Sony Michel

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seattles playing for 3rd in the West if SF doesnt crumble with injuries like the past year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope.

I heard the same crap before last season. They played for 1st place.....and won the division.
Doom and gloom didn't change that fact one bit. But do you.......

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
This is more they're not sold on Henderson or their rookies than Michel is going to come in and do big things. He hasn't exactly been dynamic in NE. There was talk the last two off-season's that he'd be a possible cut. I can't see being to concerned about a guy that amounts to second-string insurance.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1g05j7ip said:
Seattles playing for 3rd in the West if SF doesnt crumble with injuries like the past 2 years.

As you know, acquiring a backup RB pretty much makes up for losing a large portion of your defense every time. :roll:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1b8t88uh said:
Nope.

I heard the same crap before last season. They played for 1st place.....and won the division.

You mean last season when the 49ers crumbled with injuries and the Rams had Goff (who went on a revenge tour and beat the Seahawks with 4 fingers on his throwing hand, in the first round of the playoffs, in Seattle)?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3qp6jxia said:
pittpnthrs":3qp6jxia said:
Seattles playing for 3rd in the West if SF doesnt crumble with injuries like the past 2 years.

As you know, acquiring a backup RB pretty much makes up for losing a large portion of your defense every time. :roll:

Lol. Their defense is still going to be twice as good as Seattles. Seattle couldnt stop Akers last year and now they have more depth with Michel plus a legit QB. #3 in the division for the Hawks,,,book it. And thats hoping Murray and the Cards dont come together as they eventually will.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, even when your "team" wins the division, you make excuses for WHY they won.

Miserable way to pull for a football team. Again, do you. Maybe your Rams or Niners will win the division this year. Clearly, you would rather see the Hawks fail so you can say "see, I told you so"

Typical dot negative crap. Because winning has to look a certain way. :?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1rwoewci said:
SoulfishHawk":1rwoewci said:
Nope.

You mean last season when the 49ers crumbled with injuries and the Rams had Goff (who went on a revenge tour and beat the Seahawks with 4 fingers on his throwing hand, in the first round of the playoffs, in Seattle)?

I believe Pitt's current narrative as much or less than I believed his past public declaration that of the day of full auth, he'd be in the line for his shot at the latest Walgreens.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2inzvnom said:
Yep, even when your "team" wins the division, you make excuses for WHY they won.

Miserable way to pull for a football team. Again, do you. Maybe your Rams or Niners will win the division this year. Clearly, you would rather see the Hawks fail so you can say "see, I told you so"

Typical dot negative crap. Because winning has to look a certain way. :?

Not making excuses. Just telling you the reasons for why things happened.

Another season of the Seahawks with Pete Carroll at the helm means another season of no hope for winning a Super Bowl. If your still being fooled into thinking they have a shot, I feel sorry for you.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30nuzj1e said:
Just remember...... they suck, they have no shot, Russ sucks and Pete sucks.

There we go.........

Russ doesnt suck, but your right about the other two. When you learn to accept the reality of it all, the disappointment of losing doesnt sting as much.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why do watch then? If you think they have no shot? I'll go ahead and believe in my team.
Sorry I can't join you in your misery.
Go Hawks 24/7 365

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3m8kqp41 said:
Why do watch then? If you think they have no shot? I'll go ahead and believe in my team.
Go Hawks 24/7 365

I watch because like any other sport, its entertainment. Yeah it stinks knowing how the season is going to unfold before it even starts, but it is what it is with Pete and the Seahawks. You can keep on fooling yourself into believing they have a shot and i'll continue to lean towards reality in which I see them as they truly are, pretenders and not contenders.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":gjhl6fa3 said:
SoulfishHawk":gjhl6fa3 said:
Go Hawks 24/7 365

I watch because like any other sport, its entertainment. Yeah it stinks knowing how the season is going to unfold before it even starts, but it is what it is with Pete and the Seahawks. You can keep on fooling yourself into believing they have a shot and i'll continue to lean towards reality in which I see them as they truly are, pretenders and not contenders.

Must have been very disappointed when we won the Super Bowl, oh and that was under Pete. That year your predictions of doom and the end of Civilization fell flat, the good part is that every year 32 teams try to do it and your chances of being right are pretty good.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":2rznnsov said:
pittpnthrs":2rznnsov said:
SoulfishHawk":2rznnsov said:
Go Hawks 24/7 365

Must have been very disappointed when we won the Super Bowl, oh and that was under Pete. That year your predictions of doom and the end of Civilization fell flat, the good part is that every year 32 teams try to do it and your chances of being right are pretty good.

That was 8 years ago and with a team that could overcome Carrolls incompetence. He ended up losing the locker room the following year and pretty much crapped a dynasty away. Now, the team is stuck in third gear and can hardly get out of the 1st round of the post season. I would have hope too if I havent watched the team for the past 6 years. When you get the same results for that long, thats a pattern. There's no reason to believe the trend will turn out differently going forward.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nobody is forcing you to watch. I mean, why even play the games? It's clearly a foregone conclusion :irishdrinkers:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Foolish move by Belicheck. With Brady gone, we're beginning to see that most of the winning was due to Tom. Of course CBS says "Bill works magic once again." A 1st round RB with 5.7 YPC for a 5th and a 6th?

5.7 yards per rush? Only 79 attempts all year?

2020 season stats: ATT: 79 YDS: 449 TD: 1 AVG: 5.7

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_ ... ony-michel

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... chSo00.htm

In 28 starts over three seasons, Michel has rushed for 2,292 yards and 14 touchdowns.

In a 13-3 victory over the Rams in Super Bowl LIII, Michel rushed for 94 yards and scored the only touchdown of the game.

When asked what he remembered about his new teammate from the Super Bowl, defensive lineman Aaron Donald smirked. "I don't want to talk about it," he said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/320 ... geles-rams

Sony Michel trade grades: Bill Belichick works his magic again while Rams gain viable running back

the Rams sent the Patriots a fifth and a sixth-round pick that could convert to a fourth-round pick if the Rams receive a compensatory selection in that round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sony ... ning-back/