Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jon Gruden and Raiders parting ways.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Jon Gruden and Raiders parting ways.
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:05 pm

• MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie

Re: Jon Gruden and Raiders parting ways.
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:19 pm
  • Doesn't matter what kind of person you are, if you use the wrong language, even a decade ago and in an email, you must pay. An no, using specific slurs in some instances does not automatically make you racist, homophobe, or hate filled. Sick of this crap
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:48 pm
  • Wow, sounds like that one e-mail wasn’t an isolated incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:48 pm
  • cymatica wrote:Doesn't matter what kind of person you are, if you use the wrong language, even a decade ago and in an email, you must pay. An no, using specific slurs in some instances does not automatically make you racist, homophobe, or hate filled. Sick of this crap

It wasn't just from a decade ago. It stretched from 2011 until Gruden was hired as Raiders HC in 2018:

Gruden "casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language" to denigrate NFL peers from 2010 all the way to 2018, when he rejoined the Raiders."

Among Gruden's uncovered emails, which were sent to former Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen, are messages criticizing the emergence of women as NFL referees, as well as profane or frustrated reactions to former Rams draft pick Michael Sam's entry to the NFL as an openly g** player, and league-wide tolerance of former 49ers safety Eric Reid protesting racism during the playing of the national anthem.

The emails, which span from 2010 until 2018, when the coach signed a 10-year deal with Las Vegas after years as a "Monday Night Football" analyst, include Gruden calling Goodell a "f-----" and "clueless anti-football p----," criticizing Goodell for allegedly pressuring then-Rams coach Jeff Fisher to draft "queers," and messages to Allen that featured photos of topless Washington Football Team cheerleaders.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon- ... er-report/
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:00 pm
  • I don't judge people that harshly just because they're vulgar. Some people just express themselves that way, or it's habitual. Using naughty words doesn't make you a bad person.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:57 pm
  • Wow, just reading through some of his comments…. Gruden went full-out Archie Bunker.

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm
  • James in PA wrote:Wow, just reading through some of his comments…. Gruden went full-out Archie Bunker.

You know what probably really stings is him KNOWING he's not the only one in the league/industry who speaks/thinks that way, but he's the only one who got caught.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Location: In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history..

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 pm
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Wow, just reading through some of his comments…. Gruden went full-out Archie Bunker.

You know what probably really stings is him KNOWING he's not the only one in the league/industry who speaks/thinks that way, but he's the only one who got caught.
    Yup. Good ol’ boy network.

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:38 pm
  • I know some of you guys wanted to call Goodell a clueless p*****. And I’m guessing the F word with 6 letters involves double G’s right?
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 pm
  • Mizak wrote:I know some of you guys wanted to call Goodell a clueless p*****. And I’m guessing the F word with 6 letters involves double G’s right?

Well, people should do that anyway.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:21 pm
  • Mizak wrote:I know some of you guys wanted to call Goodell a clueless p*****. And I’m guessing the F word with 6 letters involves double G’s right?

Yeah, Im with Chucky on that one. Also, I have hardly EVER used the "f word that rhymes with maggot" in regards to someone's sexuality. Since I was a kid I have used that word disparagingly towards all sorts of people...even some animals. Everybody from playground teachers to politicians, pastors to punk police, pets to pharmacists, male AND female, have been called the "f word that rhymes with maggot". Especially punk police.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:53 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Wow, just reading through some of his comments…. Gruden went full-out Archie Bunker.

No. But he’s the only one dumb enough to send it in email. It’s one thing to say it talking $h!t with the boys over a beer. It’s another to send it to high level personal in multiple organizations, and expect it never comes to light.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:23 am
  • CPHawk wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:

No. But he’s the only one dumb enough to send it in email. It’s one thing to say it talking $h!t with the boys over a beer. It’s another to send it to high level personal in multiple organizations, and expect it never comes to light.

