Minshew traded to Eagles

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
For a conditional sixth rounder. I think we should have been all over that, our QB depth is abysmal.

Spohawks

Reaction score
100% agree! They should have Dropped a 5th rounder for a local guy who has had some success and make a ton of people happy all at the same time. A 5th is cheap for a 2nd string QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1ylnfl6v said:
For a conditional sixth rounder. I think we should have been all over that, our QB depth is abysmal.
Absolutely we should have. Disappointed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Minshew might have wanted to go somewhere that he had a chance to start.

Wouldn't make any sense to throw resources at a QB who's not familiar with our offense, or our team when we've already invested so much in Geno.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":c1rdgtqp said:
Minshew might have wanted to go somewhere that he had a chance to start.

Wouldn't make any sense to throw resources at a QB who's not familiar with our offense, or our team when we've already invested so much in Geno.
True about Minshew wanting to start, not buying the Geno investment though as it’s a sunk cost.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
My mind is blown that they did not push harder to get him.

If Pete really does succeed in running off Wilson, which might happen if we fall short again, one of the few QBs that could still allow us to play PeteBall and win despite it is Minshew.

He doesn't have the long ball strength, but all the rest of the things that Pete tries to force his QB to do - he can pretty much do.

I am going to take this as a sign that Pete is going to do his best to keep Wilson and Wilson let him know he plans to stay to make it work? Otherwise, not moving on this makes no sense.

It makes the Eagles better. Still not sold on Hurts.

Geno Smith is not just terrible, he might be one of the worst QBs to ever wear a Seahawk uniform. Below Gelbaugh and McGwire quality....so not getting a backup is crazy. But whatever. If we keep Wilson it will not matter. If we don't, we will remember this moment vividly.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1pg5mblk said:
The rest of the league passed on the guy, not just the Hawks. It's an odd trade for the Eagles imo.

I wonder if they're thinking like the Saints a few years ago. Dual backups. Flacco for spot starts, and Minshew for extended play.