Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Andy Reid be on hot seat?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Should Andy Reid be on hot seat?
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:23 pm
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Re: Should Andy Reid be on hot seat?
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:30 pm
  • Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:31 pm
  • Fade wrote:Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?

Bravo, sir. Bravo /slowclap
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:08 pm
  • Fade wrote:Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?

Nope but with a generational talent in mahomes and hill, he should score more.

He is 2 and 3 this yr and 1 and 1 with baby goat Mahomes in the super bowl.

Reid also is 1 and 2 in super bowls.

Lol but keep spinning your biased point of view.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 pm
  • MyrtleHawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?

Gobble Gobble.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:10 pm
  • It is way harder to win then people think.

Fade have you applied to coach? I bet hawks would be 25 time champs.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:19 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    MyrtleHawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?

Gobble Gobble.

You calling me a Turkey? I don't get it...
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:39 am
  • His team gave up almost 500 yards, only scored 7 points in the 2nd half and failed to adjust. They should probably fire Reid and trade Mahomes and Hill and get some of that essential draft capital….but first the owner should sell the team.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:02 am
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:His team gave up almost 500 yards, only scored 7 points in the 2nd half and failed to adjust. They should probably fire Reid and trade Mahomes and Hill and get some of that essential draft capital….but first the owner should sell the team.

Well Played Sir! Well Played!
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:57 am
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:His team gave up almost 500 yards, only scored 7 points in the 2nd half and failed to adjust. They should probably fire Reid and trade Mahomes and Hill and get some of that essential draft capital….but first the owner should sell the team.

Grass is always greener anywhere else.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:39 pm
  • No.
    AubHawk71
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:41 pm
  • Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, Mike Tomlin and BB should all be fired and crown Kliff Kingsbury, Brandon Staley and Mike McCarthy as the best coaches in the league.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:19 pm
  • The reaction to Pete Carroll isn't about the last 5 games - no. It's about the last 50 games and the steady decline of the defense, and the horrible moves that have been made in its construction. Trying to frame it as it being about the start of this season is being intellectually dishonest at worst, or completely ignorant at best.

Let's see if Andy continues to tolerate Spags as his DC. I bet he won't. Imagine Andy Reid having bad offenses for 4 years in a row, KC fans would want him gone, too. And rightfully so.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:46 pm
  • No, the hot seat is reserved for Urban Meyer, who is more handsome and charismatic.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 pm
  • Watching the KC game yesterday, I saw what appeared to be short routes open all night for the Chiefs, but Mahomes almost completely ignored them in favor of trying to push the ball downfield, which frequently was unsuccessful. Was that bad coaching, or bad decision-making by the QB?
    Somos doces
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:34 pm
  • Super Bowl win two years ago and Super Bowl appearance last year vs 3 playoff wins in 6 years. Yes, the Chiefs ans Seahawks are the same.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:32 am
  • Somos doces wrote:Watching the KC game yesterday, I saw what appeared to be short routes open all night for the Chiefs, but Mahomes almost completely ignored them in favor of trying to push the ball downfield, which frequently was unsuccessful. Was that bad coaching, or bad decision-making by the QB?

Per Collinsworth, mahomes is having trouble attacking cover 2.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Somos doces wrote:Watching the KC game yesterday, I saw what appeared to be short routes open all night for the Chiefs, but Mahomes almost completely ignored them in favor of trying to push the ball downfield, which frequently was unsuccessful. Was that bad coaching, or bad decision-making by the QB?

Agreed — I heard that on the broadcast, as well. This is, unfortunately, a rather familiar situation for us Seahawks fans, so I'm especially curious whether KC's recent offensive struggles can be attributed more to the scheme/play-calling or the execution. The answer (if there is one) might provide some helpful perspective for us regarding highly talented quarterbacks, their offenses, and their coaches and their collective ability/willingness to adjust when their preferred MO is thwarted.
    Somos doces
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:Super Bowl win two years ago and Super Bowl appearance last year vs 3 playoff wins in 6 years. Yes, the Chiefs ans Seahawks are the same.