True. PEAK dumbassery!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:31 am
  • Whoever leaked the email has committed a much more unethical act than whatever Gruden said. When I send emails to people, it's expected they don't leak it to the media. Doesn't matter what the law allows. Ethics are ethics.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:14 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Whoever leaked the email has committed a much more unethical act than whatever Gruden said. When I send emails to people, it's expected they don't leak it to the media. Doesn't matter what the law allows. Ethics are ethics.

If it were to and/or from a private domain like Gmail or Yahoo, yes, I agree with you. But if you send something to/from a company's domain, nfl.com, espn.com or whatever, your emails are not private, they're the property of the domain to which you sent it to and/or from.

If the messages were on the NFL or WFT's domain, and since the league was able to discover them through their investigation of WFT, I would have to assume that they were, then both Gruden and Allen are complicit. Allen, being a GM and one that should know all about their electronic communication policy, should have responded to Gruden and told him to cool his jets and if that didn't work, forward the messages to his boss, ie Snyder. But instead, they went on for years.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:02 am
  • RiverDog wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Whoever leaked the email has committed a much more unethical act than whatever Gruden said. When I send emails to people, it's expected they don't leak it to the media. Doesn't matter what the law allows. Ethics are ethics.

If it were to and/or from a private domain like Gmail or Yahoo, yes, I agree with you. But if you send something to/from a company's domain, nfl.com, espn.com or whatever, your emails are not private, they're the property of the domain to which you sent it to and/or from.

If the messages were on the NFL or WFT's domain, and since the league was able to discover them through their investigation of WFT, I would have to assume that they were, then both Gruden and Allen are complicit. Allen, being a GM and one that should know all about their electronic communication policy, should have responded to Gruden and told him to cool his jets and if that didn't work, forward the messages to his boss, ie Snyder. But instead, they went on for years.

May be you have no idea how good it felt to put one's believe and value on email, and dare the organization, aka NFL to act. But remember this, in Gruden's own words, Roger Goodell, ain't nothing but a pu**y.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 am
  • cymatica wrote:Doesn't matter what kind of person you are, if you use the wrong language, even a decade ago and in an email, you must pay. An no, using specific slurs in some instances does not automatically make you racist, homophobe, or hate filled. Sick of this crap

No it sure as hell doesn't matter what kind of person you are, but it DOES MATTER when you have millions of followers hanging on what you say.
    I've always liked Jon Gruden, but using disparaging language, doesn't give him a free pass either, it's a possibility that some of his fans are/were g**.
    Having that kind of notoriety has it's responsibilities for decency too.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:32 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    cymatica wrote:Doesn't matter what kind of person you are, if you use the wrong language, even a decade ago and in an email, you must pay. An no, using specific slurs in some instances does not automatically make you racist, homophobe, or hate filled. Sick of this crap

No it sure as hell doesn't matter what kind of person you are, but it DOES MATTER when you have millions of followers hanging on what you say.
    I've always liked Jon Gruden, but using disparaging language, doesn't give him a free pass either, it's a possibility that some of his fans are/were g**.
    Having that kind of notoriety has it's responsibilities for decency too.

His problem was he put it in type and a email, it was never meant for public consumption but, a private exchange. We are in an age where smear is the game of the year and people will use this stuff to attack people, even if it was 10 15 or 20 years ago, James Gunn is a good example, people don't understand this is data and it doesn't go away and a aggressive search can dig up things from long ago in a time that a stance was deemed maybe just as inappropriate by many but not earth shattering. In our present culture and social mentality anything said as a slight or insult can be blown up. If you are in a position of power, celebrity, or athlete you can be destroyed by this stuff, and it doesn't have to be true, a sample out of context can do it. The clean up is after the fact and people are more and more apt pass judgement and do things as spin and personal protection first.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:44 am
  • chris98251 wrote:His (Gruden's) problem was he put it in type and a email, it was never meant for public consumption but, a private exchange. We are in an age where smear is the game of the year and people will use this stuff to attack people, even if it was 10 15 or 20 years ago, James Gunn is a good example, people don't understand this is data and it doesn't go away and a aggressive search can dig up things from long ago in a time that a stance was deemed maybe just as inappropriate by many but not earth shattering. In our present culture and social mentality anything said as a slight or insult can be blown up. If you are in a position of power, celebrity, or athlete you can be destroyed by this stuff, and it doesn't have to be true, a sample out of context can do it. The clean up is after the fact and people are more and more apt pass judgement and do things as spin and personal protection first.

