Tre Lance is trash

Tokadub

Reaction score
He is the 4th best QB in our division even if he improves.

Just gotta give one happy post for all my boys and maybe a few girls lol.

The whole broadcast was basically saying "he is a dumb caveman who throws super hard for no reason"...

He's like Kaepernick except less athletic and less talented. I'm not scared.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm all for feeling good about a win, but given it was his first real action, I thought he played well. I didn't put much into the comments about his throwing too hard. There was another qb that faired pretty well over his career who had the same issue. Brett Favre.

I thought Lance played well. The guy is certainly elusive, he's got a Canon, showed he can read a defense, and he didn't cave under the pressure of having to come out, to a home crowd, needing to bring his team back.

Certainly doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies thinking about what his ceiling might be in the coming years.

Threedee

Reaction score
He's not Goff, so, he's an improvement to the division by default. I thought he played well, though.

gabel

Reaction score
You watched a different game then I did. I saw a future superstar with ridiculous talent. He looks like the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. He's a bit taller and faster and he has gun for sure. It will take sometime but San Fran has found the answer which is kind of a shame.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, he's just saying Lance is trash because he has to justify why the Hawks won. If the Hawks win on Thursday, we will see the post saying that the Rams lost because x player was hurt etc.

Lance looks like he might have a real shot at being good.

Seymour

Reaction score
gabel":1tlpjoka said:
You watched a different game then I did. I saw a future superstar with ridiculous talent. He looks like the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. He's a bit taller and faster and he has gun for sure. It will take sometime but San Fran has found the answer which is kind of a shame.

If "the answer" is throwing the ball on open screens at the receivers feet from point blank range.....then I agree.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
I saw a guy with a lot of physical tools. However, it takes more than that to be successful. I think there is potential there, but it looked like something that will need to be developed over a period of time. For the Hawks' sake, hopefully it's a LONG period of time. Nothing to be worried about in the short term.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see aspects of Young Elway, Randall Cunningham and Farve, it's about how coachable he is, and is his head on straight. All three of those had cannons as an arm and had to learn to develop some finesse passes. Cunningham had hell of a time getting used to the pocket and it took a injury to make him adjust, Elway needed a Coach to take the control from him and some injuries to get him focused along with some guy named Davis in the running game.

Those are guys that made it and were successes, Kaep had success but had issues developing further, Tebow, we know about, James Harris is another guy few remember but had to adapt and adjust, was a different era but he was really talented, Doug Williams another where he had to re define himself and change his mentality from when he was a QB in Tampa to Washington.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I wasn't very impressed. He looked very confused and indecisive. If his first read wasn't there, his instinct was to break the pocket and run. Awfully inaccurate. His only sustained success was in garbage time when we were protecting a two TD lead.

As others have mentioned, it was his first real action as a pro and it's pretty rare when a rookie QB takes over for the first time and doesn't have problems (see Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields), but he has a lot of work ahead of him.

hangumhi

Reaction score
RiverDog":k4eqsl02 said:
I wasn't very impressed. He looked very confused and indecisive. If his first read wasn't there, his instinct was to break the pocket and run. Awfully inaccurate. His only sustained success was in garbage time when we were protecting a two TD lead.

As others have mentioned, it was his first real action as a pro and it's pretty rare when a rookie QB takes over for the first time and doesn't have problems (see Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields), but he has a lot of work ahead of him.

Ditto. One garbage td and a lot of confusion. Looked like a rookie with a lot to overcome.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He looks like an unpolished Cam Newton.

But I saw enough to see that if he develops within Shanahan's offense, he could be a problem in a few years.

He had what, like 17-18 games started in college? So he's really raw. So it's gonna take some time, but there's enough to like if you're a Niner fan.....and definitely enough to be worried about as a Hawk's fan.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Agreed for what they paid for him. He's a gadget guy at best and balled out 3 years ago against a bunch of slow whites dudes playing slow pitch now at North Dakota A & I. I mean he's got a haircut like Mahomes but that's where the similarities end.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":180mhwsc said:
I saw a guy with a lot of physical tools. However, it takes more than that to be successful. I think there is potential there, but it looked like something that will need to be developed over a period of time. For the Hawks' sake, hopefully it's a LONG period of time. Nothing to be worried about in the short term.

He has a high ceiling, but I agree, it's going to be a while before he gets there. Luckily for him, he has the coaching and the weapons to potentially do so.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's the next Lamar Jackson and will be a superstar in this league.

seabowl

Reaction score
Mac Jones looks like the next..... Brady

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I feel like I am in a twilight zone reading all of these comments supporting Lance

The 3 second wind up on his throws? He literally drops his hand behind his back and brings it all the way over top like a junior high QB. How has that not been coached out of him yet? Allowed our DT's to get a hand on and disrupt a few.

Accuracy was horrendous. Just awful on anything other than an uncontested drop off.

Physically gifted of course. I saw nothing, absolutely NOTHING that concerns me as an opposing fan worrying about him developing as a QB though at this point

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tre Lance is extremely raw, he demonstrated why Jimmy Garoppolo was starting in San Fran.

His raw talents are off the charts. His speed, agility and arm strength are something to behold. Athletically he is one of the most impressive QB's that I have seen in awhile.

Unfortunately that is really all Tre Lance has going for him right now. His mechanics look extremely jankey. He has a strange windup and he doesn't always follow through with his throws. This, of course makes his throws very unpredictable. His situational awareness is also not there. Tre Lance often times did not know where he needed to be to get a first down. A few times I saw him dive before the first down marker.

All and all, he's a raw clump of clay. Tre Lance is just an athlete now that doesn't have any of the nuances of playing QB down.

That being said, I think that Shannahan could find success with him this season by running a simplified offense. Keep things simple and rely on his mobility to do the work. I could see San Fran copying Baltimore and finding success with what they did with Lamar Jackson.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1zgrgsc8 said:
Tre Lance is extremely raw, he demonstrated why Jimmy Garoppolo was starting in San Fran.

His raw talents are off the charts. His speed, agility and arm strength are something to behold. Athletically he is one of the most impressive QB's that I have seen in awhile.

Unfortunately that is really all Tre Lance has going for him right now. His mechanics look extremely jankey. He has a strange windup and he doesn't always follow through with his throws. This, of course makes his throws very unpredictable. His situational awareness is also not there. Tre Lance often times did not know where he needed to be to get a first down. A few times I saw him dive before the first down marker.

All and all, he's a raw clump of clay. Tre Lance is just an athlete now that doesn't have any of the nuances of playing QB down.

That being said, I think that Shannahan could find success with him this season by running a simplified offense. Keep things simple and rely on his mobility to do the work. I could see San Fran copying Baltimore and finding success with what they did with Lamar Jackson.

There was a huge drop off in QB play when Jimmy G went out. Jimmy was low-key killing the Hawks over the middle with those rhythm throws. But yes, the kid has physical ability, but he has a lot of refining and learning to do.

LTH

Reaction score
Tokadub":129uhl48 said:
He is the 4th best QB in our division even if he improves.

Just gotta give one happy post for all my boys and maybe a few girls lol.

The whole broadcast was basically saying "he is a dumb caveman who throws super hard for no reason"...

He's like Kaepernick except less athletic and less talented. I'm not scared.

He is not trash...Trash is turning the ball over fumbling and throwing INT's this guy looked good for his first game made some nice drives ran the ball effectively and didn't turn the ball over . what do you want for the experience he has?

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Just wondering why a thread about a rookie QB on another team is in the Main Forum, Mods are on top of it I would think since they react swiftly to all things on .NET.............

Latest posts