The Most Interesting Man I the NFL - Gardner Minshew

ivotuk

Reaction score

GARDNER MINSHEW: THE NFL QUARTERBACK EVERYONE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH

By Martin Rogers. FOX Sports Columnist
I

He’s also carved out a nice little niche for himself as a QB worth paying attention to, no matter where he is or what he’s doing. Having been drafted by the Jaguars in the sixth round in 2019, he stood in for the injured Nick Foles and then occupied the No. 1 spot last season before suffering a thumb fracture and ligament strain.

Jacksonville kept him on a tight tactical leash that suited him well and has resulted in some glitzy numbers. In 20 NFL starts, Minshew has 37 touchdowns against only 11 interceptions, a better ratio, albeit with a small sample size, than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott. The latter two of that group both make at least $40 million per year. Minshew will receive less than $1m this year and next. The price the Eagles had to pay for him? Nothing more tha

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/g ... tin-rogers

knownone

Reaction score
ivotuk":1p46gzkh said:

GARDNER MINSHEW: THE NFL QUARTERBACK EVERYONE WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH

By Martin Rogers. FOX Sports Columnist
I

He’s also carved out a nice little niche for himself as a QB worth paying attention to, no matter where he is or what he’s doing. Having been drafted by the Jaguars in the sixth round in 2019, he stood in for the injured Nick Foles and then occupied the No. 1 spot last season before suffering a thumb fracture and ligament strain.

Jacksonville kept him on a tight tactical leash that suited him well and has resulted in some glitzy numbers. In 20 NFL starts, Minshew has 37 touchdowns against only 11 interceptions, a better ratio, albeit with a small sample size, than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott. The latter two of that group both make at least $40 million per year. Minshew will receive less than $1m this year and next. The price the Eagles had to pay for him? Nothing more tha

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/g ... tin-rogers
Minshew reminds me of Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's a good leader and decision-maker, but he doesn't have the arm strength to make game-deciding throws consistently. Instead, he puts up good stats through decision-making and anticipation. Unfortunately, if the talent around him is not great, he's not capable of winning games on his own.

Still, I agree with the article's premise; Minshew is undervalued for what he provides to a team.