NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 4

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST the best division in football. Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) AZ CARDINALS (4-0)

The Cardinals took it to the NFC favorites and showed they are the best team in the NFL.

(2) LA RAMS (3-1)

The Rams might've gotten caught up reading their own press clippings after a big win over the defending Super Bowl Champions. Surprising to see them get so thoroughly outplayed by a division rival. Are the Cardinals that good, is the question?

(3) SEA SEAHAWKS (2-2)

The Seahawks are only allowed to play one half of football under Pete Carroll. Not seeing Tre Flowers on defense was refreshing.

(4) SF 49ERS (2-2)

Trent Williams was carted off the field, hopefully not too serious or that will spell doom on the season. Jimmy hurt, Lance came in and performed well enough. Seattle is the worst defense in the league and the 49ers struggled for long stretches against said unit.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Rams aren't as good as people think . They should be 2-2. As for AZ they started off like this last year but as for now they get the top nod. Hawks started off sluggish but again due to the bad quarterbacks on San Francisco we were able to lock it down after a quarter of sloppy play. Niners are tanking for Rattler now lol

rlkats

Reaction score
I didn’t get to see the games today, but damn the Cards are playing great. What a let down by the Rams. Congrats on the win hawks. My Niners have probably seen the last of Jimmy. From the highlights the roomie played good and bad (not unexpected). Trey appears to be very elusive so that’s good. Seahawks Oline needs to be better, there were way to many hits and sacks on Wilson. I was happy with SF defense holding the receivers in check it looks like. QB play for SF will be the issue all season. Oh hey Arlos SF does not have a first round pick the next 2 years so I’m sure they are not intending to tank there buddy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":aceknrpd said:
Rams aren't as good as people think . They should be 2-2. As for AZ they started off like this last year but as for now they get the top nod. Hawks started off sluggish but again due to the bad quarterbacks on San Francisco we were able to lock it down after a quarter of sloppy play. Niners are tanking for Rattler now lol

This guy. You think yer funny but you dont even make sense. Tanking? They don’t have their first rounder genius.

Anyway…

Gratz to all Seahawks fans other than Arlos.

I don’t hate Jimmy but there is a reason they gave all that up for another QB. He’s just limited. He’s also always good for one boneheaded play a game.

Losing the kicker hurt. Losing Trent Williams really hurt. Having Trenton Cannon on the field at all screwed them (unable to pin punt at the 1 because he’s a moron, fumbled the kickoff trying to be a hero, misjudging another kickoff). At some point, will Dee Ford figure out where the line of scrimmage is? I mean he constantly makes that same mistake.

Deebo is just a stud. Love that guy.

Trey looked like the QB he was in preseason. High highs, low lows, uneven play. He’s not ready to start but may not have a choice.

13 weeks left. Should be fun. I think the Niners finish 4th in this division.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":22kg61ak said:
ArlosSpecial":22kg61ak said:

This guy. You think yer funny but you dont even make sense. Tanking? They don’t have their first rounder genius.

Anyway…

I don’t hate Jimmy but there is a reason they gave all that up for another QB. He’s just limited. He’s also always good for one boneheaded play a game.

Losing the kicker hurt. Losing Trent Williams really hurt. Having Trenton Cannon on the field at all screwed them (unable to pin punt at the 1 because he’s a moron, fumbled the kickoff trying to be a hero, misjudging another kickoff). At some point, will Dee Ford figure out where the line of scrimmage is? I mean he constantly makes that same mistake.

Trey looked like the QB he was in preseason. High highs, low lows, uneven play. He’s not ready to start but may not have a choice.

After you beat the Lions you had the niners in the super bowl. Slow the roll home slice. Your squad is doo doo and below average. And my team is mediocre as of now but like I said it's a long season.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":euyx2eqx said:
Cards started off 2-0, not 4-0.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1m9rfkag said:
Marvin49":1m9rfkag said:
ArlosSpecial":1m9rfkag said:

Anyway…

After you beat the Lions you had the niners in the super bowl. Slow the roll home slice. Your squad is doo doo and below average. And my team is mediocre as of now but like I said it's a long season.

Bro, you are ridiculous. I did NOT have them in the super bowl. In fact I said they had the 4th most impressive performance in the division.

You just flat make sh*t up and assign it to people and argue that rather than actually addressing the points they are making.

So far I’ve seen you say the 49ers selected Aiyuk over Metcalf when they were taken in different years and now say the 49ers are tanking the season when they dont have a 1st round pick. The WR they took over Metcalf BTW was Deebo Samuel who has 490 yards in 4 games and scored twice today.

