as demonstrated towards the end of the Cardinals game). The 49ers should be taking away his scrambling safety blanket and forcing him to develop as a passer. Obviously this should be done on the training field and NOT in NFL games. He shouldn't play in 2021. I wish him well but i'd be really worried if I was a 49ers fan. I'm not convinced he'll be ready for 2022, in which case the 49ers may have to keep Garoppolo for another season. It's still early and the 49ers can delay making a decision about Garoppolo until 2022 preseason ends.
    flv
    NET Rookie

• The play calling was sabotage E.

The early script was a lot of empty and a lot of Lance throwing. It seems like you would want to insulate him with a running game, under center, and protect the green QB. To add on to this they were running things like QB Power, QB draw,, in the middle of the field, on 1st down, not at the goal line. Who does this?

What I think is going on here is management wants Kyle to play the rookie. Kyle is trying to prove a point and say look, he isn't ready. That's the only way that gameplan makes any sense in his first start.

Kyle is right, he isn't ready, but he didn't need to do him like that.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:The play calling was sabotage E.

The early script was a lot of empty and a lot of Lance throwing. It seems like you would want to insulate him with a running game, under center, and protect the green QB. To add on to this they were running things like QB Power, QB draw,, in the middle of the field, on 1st down, not at the goal line. Who does this?

What I think is going on here is management wants Kyle to play the rookie. Kyle is trying to prove a point and say look, he isn't ready. That's the only way that gameplan makes any sense in his first start.

Do him like what? We all thought his strengths were his athletic ability. Kyle called plays that would cater to his strength which is creating plays we thought. Boy were we wrong..... he isn't ready now and by the looks of it he may never be ready at this level. This isn't North Dakota State where you can look good against a bunch of slow white dudes this is the big boy league. Lynch built a ten minute super bowl window and you got your fudge packed by the league's worst defense then Jimmy faked another injury like last year lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Fade wrote:The play calling was sabotage E.

Do him like what? We all thought his strengths were his athletic ability. Kyle called plays that would cater to his strength which is creating plays we thought. Boy were we wrong..... he isn't ready now and by the looks of it he may never be ready at this level. This isn't North Dakota State where you can look good against a bunch of slow white dudes this is the big boy league. Lynch built a ten minute super bowl window and you got your fudge packed by the league's worst defense then Jimmy faked another injury like last year lol

Wow you missed you calling. You have a gift for spewing BS. You got from one game Lance is a bust? Man how come you not a draft expert making millions setting teams up? Oh wait your just another armchair GM. On a serious subject, I agree with Fade about management wanting Trey to start and are forcing things. I read an article suggesting that Kyle still wanted Mac and now Kyle has lost interest in this team because he is being told who he has to play and has very little say. I’m not saying I buy it but is a possibility. But then again who knows we’re not in the room.

I do know one thing, Trey needs a ton of work and is not ready to be a every down QB. He is a great athlete just not a QB yet per Steve Young, which I agree with.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:

I guess he wasn't injured after all he had a boo boo on his leg. He's a wussy. The thing is he fakes an injury almost every year. Aside from that is the fact that Trey Lance was a horrible pick by Lynch. John Lynch has the biggest ego in that front office he's already trying to place blame on the scouting. SF will continue to waste away their above average defense on FCS quarterback play from Jimmy Wobbleoppolo or Lance
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I guess he wasn't injured after all he had a boo boo on his leg. He's a wussy. The thing is he fakes an injury almost every year. Aside from that is the fact that Trey Lance was a horrible pick by Lynch. John Lynch has the biggest ego in that front office he's already trying to place blame on the scouting. SF will continue to waste away their above average defense on FCS quarterback play from Jimmy Wobbleoppolo or Lance

I feel like I'm reading a 5th graders show and tell story with the immaturity of your posts. Wobbleoppolo? Where do you come up with this s---?
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

• Stud wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Jville wrote:

I feel like I'm reading a 5th graders show and tell story with the immaturity of your posts. Wobbleoppolo? Where do you come up with this s---?

Really? Because I feel like you created an account to troll. Weird :ditto:
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• I can't believe they paid Jimmy all that money. They could've e flipped him for a late round draft pick back in August. Too late.

Meanwhile Mac Jones put a 50 burger on the Jets. I know it's the Jets, but still.

Mac Jones and all those dreft picks + $25M in additional cap space looks awfully tantalizing right now.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:I can't believe they paid Jimmy all that money. They could've e flipped him for a late round draft pick back in August. Too late.

Meanwhile Mac Jones put a 50 burger on the Jets. I know it's the Jets, but still.

Mac Jones and all those dreft picks + $25M in additional cap space looks awfully tantalizing right now.

Incompetent FO. Whenever you have a hall of famer calling the shots with zero experience in the front office it'll show. Small SB window he had over $100 mil in cap space, a bunch of top 10 picks, Buckner and Breida and Sherm and then proceeded to trade away his best interior lineman for another bust in Kinlaw and then pick up a career backup and pay him top 5 QB money your team will fall apart.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

• ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Fade wrote:I can't believe they paid Jimmy all that money. They could've e flipped him for a late round draft pick back in August. Too late.

Incompetent FO. Whenever you have a hall of famer calling the shots with zero experience in the front office it'll show. Small SB window he had over $100 mil in cap space, a bunch of top 10 picks, Buckner and Breida and Sherm and then proceeded to trade away his best interior lineman for another bust in Kinlaw and then pick up a career backup and pay him top 5 QB money your team will fall apart.

I hate that I am doing this because 90% of the time your posts are moronic and limp. But I have to agree with you. I am also not sold at all on the duo of Lynch and Kyle. They need to go. Promote Adam Pete’s to GM and search for a coach. Dump Jimmy Glass for whatever bag of cookies you can get. Trade (bout to get blasted) Kittle for two firsts and rebuild that offense.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• 94Smith wrote:Both Lynch and Shanahan are safe. The fan base loves Kyle and Lynch has shown a lot of success in free agent aquisitions and overall draft picks. Also Lynch is loved by the media and it would be a PR mis step for Jed to "be Jed" :P

If Garoppolo is so bad, Lynch and Shanahan got the team to the superbowl despite his shortcomings. You as Seahawks fans can only claim one thing. Either Garoppolo is bad and Lynch and Shanahan are good, or Garoppolo is good and Lynch and Shanahan are bad. You see how it can't be both? How do you explain 2019 ?

Nah, man. The fanbase hates both Kyle and Lynch at this point.

Jimmy is terrible. Lynch & Kyle are bad, too.

I explained 2019 in the other thread that got locked. Maybe you will listen to me this time.

2019 was an outlier. They played the easiest schedule in the NFL, and a lot of injury prone cogs stayed healthy for a change. Outside of 2019 you're left with injury prone teams, that lose a lot under Kyle, the pattern had been established, but you didn't want to see the truth, instead chose to drink the :179422:.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Grant Cohn's video on this is hilarious.

A 2nd rd pick, and they said, "No"?
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information