I tend to agree with that take. And it's not just emails and text messages that one has to worry about. As the Urban Meyer incident demonstrates, if you're a noted personality, any time you're out in public everything and anything you say and do could be recorded and distributed. Even if he were in a bar with close friends, it would have been possible for someone to record his conversations and there wouldn't have been a lot that he could have done. Such is life in the fish bowl.

Having said that, Gruden was incredibly stupid to have committed his blowing off steam to writing, especially since it would appear that he used or sent his comments to the NFL.com or WFT's domain. If he and Bruce Allen would have had their exchanges via a server like Gmail or Yahoo, they would have remained private.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:05 pm
  • RiverDog wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:His (Gruden's) problem was he put it in type and a email, it was never meant for public consumption but, a private exchange. We are in an age where smear is the game of the year and people will use this stuff to attack people, even if it was 10 15 or 20 years ago, James Gunn is a good example, people don't understand this is data and it doesn't go away and a aggressive search can dig up things from long ago in a time that a stance was deemed maybe just as inappropriate by many but not earth shattering. In our present culture and social mentality anything said as a slight or insult can be blown up. If you are in a position of power, celebrity, or athlete you can be destroyed by this stuff, and it doesn't have to be true, a sample out of context can do it. The clean up is after the fact and people are more and more apt pass judgement and do things as spin and personal protection first.

I tend to agree with that take. And it's not just emails and text messages that one has to worry about. As the Urban Meyer incident demonstrates, if you're a noted personality, any time you're out in public everything and anything you say and do could be recorded and distributed. Even if he were in a bar with close friends, it would have been possible for someone to record his conversations and there wouldn't have been a lot that he could have done. Such is life in the fish bowl.

Having said that, Gruden was incredibly stupid to have committed his blowing off steam to writing, especially since it would appear that he used or sent his comments to the NFL.com or WFT's domain. If he and Bruce Allen would have had their exchanges via a server like Gmail or Yahoo, they would have remained private.

Well even a google or gmail can get hacked, or a accidental send forward to a wrong address, I imagine these guys have hundreds or internet transactions thru email, bill pay, business exchanges etc a day be it email. text or whatever.

Again most don't know the reaches of what the technology can go into, they just use the applications and don't think about the data trail you leave.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say I don't need to know that stuff just make it work and do what I want it to do.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well even a google or gmail can get hacked, or a accidental send forward to a wrong address, I imagine these guys have hundreds or internet transactions thru email, bill pay, business exchanges etc a day be it email. text or whatever.

Again most don't know the reaches of what the technology can go into, they just use the applications and don't think about the data trail you leave.

I don't know how many times I have heard people say I don't need to know that stuff just make it work and do what I want it to do.

That's true, but at least Gruden would have had the law on his side if the emails were hacked. Most credible news organizations aren't going to run with a story that was illegally obtained as there's a legal risk to them in doing so.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:30 pm
  • RiverDog wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Well even a google or gmail can get hacked, or a accidental send forward to a wrong address, I imagine these guys have hundreds or internet transactions thru email, bill pay, business exchanges etc a day be it email. text or whatever.

That's true, but at least Gruden would have had the law on his side if the emails were hacked. Most credible news organizations aren't going to run with a story that was illegally obtained as there's a legal risk to them in doing so.