Just stop. You are an embarrassment to your own fanbase. Learn something before you post nonsense and do people the courtesy of arguing the point that are actually making, not the straw man you are assigning them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":smlfdq9e said:
ArlosSpecial":smlfdq9e said:
Cards started off 2-0, not 4-0.

Don’t confuse him with facts.

knownone

Reaction score
I don’t think Lance is ready to start. His stats look good. However, remove that blown coverage and garbage time, and the Niners offense really struggled with him out there. Maybe that will change with a full week of preparation. But if it doesn’t, the Niners playoff hopes could be on the ropes early in the season.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
knownone":1hxzhlau said:
I don’t think Lance is ready to start. His stats look good. However, remove that blown coverage and garbage time, and the Niners offense really struggled with him out there. Maybe that will change with a full week of preparation. But if it doesn’t, the Niners playoff hopes could be on the ropes early in the season.

No he isn't. Kyle has done a piss poor job of getting him ready to play. Treating him like a backup and a gadget Taysom Hill. It's like Kyle is completely oblivious to the fact that Lance is the franchise, and his longterm success depends on him. This is bad for the 49ers, but good for the rest of the division. It's going to be rough for him against AZ, I got the over under at 2.5 turnovers, and 5.5 sacks in his first start, and I'll take the over.

The 49ers really botched the QB Position this year. /thread.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":38e8qv8w said:

I don’t either, but he’s gonna start anyway. He was ALWAYS gonna need time and it’s the entire reason they were keeping Jimmy to begin with.

My guess is he’ll be radically inconsistent…wow plays followed by WTF plays. His legs will get him out of trouble but he’ll leave a lot of big plays out on the field.

As for stats, 100% correct.

He played well on the final drive of the game, but before that he was all over the place.

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2g4uhxp6 said:
Marvin49":2g4uhxp6 said:
ArlosSpecial":2g4uhxp6 said:

Anyway…

Bud your team is a QB injury away from a 0 win season. Your team did not look good against a group of CB's that had every team they played pass all over them. Wilson is the glue holding that team together. IT is Wilson that makes the Hawks keep winning. We know our QB situation sucks, but your blind homerism for yours is a joke. Niners and Hawks are the two worst teams in the division. Your team is better because of ONLY Wilson.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
rlkats":35qcvjjw said:
ArlosSpecial":35qcvjjw said:
Marvin49":35qcvjjw said:
ArlosSpecial":35qcvjjw said:

Anyway…

Bud your team is a QB injury away from a 0 win season. Your team did not look good against a group of CB's that had every team they played pass all over them. Wilson is the glue holding that team together. IT is Wilson that makes the Hawks keep winning. We know our QB situation sucks, but your blind homerism for yours is a joke. Niners and Hawks are the two worst teams in the division. Your team is better because of ONLY Wilson.
i JUST CALLED MY TEAM MEDIOCRE DUDE!!! WTF DO YOU EVEN ENGLISH?? LOL

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":keuw9lec said:
rlkats":keuw9lec said:
ArlosSpecial":keuw9lec said:
Marvin49":keuw9lec said:

Anyway…

I like how this guy gets all indignant about being misrepresented when that's all he does to everyone else.

Oh, the irony.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":dgrj16ma said:
ArlosSpecial":dgrj16ma said:
rlkats":dgrj16ma said:
ArlosSpecial":dgrj16ma said:

I like how this guy gets all indignant about being misrepresented when that's all he does to everyone else.

Oh, the irony.
Somebody needs a binky

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3j1v3hsf said:
Marvin49":3j1v3hsf said:
ArlosSpecial":3j1v3hsf said:
rlkats":3j1v3hsf said:

Oh, the irony.
Somebody needs a binky

Lame deflection. I see you.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I saw clutch in here, congrats to all the Cards fans reading this. Cardinals played great.

The teams weve beaten all won yesterday - so I'm just hoping yesterday's game was an aberration and that were still a top team. That's very much in question though.

Arizona definitely wanted it more. The last step for Arizona is to not choke against the Niners next week.

I remember the wins over the Niners and Seahawks to snap long losing streaks to them - amazing feeling.

Definitely Cards, Rams, Seahawks, Niners right now. Round two of this round robin this week is going to be insane - Rams and Seahawks game is going pin a pissed off Rams team against a confident Seattle team playing their first home primetime game with fans since 2019

nutluck

Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP this week on the ratings of the teams in the NFCW.