I see this post and raise it one Fire Bevell.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:30 pm
  • Somos doces wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Somos doces wrote:Watching the KC game yesterday, I saw what appeared to be short routes open all night for the Chiefs, but Mahomes almost completely ignored them in favor of trying to push the ball downfield, which frequently was unsuccessful. Was that bad coaching, or bad decision-making by the QB?

Agreed — I heard that on the broadcast, as well. This is, unfortunately, a rather familiar situation for us Seahawks fans, so I'm especially curious whether KC's recent offensive struggles can be attributed more to the scheme/play-calling or the execution. The answer (if there is one) might provide some helpful perspective for us regarding highly talented quarterbacks, their offenses, and their coaches and their collective ability/willingness to adjust when their preferred MO is thwarted.

I will think they adjust as Reid is a guru at the offensive side of the ball.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:31 am
  • Fade wrote:The reaction to Pete Carroll isn't about the last 5 games - no. It's about the last 50 games and the steady decline of the defense, and the horrible moves that have been made in its construction. Trying to frame it as it being about the start of this season is being intellectually dishonest at worst, or completely ignorant at best.

Let's see if Andy continues to tolerate Spags as his DC. I bet he won't. Imagine Andy Reid having bad offenses for 4 years in a row, KC fans would want him gone, too. And rightfully so.

This.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Offense is NOT his only job. Head coaches are responsible for the whole team.

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:51 pm
  • LTH wrote:

Offense is NOT his only job. Head coaches are responsible for the whole team.

LTH

I'm sure KC fans are calling for Andy's head and not Spags. :D :D
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:21 pm
  • Somos doces wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

It's been mentioned in game going back to last year by Collinsworth
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:
    Somos doces wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:

I will think they adjust as Reid is a guru at the offensive side of the ball.

Manning said it during his MNF show. The QB has to be patient, take the check downs they're giving and check to runs when warranted, over and over again until they come out of it. The coaches call plays to beat it and the QB is responsible for executing it. The QBs who don't have the patience, struggle. The ones who do, don't
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:06 pm
  • Only if he had spicy Taco’s for lunch. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:27 am
  • It's too bad Andy Reid is ruining Mahome's career.

He should demand to be traded to a team that can better appreciate and utilize his skillset.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:50 am
  • 27 - 3 folks, the Titans are owning the Chiefs,!!??

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 pm
  • Especially after that last Mahomes sack, the Chiefs are looking like a complete dumpster with trash juice at the bottom. Gross.

Edit: When I posted the above, I wasn't talking about the sack that injured him. I was referring to a sack that was most recent upon posting when I did earlier in the game. I do not aim to add insult to injury.
    Last edited by MyrtleHawk on Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:25 pm
  • Cover 2.

There is evidence to support this position. Take this from the brilliant Seth Walder from ESPN.

"Mahomes is seeing more Cover 2 this year and having more picks as a result. Teams want KC to check down".
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:39 pm
  • KC is going down the Seahawks path. Down to the same type of QB and similar crap defenses post SB. They have a flashier version of Russell with more weapons and Mahomes is even more stuck on the home run than Russell is because of it. They even have Frank Clark doing nothing when he's not hurt and actually playing. It's only gonna get worse as the productive players have to leave to get paid.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:26 am
  • MyrtleHawk wrote:Especially after that last Mahomes sack, the Chiefs are looking like a complete dumpster with trash juice at the bottom. Gross.

Edit: When I posted the above, I wasn't talking about the sack that injured him. I was referring to a sack that was most recent upon posting when I did earlier in the game. I do not aim to add insult to injury.

He's doing what Russell did last year mid season, getting frustrated and forcing the ball downfield instead of taking the 4-5 yard underneath throws.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information