We have had more then a few of those in a Political arena so I can't further, again retraction is fine, but once damage is done, it's done.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm
  • Just think, if Gruden had stabbed a guy, beat his wife, murdered dogs for sport or raped a bunch of women, he'd still have his NFL job.
    Aircrew
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm
  • Ben Volin of the Boston Globe has some thought provoking observations:

Most pointedly, why is Gruden the only person taking any shrapnel from the yearlong investigation into Washington’s workplace culture? The NFL’s punishment of owner Dan Snyder was laughable when it was announced on July 1, and looks even more absurd now that Gruden’s e-mails have been leaked.

Washington was fined $10 million and Snyder had to cede control of the team “for at least the next several months,” but that was it. The person who received control of the team was Snyder’s wife, Tanya. Snyder wasn’t formally suspended, and he showed up to the Aug. 12 preseason game and sat in the owners’ box.

And why did the NFL not allow (investigator Beth) Wilkinson (hired by the NFL) to provide a written report of her entire investigation? You know, like the 243-page report Ted Wells authored on the Patriots’ alleged ball-deflating scheme.

Wilkinson was told to give a verbal report to NFL leadership, but none of her findings were printed in ink. There was no public mention of any of the several dozen sexual harassment allegations made against Snyder and his football team, nor of the $1.6 million workplace misconduct settlement Snyder paid to a former female employee in 2009.

The NFL forced former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson out of its exclusive club late in 2017 when several allegations of sexual harassment came to light. Yet Snyder got a slap on the wrist and full protection from the NFL. It’s outrageous and disgraceful.

The Raiders also have some explaining to do. Owner Mark Davis stood by Gruden last week when one racist e-mail from Gruden denigrating NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith came to light. But Davis also had in his possession the homophobic and sexist e-mails that the New York Times published Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jo ... d=msedgntp
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:10 pm
  • hgwellz12 wrote:

I note that Goodell released Gruden's emails that cost him his job but burned the Patriots' Spygate videotapes and did nothing to Robert Kraft after he was arrested for patronizing prostitutes. Use bad words and have bad opinions and you're out, but affect the integrity of the game and it's all good.
    Ron Burgundy
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:14 am
  • RiverDog wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Whoever leaked the email has committed a much more unethical act than whatever Gruden said. When I send emails to people, it's expected they don't leak it to the media. Doesn't matter what the law allows. Ethics are ethics.

Read the last sentence. Ethics are ethics. I'm not talking about whether a server is private or whether or not somebody has the legal right to share an email. I am talking about being ethical which has nothing to do with the law.

For example, let's say my girlfriend writes me a letter and mails it to me. I have the right to open that letter, take a picture of it, and post it on Reddit. But would I do that? Hell no. Even if it was the most offensive letter in the world, me posting it online to try and embarrass and ruin her life would be an absolutely piece of $h!t move by me. I'm not a piece of $h!t, so I wouldn't do it. I was taught better than that.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Read the last sentence. Ethics are ethics. I'm not talking about whether a server is private or whether or not somebody has the legal right to share an email. I am talking about being ethical which has nothing to do with the law.

For example, let's say my girlfriend writes me a letter and mails it to me. I have the right to open that letter, take a picture of it, and post it on Reddit. But would I do that? Hell no. Even if it was the most offensive letter in the world, me posting it online to try and embarrass and ruin her life would be an absolutely piece of $h!t move by me. I'm not a piece of $h!t, so I wouldn't do it. I was taught better than that.

OK, fair enough. The person that leaked the email was unethical. So were the reporters that broke the Watergate story. It's standard operating procedure in the news business. They're all a bunch of sleaze balls.

Besides, it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make: That emails sent to or received on a company domain are the property of that company. It doesn't matter if they were written under the assumption that they would only be read by the recipient.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:50 am
  • I'm sure anyone who doesn't have a problem with this would gladly post their text history for all of us to comb through and judge them on. I would like to see Randy Moss phone records, I'm sure he has never said anything vulgar.

I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:36 am
  • Is calling somebody a pu$$y really considered sexist? That's laughable.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:43 am
  • cymatica wrote: I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky

Stop.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am
  • cymatica wrote:I'm sure anyone who doesn't have a problem with this would gladly post their text history for all of us to comb through and judge them on. I would like to see Randy Moss phone records, I'm sure he has never said anything vulgar.

