Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A new book about the Patriots have some juicy info

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/322 ... -belichick

For example, wonder why Malcolm Butler didn’t play that much in the Super Bowl against the Eagles? Matt Patricia. He felt Butler way playing with a lack of effort and got demoted.

EDIT: wow, just saw this:

“Belichick and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had a much closer relationship than previously known and once met secretly in a New England airplane hangar to discuss rule changes -- even as aides unsuccessfully pleaded with Goodell to drop the Deflategate inquiry, worried about the long-term damage to the league brand.”
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

• Mizak wrote:https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32294122/new-england-patriots-book-goes-secretive-controversial-franchise-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick

For example, wonder why Malcolm Butler didn’t play that much in the Super Bowl against the Eagles? Matt Patricia. He felt Butler way playing with a lack of effort and got demoted.

EDIT: wow, just saw this:

“Belichick and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had a much closer relationship than previously known and once met secretly in a New England airplane hangar to discuss rule changes -- even as aides unsuccessfully pleaded with Goodell to drop the Deflategate inquiry, worried about the long-term damage to the league brand.”

Not surprising. Rog has always been a “legacy team” type guy.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Dave Wyman mentioned a rumour that the Patriots had watched Seahawks practice prior to the Superbowl and saw them practicing the play that Malcolm Butler ended up intercepting. Wyman said they hadn't used that particular play since the beginning of the season so it was suspicious when Butler said afterwards that "he recognized the play."
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Brandon Browner definitely recognized that play.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Dave Wyman mentioned a rumour that the Patriots had watched Seahawks practice prior to the Superbowl and saw them practicing the play that Malcolm Butler ended up intercepting. Wyman said they hadn't used that particular play since the beginning of the season so it was suspicious when Butler said afterwards that "he recognized the play."

That "recognized the play" thing always bothered me. I'm not saying I have the best memory or anything but like most of us I watched every game. I just don't recall that play being a go-to goalline play for us. I'm talking about not recalling it at the time of that quote, not now. And we sure as heck weren't running the play to Ricardo Lockett a lot during the year.

Still...I think it was a terrible play call. Not the decision to passing on that play but that play specifically
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Dave Wyman mentioned a rumour that the Patriots had watched Seahawks practice prior to the Superbowl and saw them practicing the play that Malcolm Butler ended up intercepting. Wyman said they hadn't used that particular play since the beginning of the season so it was suspicious when Butler said afterwards that "he recognized the play."

Well then, that settles it. Time for both of our two Super Bowl losses to be reversed, with Steelers and Patriots forced to surrender their respective and illicitly "won" Lombardis to the Seahawks. I'm waiting.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information