NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 2

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST the best division in football. Just a paragraph or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) LA RAMS (2-0)

The injuries are starting to pile up at runningback, so that could pose problems for them in the future. But in the end they still have a massive upgrade at QB, and Jalen Ramsey at CB. The other teams in the division are lacking at CB giving the Rams a huge advantage.

(2) AZ CARDINALS (2-0)

I posted earlier in this off-season that Murray could make a big leap in year 3 and tilt the scales, it looks like that may be the case. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, though. They have the mojo going right now.

(3) SF 49ERS (2-0)

Not necessarily wins over strong opponents in the first 2 games, but they held up extremely well on the outside despite their injuries at corner against Philly which I was impressed by. If they continue to play that well on the back end they might be able to have a winning record at the end of the year despite being the most injured team in the division every year.

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-1)

The Seahawks are trotting out a high school scheme on defense, it is utterly laughable if Pete thinks they can win anything this year playing a basic zone with 3 linebackers on the field. LBs consistently being matched up with WRs, dropping DEs into coverage, and when that predictably fails telegraph a blitz from Jamal Adams. Ha ha. Also failed to contain in the run game, gap integrity is suspect at best. Pete's good for 2 or 3 of these "How the hell did you lose the game up 2 scores in the 4th" a year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
49ers having issues at RB as well.

Mitchell was out for a bit and returned and Sermon got a head injury on his first career carry.

Ugly win for SF, but I gotta say Philly is no joke on the DL. Disrupted the Niner O for a long time before finally getting going on last drive of first half.

I'm not crowing anyone, but I'd probably put the Cards at #1 right now.

As for Seattle, losing sucks, but its a 17 game season and at least it was an out of conference loss so wouldn't have impact on tie-breakers.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mfp69xw said:

Mitchell was out for a bit and returned and Sermon got a head injury on his first career carry.

Ugly win for SF, but I gotta say Philly is no joke on the DL. Disrupted the Niner O for a long time before finally getting going on last drive of first half.

As for Seattle, losing sucks, but its a 17 game season and at least it was an out of conference loss so wouldn't have impact on tie-breakers.

Elaborating more…

The 49ers are deeper at runningback than the Rams. 1 more injury for the Rams at that spot and it will effect them big time. Sony Michel happens to be very injury prone as well.

Cardinals should've lost, the Minnesota kicker missed a chippy at the end of the game for the L, and also missed an extra point earlier that could've sent it to overtime at the very least.

Not really an ugly win for SF. They dominated running the ball, and shockingly on defense their corners held up and played well. I thought for sure Hurts and the Eagles were going to kill those guys on the outside and it was going to be a high scoring game.

Seattle has major scheme flaws on defense that have lingered for years under Ken Norton w/Pete Carroll babysitting. Wilson has to outscore teams if the Seahawks are to win against any team with a competent QB.

The Rams have talent at the positions where it really counts, and McVay right now might be the best coach in the league.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
1) Seahawks
2) Rams
3) AZ
4) Lions of the west
Again Seattle looked the best even in a loss and that's an unbiased take

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3ic7216r said:
1) Seahawks
2) Rams
3) AZ
4) Lions of the west

Three posts from this guy all slamming Niners after a Seattle loss.

Feels like someone is overcompensating.

You also might want to look up the word unbiased. I don’t think it means what you think it means. ;-)

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":3iazsq5e said:
ArlosSpecial":3iazsq5e said:
1) Seahawks
2) Rams
3) AZ
4) Lions of the west

You also might want to look up the word unbiased. I don’t think it means what you think it means. ;-)
As long as you look up the word delusional. The 49ers are a very bad football. team. I heard the Eags shot themselves in the foot like 40 times and they still almost won lol You'll be sole last place in 1 week. In 2 weeks you'll throw in the towel on the season. I guarantee it

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1w061w7l said:
Marvin49":1w061w7l said:
ArlosSpecial":1w061w7l said:
1) Seahawks
2) Rams
3) AZ
4) Lions of the west

As long as you look up the word delusional. The 49ers are a very bad football. team. I heard the Eags shot themselves in the foot like 40 times and they still almost won lol You'll be sole last place in 1 week. In 2 weeks you'll throw in the towel on the season. I guarantee it

Please, point out my delusional post. Last week I said they had the 4th best performance in the division and this week I said the Philly D-Line disrupted them for nearly a full half.

Seriously dude, detecting some serious misplaced anger.

I’d get that checked.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":3u7w3biq said:
ArlosSpecial":3u7w3biq said:
Marvin49":3u7w3biq said:
ArlosSpecial":3u7w3biq said:
1) Seahawks
2) Rams
3) AZ
4) Lions of the west

Please, point out my delusional post. Last week I said they had the 4th best performance in the division and this week I said the Philly D-Line disrupted them for nearly a full half.