I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky

My text/email history would be pretty boring.

But you do bring up a good point: Should the NFL be looking at everyone that has ever sent an email to or from their domain in the same way they did with Jon Gruden? It's easy to do, just flag a search for certain words or phrases. Same technology that the CIA and FBI use to detect potential terrorists.

I suspect that's why the NFL is sitting on this report of theirs. They know that they've opened up a can of worms when they authorized the independent investigator to look at WFT's emails. They had to respond to the Gruden emails because they were leaked, but they're afraid to go any further because it could result in hundreds of coaches, players, owners, etc being implicated.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am
  • I'd say he's an idiot for doing this stuff but then he got away with it for so long. Maybe it's like drunk driving: people rarely actually get stopped/crash doing it so the consequences seem sorta sudden. The racial statements and the ones surrounding Michael Sam are insanely unacceptable for a person of his position/stature to be sending at work. They're unacceptable enough for a workplace, but this dude had such significant leadership responsibilities, and it's not like he's 19 years old.

What's really disturbing in all these reports is the stuff with Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder/WFT and the cheerleaders in Costa Rica. It sounds like they were coerced (including possibly passport confiscation by the team) into nude photos and these were sent to Gruden. Snyder is a terrible owner from a team/economic standpoint, and he's run a bad organization with bad people. The other owners should have gotten rid of this dude by now.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:
    cymatica wrote: I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky

Stop.

No, it's a valid point. You can make fun at one persons looks but not someone else's strictly because they have different pigmentation in their skin. It's the definition of hypocrisy
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:41 am
  • bmorepunk wrote:I'd say he's an idiot for doing this stuff but then he got away with it for so long. Maybe it's like drunk driving: people rarely actually get stopped/crash doing it so the consequences seem sorta sudden. The racial statements and the ones surrounding Michael Sam are insanely unacceptable for a person of his position/stature to be sending at work. They're unacceptable enough for a workplace, but this dude had such significant leadership responsibilities, and it's not like he's 19 years old.

What's really disturbing in all these reports is the stuff with Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder/WFT and the cheerleaders in Costa Rica. It sounds like they were coerced (including possibly passport confiscation by the team) into nude photos and these were sent to Gruden. Snyder is a terrible owner from a team/economic standpoint, and he's run a bad organization with bad people. The other owners should have gotten rid of this dude by now.

Yeah, the WFT cheerleader's accusations makes Jerry Richardson's perversions, like asking to shave female employee's legs for them, look pretty lame.

But I'll bet that it goes beyond WFT and Dan Snyder. How much you want to bet that Jerry Jones's name popped up in some of those 350,000 emails they went through?
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:36 pm
  • cymatica wrote:I'm sure anyone who doesn't have a problem with this would gladly post their text history for all of us to comb through and judge them on. I would like to see Randy Moss phone records, I'm sure he has never said anything vulgar.

I agree with this. Unfortunately, the NFL is trying to protect Dan Snyder so might as well have someone be the scapegoat. In this case, Gruden.

I also like the fact that Gruden is being removed from the Ring of honor by the Bucs, yet Warren Sapp is still in it. The same guy arrested for getting a hooker, not paying child support and assault is still ok, but don't you DARE hurt someone's feelings in an email.

What a f------ clown world we live in. Thanks Twittersphere for starting this backwards thinking behavior.
    Last edited by Stud on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:
    cymatica wrote: I also wonder how many people, who are so offended, have referred to Gruden as Chucky

Stop.

No, it's a valid point. You can make fun at one persons looks but not someone else's strictly because they have different pigmentation in their skin. It's the definition of hypocrisy

Yup, this is correct. But you're on a website where a lot of posters spill their soy over their keyboards over the smallest offense, so it's normal.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:57 pm
  • To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:13 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz

There are places to take the racist discussion, they are not here however if that's what you want to do.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:28 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz

There are places to take the racist discussion, they are not here however if that's what you want to do.

