Is Mahomes Even Elite?

Fade

Reaction score
The previous 2 seasons he led the league in dropped INTs. They aren't dropping them anymore.

Since the O-Line stopped playing at an elite level for him, he has been fairly pedestrian.

There are at least 10 QBs I would take over him right now.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
It's just so ironic and amusing how long people have been comparing Russ and Patrick, you could say even to this day.

Not saying you are specifically, just saying in general.

Mizak

Reaction score
Nah, more like teams adopting the Bucs Super Bowl defense against the Chiefs.

rcaido

Reaction score
Six straight games with an interception. He has 9 interception this season already. Russ was getting crucified last year. I wonder if the NFL or the Chief fans are doing the same right now.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
He's a flashier version of Russ. He has more weapons and takes more chances.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mizak":1pypb13z said:
Nah, more like teams adopting the Bucs Super Bowl defense against the Chiefs.

High cover 2 safeties. Make him check down. He is not.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I took him in my fantasy league. As of right now, I have 7 players on IR and I ruined Mahomes season. Blame it on me.

Threedee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3b29q0nl said:
I took him in my fantasy league. As of right now, I have 7 players on IR and I ruined Mahomes season. Blame it on me.

That's not very nice. You should stop hurting so many players. I joined a workplace league from 2012-2018. I put in seven years of futility, and only really dealt with injury that first year (Antonio Gates was my TE). I managed my losing ways through shear ineptitude, thank you very much!

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Since Week 13 of last year Mahomes has been a dumpster fire, especially compared to his previous standard. This has been going on for a while now.

It goes beyond only looking for the deep ball against defenses in a 2 high shell. It's offensive line play. He can't hold the ball forever like he used to. He has less time to throw and he is failing to adjust to that. It's a whole new world for him.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":1jfziu00 said:
The previous 2 seasons he led the league in dropped INTs. They aren't dropping them anymore.

Since the O-Line stopped playing at an elite level for him, he has been fairly pedestrian.

Curious what 10 quarterbacks? No fault of Andy Reid here either?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
getnasty":9l220bie said:
Fade":9l220bie said:

Curious what 10 quarterbacks? No fault of Andy Reid here either?

Andy Reid is giving him easy throws, and they move the ball in spurts with WR screens, HB screens, Y stick, and the like. The O-Line play has affected him, and he is struggling to adjust to that.

10 QBs I would take over Mahomes right now. Not longterm mind you, just right now. I think he will eventually work his way through this, but it could take some time, maybe a season or two.

Josh Allen
Dak Prescott
Lamar Jackson
Russell Wilson (If Healthy)
Kyler Murray
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Justin Herbert
Ryan Tannehill
Derek Carr

Joe Burrow and Kirk Cousins are playing better than him as well if we're being honest.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Mahomes is kind of an interesting case.

He was just a run-of-the-mill Texas Tech air raid QB. Then he was drafted in the top 10, which was kind of shocking because NFL teams never take Tech QBs seriously. Then he did not start his first year and went crazy his first three years starting. Now he looks like the same QB at Tech that was pretty unimpressive.

So who is the real Mahomes? Can a QB have three flukey seasons? Can he adjust to the adjustment? Has Andy Reid gone back to his old Philly ways where he forgot about running the ball?

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yes he is very elite. Football is a team sport. Even Brady has a monster team surrounding him in TB. They, like us, need to look at life past Andy Reid and Pete Carroll respectively.

Stud

Reaction score
Well lets see, One QB (Mahomes) was the reason his team won the super bowl. The other (Wilson) hid behind the legion of boom and hasn't made it past the 2nd round since the LOB folded.

In his 1st year, Mahomes threw over 50 TD's while Wilson hasn't even sniffed that yet.

Mahomes > Wilson.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Stud":1diyf90r said:
Well lets see, One QB (Mahomes) was the reason his team won the super bowl. The other (Wilson) hid behind the legion of boom and hasn't made it past the 2nd round since the LOB folded.

In his 1st year, Mahomes threw over 50 TD's while Wilson hasn't even sniffed that yet.

Mahomes > Wilson.

At throwing interceptions. He has come down to earth without elite O-Line play.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1453748178667331594[/tweet]

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Stud":3ssw2tqc said:

Mahomes > Wilson.

Mahomes was the reason? He was throwing to wide open receivers and enjoying a good run game and offensive line. Put Russ on that team and he'd put up even better numbers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I was always saying PM's was overrated and sure it took defenses a little while to adjust
to him and they have.
They stopped blitzing and put another man underneath,double Kelce and there is a spy if
PM's decides to go run sideways to buy time.
I love it and yes their fan base is getting called by their players.Ha Ha
BTW-I have always said Russ was better than him.