I’d get that checked.
The delusion is you thinking the 49ers are above average my dude. They are ******* pitiful looking. I doubt y'all get 4 wins all year tbh. And it's a very very looooooooong season and you've already played the two 2 worst teams in the league. Look at your schedule now. No more college teams left on it lol

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
I heard Jimmy is dead last in the league in air yards among starting quarterbacks. He had like 8 yards through the air yesterday lol

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2rbfdk3b said:
I heard Jimmy is dead last in the league in air yards among starting quarterbacks. He had like 8 yards through the air yesterday lol

1) I don’t think that’s correct. Also, if true, who cares? 49er O is build on YAC. That’s the point. That’s why they have guys like Deebo and Kittle.

2) Still overcompensating.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1jht9a5h said:
Marvin49":1jht9a5h said:
ArlosSpecial":1jht9a5h said:
Marvin49":1jht9a5h said:

I’d get that checked.
The delusion is you thinking the 49ers are above average my dude. They are f*** pitiful looking. I doubt y'all get 4 wins all year tbh. And it's a very very looooooooong season and you've already played the two 2 worst teams in the league. Look at your schedule now. No more college teams left on it lol

So….

Never said anything RE how good the 49ers are or will be. That’s a straw man. My point has never been more than nothing is a foregone conclusion.

I don’t know how this season will play out. What I do know is that 49ers are 2-0 winning 2 Eastern Timezone games on the road. They can only play the games on their schedule.

It also seems that Seattle losing has caused you to lose your s**t.

Peace.

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":yxx6jn81 said:

Still 2-0

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":22puh8ih said:
ArlosSpecial":22puh8ih said:
Marvin49":22puh8ih said:
ArlosSpecial":22puh8ih said:

I’d get that checked.
The delusion is you thinking the 49ers are above average my dude. They are f*** pitiful looking. I doubt y'all get 4 wins all year tbh. And it's a very very looooooooong season and you've already played the two 2 worst teams in the league. Look at your schedule now. No more college teams left on it lol

So….

Never said anything RE how good the 49ers are or will be. That’s a straw man. My point has never been more than nothing is a foregone conclusion.

I don’t know how this season will play out. What I do know is that 49ers are 2-0 winning 2 Eastern Timezone games on the road. They can only play the games on their schedule.

It also seems that Seattle losing has caused you to lose your s**t.

Peace.

^ This. He's that guy

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fade":fwcyoarj said:
Marvin49":fwcyoarj said:

Elaborating more…

The 49ers are deeper at runningback than the Rams. 1 more injury for the Rams at that spot and it will effect them big time. Sony Michel happens to be very injury prone as well.

Cardinals should've lost, the Minnesota kicker missed a chippy at the end of the game for the L, and also missed an extra point earlier that could've sent it to overtime at the very least.

Not really an ugly win for SF. They dominated running the ball, and shockingly on defense their corners held up and played well. I thought for sure Hurts and the Eagles were going to kill those guys on the outside and it was going to be a high scoring game.

Seattle has major scheme flaws on defense that have lingered for years under Ken Norton w/Pete Carroll babysitting. Wilson has to outscore teams if the Seahawks are to win against any team with a competent QB.

The Rams have talent at the positions where it really counts, and McVay right now might be the best coach in the league.

Niners aren't THAT deep. LOL. Trenton Cannon got a carry and he was claimed on waivers on Wed. :) I get your point though.

They didn't really dominate on the ground either. They really couldn't get going till late in the 1st half. That Philly D-Line was handling them inside. They didn't start moving the ball until they started getting outside on tosses and running some screens. Brandon Graham also got hurt late in the 1st half. That front was giving the Niners fits. Started the game with three straight 3 and outs. There was a missed offsides on the first play that caused a 5 yard loss and there were some drops and bad throws, but credit to the Eagles man, they were bringing it early.

As for Niner corners...they are better than you have been letting on. Some of that is them simply being better and some of it is that the pass rush has been excellent. Bosa has three sacks already and while he doesn't have a sack, Arik Armstead has 15 pressures on the season. Deommodore Lenoir, their 5th round corner, has been really good. He gave up along reception in this game, but he's been really solid otherwise. Has 5 PBUs on the season. Ambry Thomas, their 3rd round corner, hasn't been good at all. He was one of the guys getting lit up at the end of Detroit game and was a healthy scratch for this one. They should get Emmanuel Moseley back next week.

I can't speak to scheme issues in Seattle as I haven't watched them close enough. I just know Russ has always and will always scare the crap out of me. :)

I see your points RE Rams and Cards. For me tho I pick Cards because they fought back, Kyler is on fire, and D-Hop is ludicrous.