I don’t recall needing your approval for my post. This thread is literally about a racist and bigot…

But I understand why some would try and defend…
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:35 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz

I don’t recall needing your approval for my post. This thread is literally about a racist and bigot…

No you don't need my approval, but reading and understanding the rules about posting political $h!t I guess went way over your head. Now if your inferring I am racist then you should be banned, you pick your poison.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:38 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:To all of you “real men” on the defensive front, don’t worry….Gruden will remain rich and white. Soon to be on the rally tour fighting for the rights of the most marginalized group in America. Lulz

What's the difference between rich and white and any other color? Seriously. I know whites and non whites who are very successful and they all worked hard for what they have, so please educate me because the only difference I see is how other people automatically judge their skin color without knowing jack about what they experienced in life.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:41 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Dude look in the mirror, you are casting aspersions on rich people if they are white.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:06 pm
  • No need, those comments were about Gruden and he provided his own proof of his bigotry and racism. As for those of you that are pressed about the mans self inflicted position I offered reassurance that he will be OK…
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:26 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:No need, those comments were about Gruden and he provided his own proof of his bigotry and racism. As for those of you that are pressed about the mans self inflicted position I offered reassurance that he will be OK…

At least be a man and stand by your words "Gruden will remain rich and white".

Whats the difference between rich and white and rich and black?
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:10 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:No need, those comments were about Gruden and he provided his own proof of his bigotry and racism. As for those of you that are pressed about the mans self inflicted position I offered reassurance that he will be OK…

If you’re going to be this obtuse I’m not sure I can give you an explanation you will accept.

“Gruden will remain rich and white” is a definitive statement about Gruden and has nothing to do with any other person.

If you think POC whether rich or not are treated or viewed equally in this country then I doubt any view I have will be meaningful to you.

I wouldn’t make excuses or defend these verified actions for anybody. Let alone get pressed and upset about the repercussions they faced.

Once again real plain….he will be alright, because rich and white in the USA is without any doubt a position of privilege.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:22 pm
  • I don't blame an organization for parting ways with him. And Gruden definitely shouldn't have said those things. But I have to stop short of judging him as racist or sexist. Those concepts are much more complicated than crude language.

Also, I try to look at it from a more practical perspective. Did Gruden's emails hurt anyone? Hurt anyone's feelings? So far, no indication that was the case. However, whoever shared the emails is responsible for anyone who might be offended by them.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:18 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:No need, those comments were about Gruden and he provided his own proof of his bigotry and racism. As for those of you that are pressed about the mans self inflicted position I offered reassurance that he will be OK…

If you’re going to be this obtuse I’m not sure I can give you an explanation you will accept.

“Gruden will remain rich and white” is a definitive statement about Gruden and has nothing to do with any other person.

If you think POC whether rich or not are treated or viewed equally in this country then I doubt any view I have will be meaningful to you.

I wouldn’t make excuses or defend these verified actions for anybody. Let alone get pressed and upset about the repercussions they faced.

Once again real plain….he will be alright, because rich and white in the USA is without any doubt a position of privilege.

Your victim mentally is not healthy. I feel sorry for you
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm
  • Stud wrote:
    cymatica wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:

Stop.

Yup, this is correct. But you're on a website where a lot of posters spill their soy over their keyboards over the smallest offense, so it's normal.

You're both full of $h!t, but it's absolutely your right to be full of $h!t so I ain't about to sit here going back and forth with you. Besides, nothing either one of us has to say here is gonna get Chucky his job back. Enjoy your sloppy joe sandwich. :2thumbs:
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:33 pm
  • cymatica wrote:
    hgwellz12 wrote:

Stop.

Correction: You're only allowed to make fun of someone's looks and acts if they're the same race as you are. If you are a different race from said person, it's racist and wrong.
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:06 am
  • LMAO so what he made fun of Demaurice Smith's lips and called Goodell the f word lol
    News flash....Smith does have thicker lips then normal folks get over it
    moving on
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information