NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 5

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST the best division in football. Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) AZ CARDINALS (5-0)

Kyler appears to have a severely strained bicep on his throwing arm, he needs to heal quickly or they will be one and done in the playoffs.

(2) LA RAMS (4-1)

Raheem Morris, isn't good. Sorry Rams fans but he will be your undoing.

(3) SF 49ERS (2-3)

George Kittle? More like George Brittle. AM I RITE. Lance looked sloppy as hell. Poorman's Newton.

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (2-3)

Pete Carroll built the greatest defense in modern NFL history. Whelp… now he has built the worst defense in modern NFL history as well to add to the resume. Oh yeah, Russell Wilson is hurt too.

nutluck

Reaction score
I mostly agree with you Fade I would swap the Hawks and 9er's not just because they beat them, but also because right now i have more faith in Geno than Trey at QB. Not saying long term Trey won't be better than Geno but right now I don't think he is.

As for the Rams, yeah the defense is really struggling, I am hoping they can get it together later in the year. It is always hard when you get a new DC, especially because the Rams don't play starters in the preseason.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I’ve thought Cards were best team since week 1.

Rams close.

Seahawks and Niners are interchangeable fir me based on Wilson’s injury.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
nutluck":3ogrqxe4 said:
I mostly agree with you Fade I would swap the Hawks and 9er's not just because they beat them, but also because right now i have more faith in Geno than Trey at QB. Not saying long term Trey won't be better than Geno but right now I don't think he is.

As for the Rams, yeah the defense is really struggling, I am hoping they can get it together later in the year. It is always hard when you get a new DC, especially because the Rams don't play starters in the preseason.

Yeah, I got the 49ers over the Seahawks because of defense. The 49ers can play it, the Seahawks can't. Raheem Morris has never been good as a DC. He took over the #1 Defense, that loss John Johnson, and Michael Brockers, which doesn't equate to the precipitous fall into the 20's.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":320oq4fa said:

Rams close.

Yea you have. And at this point I can't disagree. But I can't wait until the Rams play them again.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":3cuh953y said:

Rams close.

Marvin,
I would agree with that also. The only thing is, I don’t know if the Niners D (specifically the CB position) has shores up it’s issues or the Cards were not right. I thought the Cards were going to put a 50 burger on us. I am happy they didn’t. I wonder what happened. As far as the Niners, they are better than the hawks only because Wilson is out. Once Wilson is back it’s a different story. Long season to go.

SF49r

Reaction score
I really don't understand how the NFL isn't calling offensive holding anymore, maybe just to protect QBs right? Nick Bosa + all our other D-line getting held every single play and it never gets called.. But then yet we get called for offensive holding every other play!! I don't understand this, it's like the NFL and the refs have it out for us.

As for Trey lance, he's raw as hell and I feel like he has it but Kyle Shanahan is absolutely doing him no favors right now, his playcalling has been horrendous lately. A 12 year old on madden could call a better game.

nutluck

Reaction score
Fade":r2mi29v6 said:
nutluck":r2mi29v6 said:

Yeah, I got the 49ers over the Seahawks because of defense. The 49ers can play it, the Seahawks can't. Raheem Morris has never been good as a DC. He took over the #1 Defense, that loss John Johnson, and Michael Brockers, which doesn't equate to the precipitous fall into the 20's.

Yeah I get why you picked the 9er's over the hawks, I think it is really a coin toss, just it is hard for defenses to not gas out if the offense can't sustain drives, no matter how good they are and right now Lance just does not look remotely ready. If Colin gets back in at QB for the 9er's I would say yeah 9er's and better but then when Rus comes back I again put the hawks up. But I get your reasoning for your list, only time will tell.

As for the Rams D, They also lost Hill the number 2 corner and Ekerbum? or how every his named was spelled the other OLB. So they lost 4 starters. I think Johnson was a bigger lose than they was expecting, he was a great all around safety and great leader. Now we have two young guys at safety. one a 3rd year but missed most of last year, so really his second year and first year as a starter in Rapp and the other safety Fuller is on his second year and is in charge of defensive adjustments, that is a lot for a young guy to take on. I am hoping as the new guys get use to starting and some of the younger players get more use to it the defense will improve. But CB Long is struggling a lot, I have seen him get burned several times which is a big concern, especially with how inexperienced the safties are, to know when they need to help.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
SF49r":1h2l0brw said:
I really don't understand how the NFL isn't calling offensive holding anymore, maybe just to protect QBs right? Nick Bosa + all our other D-line getting held every single play and it never gets called.. But then yet we get called for offensive holding every other play!! I don't understand this, it's like the NFL and the refs have it out for us.

As for Trey lance, he's raw as hell and I feel like he has it but Kyle Shanahan is absolutely doing him no favors right now, his playcalling has been horrendous lately. A 12 year old on madden could call a better game.

Kyle is coaching and treating Lance like he didn't want him in the first place.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fade":333f6ehs said:
SF49r":333f6ehs said:

Kyle is coaching and treating Lance like he didn't want him in the first place.

Really inaccurate.

Lance had 16 runs but they weren't all called runs. Many were scrambles....which gets to my second point.

The right side of the line is a big issue. Brunskill has been dominated at times, and McGlinchey is really, really disappointing, particularly in pass protection.

So many plays were flat blown up because of penetration on the right side, specifically by Watt.

Both the TEs, Dwelley and Woerner, missed huge blocks. Even the TD that he got stopped on at the like 1/2 inch line was a designed pass. It was intended for Juice but he got tripped up running behind the line so Trey had to run it.

Kyle can call the plays, but he can't execute them.

This is not to say that Trey was perfect. Far from. The plan was there tho. Trey can throw and he can run, but he can't block, NOT hold (penalties were a killer...and this isn't a ref complaint...they were guilty), or catch. Everyone on that O struggled on Sunday.