Rams look really good. No question. Anyone saying Goff is as good as Stafford doesn't know what they are watching. Stafford doesn't even have this offense down 100% and he looks SOOO much better than Goff.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":391sxih0 said:
Fade":391sxih0 said:
Marvin49":391sxih0 said:

Elaborating more…

Niners aren't THAT deep. LOL. Trenton Cannon got a carry and he was claimed on waivers on Wed. :) I get your point though.

They didn't really dominate on the ground either. They really couldn't get going till late in the 1st half. That Philly D-Line was handling them inside. They didn't start moving the ball until they started getting outside on tosses and running some screens. Brandon Graham also got hurt late in the 1st half. That front was giving the Niners fits. Started the game with three straight 3 and outs. There was a missed offsides on the first play that caused a 5 yard loss and there were some drops and bad throws, but credit to the Eagles man, they were bringing it early.

As for Niner corners...they are better than you have been letting on. Some of that is them simply being better and some of it is that the pass rush has been excellent. Bosa has three sacks already and while he doesn't have a sack, Arik Armstead has 15 pressures on the season. Deommodore Lenoir, their 5th round corner, has been really good. He gave up along reception in this game, but he's been really solid otherwise. Has 5 PBUs on the season. Ambry Thomas, their 3rd round corner, hasn't been good at all. He was one of the guys getting lit up at the end of Detroit game and was a healthy scratch for this one. They should get Emmanuel Moseley back next week.

I can't speak to scheme issues in Seattle as I haven't watched them close enough. I just know Russ has always and will always scare the crap out of me. :)

I see your points RE Rams and Cards. For me tho I pick Cards because they fought back, Kyler is on fire, and D-Hop is ludicrous.

Rams look really good. No question. Anyone saying Goff is as good as Stafford doesn't know what they are watching. Stafford doesn't even have this offense down 100% and he looks SOOO much better than Goff.

Guess we'll see tonight just where Geoff is.

Washington49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2299spdc said:
Marvin49":2299spdc said:
ArlosSpecial":2299spdc said:
Marvin49":2299spdc said:

I’d get that checked.

Did you just start watching football? Its only week 2. Look at the Saints, blew up GB week one then shit the bed week 2.

Way too early judge any team.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":c8ge7fyy said:

Why would you put the Cardinals first?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3us3iqzq said:
Marvin49":3us3iqzq said:

A case can certainly be made for the Rams, so don't take it as an insult. :)

With the Cards its about Kyler and the way he moves. I'm probably biased because mobile QBs have been the bane of Niner existence for a long time. First it was Russ and now Kyler.

Stafford tho is a huge upgrade over Goff. Rams are no joke.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":3na6w7p5 said:
Fade":3na6w7p5 said:
Marvin49":3na6w7p5 said:

Elaborating more…

FYI RE 49ers RBs....

Here's 49ers' RB summary:

-JaMycal Hasty: high ankle (out)
-Trey Sermon: concussion protocol
-Elijah Mitchell: (shoulder) day-to-day

At least 1 spot to be filled.

Workouts...
-TJ Yeldon
-Duke Johnson
-Lamar Miller

Practice squad...
-Kerryon Johnson

Healthy..
-Trenton Cannon

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lq1idsi said:
Ramfan128":1lq1idsi said:
Marvin49":1lq1idsi said:

A case can certainly be made for the Rams, so don't take it as an insult. :)

With the Cards its about Kyler and the way he moves. I'm probably biased because mobile QBs have been the bane of Niner existence for a long time. First it was Russ and now Kyler.

Stafford tho is a huge upgrade over Goff. Rams are no joke.

It's funny how that colors our perspective. Under McVay we've never lost to the Cardinals and the games are rarely been competitive. While their week one win was the most impressive, I felt their week 2 performance was the least impressive among the three 2-0 teams. By far.

And while their beat down of Tennessee was more impressive, the Niners thrashing Detroit (before the backups came in) and the Rams beating Chicago by 20 were both impressive too.

The problem I have with their near loss to Minnesota is that it aligned with what I thought their defense would be.

So for me it's:

1A. Rams - our win against the Colts was a game that ended up closer than it should have been.

1B. Niners - they dominated Detroit and then beat an underrated Eagles team. Two Eastern time zone games.

3. Cardinals - in my book they basically lost to the Vikings. Needing a kicker to miss a chip shot FG is as lucky as it gets in the NFL. Huge issues on defense, worst CBs in the league.

4. Seahawks - I still think they finish 3rd and make the playoffs, but losing to the team Arizona beat down AND having the worst record puts them at 4th for now.

I don't take it offensively at all - I'm guessing you think AZ is closer to the team in week 1 and I think they're closer to the team from yeaterday