Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mac Jones

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Mac Jones
Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:23 pm
  • What's your thoughts on him so far? I feel like he's been the best QB from last years draft.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

Re: Mac Jones
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:56 am
  • 49ers blue, they could be sitting pretty with Jones.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 am
  • TAB420 wrote:What's your thoughts on him so far? I feel like he's been the best QB from last years draft.

In the early going he indeed looks like the best. Some of the other QBs never had a chance, though, based on the situations they were drafted into. Based on statistics, only 20% of 1st Round QBs since 2000 become franchise guys.
    So the odds say only 1 out of these 5 will become that guy. Maybe another becomes aight. It's looking slim that more than 2 guys pan out.

I still like Kyle Trask who was taken at the end of the 2nd round, but he will have to sit for a while it looks like.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:56 pm
  • I think pre draft he was thought to possibly be the most pro ready and that has turned out to be the case.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:36 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:What's your thoughts on him so far? I feel like he's been the best QB from last years draft.

In the early going he indeed looks like the best. Some of the other QBs never had a chance, though, based on the situations they were drafted into. Based on statistics, only 20% of 1st Round QBs since 2000 become franchise guys.
    So the odds say only 1 out of these 5 will become that guy. Maybe another becomes aight. It's looking slim that more than 2 guys pan out.

I still like Kyle Trask who was taken at the end of the 2nd round, but he will have to sit for a while it looks like.

And he gets to sit behind and learn from the GOAT? I'm curious to see how he'll do in the future when Brady decides to hang it up.
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:18 pm
  • MyrtleHawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:What's your thoughts on him so far? I feel like he's been the best QB from last years draft.

And he gets to sit behind and learn from the GOAT? I'm curious to see how he'll do in the future when Brady decides to hang it up.

Bruce Arians got Jamis Winston a 5000 yard 30 TD season. The dude still threw 30 picks, however, if Arians get that kind of production out of a bad QB he can make a starter out of Trask.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:31 pm
  • Sean Payton has cut down JWinston's turnovers massively. He almost looks like a legit QB in New Orleans.

I always thought Arians was a terrific coach when he was with the Cards. He has SB Champion on his resume now, so that makes him smarter. Until Brady leaves and the game passes him by, of course.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:02 pm
  • Mac Jones is the type of QB I think PC would prefer running his offense. Someone who can take care of the ball and move the chains. He takes the plays given to him by opposing defenses.

I think he is going to have a very good career in NE.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:27 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:Mac Jones is the type of QB I think PC would prefer running his offense. Someone who can take care of the ball and move the chains. He takes the plays given to him by opposing defenses.

Interesting point, If Russ was traded last off season. Pete just might trade up to get Jones.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:26 am
  • Very poised for a rookie. Shoot, he doesn't look like a rookie at all. Plus, he's playing on a well coached team.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:24 am
  • Marc Jones > Geno?? Got to wonder with a full training camp under our OC, what would our record be if we had Jones under center?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:11 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:Mac Jones is the type of QB I think PC would prefer running his offense. Someone who can take care of the ball and move the chains. He takes the plays given to him by opposing defenses.

Pete loves the deep ball. If you don't have a big arm he isn't interested.

They were looking at guys like Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes previously. Big armed guys that can move. Just like Wilson. That is what Pete wants. Steve Young, Elway, Farve, that kind of guy.

Jones would've been their lease favorite of the guys that went in the 1st round. I bet Kellen Mond was higher on their draftboard.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:49 pm
  • Fade wrote:Pete loves the deep ball. If you don't have a big arm he isn't interested.

They were looking at guys like Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes previously. Big armed guys that can move. Just like Wilson. That is what Pete wants. Steve Young, Elway, Farve, that kind of guy.

Jones would've been their lease favorite of the guys that went in the 1st round. I bet Kellen Mond was higher on their draftboard.

Yeah, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Cowherd said so. Skip Bayless dogged him for his arm. Hell, Rex Ryan calls him the QB with a pea-shooter for an arm. We've got video proof right here, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Enjoy!

olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:57 pm
  • Belichick found the next Brady somehow , and more mobile . The kid is 23 . I love it . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:09 pm
  • Does a lot of dinking and dunking. Gets bailed out by the #1 defense and great O-line. Not sure what to think.

All I know is the NFL better get ready for low super bowl ratings again because nobody is going to watch another Patriots dynasty. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Just tell Belicheat to retire.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:25 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    Fade wrote:Pete loves the deep ball. If you don't have a big arm he isn't interested.

Yeah, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Cowherd said so. Skip Bayless dogged him for his arm. Hell, Rex Ryan calls him the QB with a pea-shooter for an arm. We've got video proof right here, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Enjoy!

Mac Jones doesn't possess a big arm. It doesn't mean he has a weak arm.

Mac Jones does not fit in the category of mobile with a big arm. These are not the attributes people would use to describe Mac Jones.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:15 am
  • You just need to watch the "Mac Jones can't throw deep" video at 2X speed to see how he absolutely zips that ball in there. ;)

Mac Jones seems to have an average-ish NFL arm, which is better than his detractors were giving him credit for. Sure, he's no Mahomes or Josh Allen arm talent, but then who else is?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:22 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:You just need to watch the "Mac Jones can't throw deep" video at 2X speed to see how he absolutely zips that ball in there. ;)

Mac Jones seems to have an average-ish NFL arm, which is better than his detractors were giving him credit for. Sure, he's no Mahomes or Josh Allen arm talent, but then who else is?

Tom Brady did alright with Average Arm, Joe Montana did alright with average arm, great minds, great leadership and courage under fire gets you past a lot. There have been many players with Great arms that never amounted to anything and wasted their talent.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:30 am
  • chris98251 wrote:There have been many players with Great arms that never amounted to anything and wasted their talent.

"Hey, did someone mention my name?"
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:56 am
  • My first though was Jeff George, and sure enough, James pops his pic in there as our poster boy.
    I sorta recall people talking about a QB with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain, and that might have been a different QB than George.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:21 pm
  • olyfan63 wrote:My first though was Jeff George, and sure enough, James pops his pic in there as our poster boy.
    I sorta recall people talking about a QB with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain, and that might have been a different QB than George.

A few more to add to the list, just wonder who knows all of them.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information