Mac Jones

TAB420

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on him so far? I feel like he's been the best QB from last years draft.

toffee

Reaction score
49ers blue, they could be sitting pretty with Jones.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
TAB420":2xqpmqa2 said:
What's your thoughts on him so far? I feel like he's been the best QB from last years draft.

In the early going he indeed looks like the best. Some of the other QBs never had a chance, though, based on the situations they were drafted into. Based on statistics, only 20% of 1st Round QBs since 2000 become franchise guys.
So the odds say only 1 out of these 5 will become that guy. Maybe another becomes aight. It's looking slim that more than 2 guys pan out.

I still like Kyle Trask who was taken at the end of the 2nd round, but he will have to sit for a while it looks like.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I think pre draft he was thought to possibly be the most pro ready and that has turned out to be the case.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Fade":10c3rl4f said:
TAB420":10c3rl4f said:

In the early going he indeed looks like the best. Some of the other QBs never had a chance, though, based on the situations they were drafted into. Based on statistics, only 20% of 1st Round QBs since 2000 become franchise guys.
So the odds say only 1 out of these 5 will become that guy. Maybe another becomes aight. It's looking slim that more than 2 guys pan out.

I still like Kyle Trask who was taken at the end of the 2nd round, but he will have to sit for a while it looks like.

And he gets to sit behind and learn from the GOAT? I'm curious to see how he'll do in the future when Brady decides to hang it up.

sdog1981

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":123l73jk said:
Fade":123l73jk said:
TAB420":123l73jk said:

And he gets to sit behind and learn from the GOAT? I'm curious to see how he'll do in the future when Brady decides to hang it up.

Bruce Arians got Jamis Winston a 5000 yard 30 TD season. The dude still threw 30 picks, however, if Arians get that kind of production out of a bad QB he can make a starter out of Trask.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sean Payton has cut down JWinston's turnovers massively. He almost looks like a legit QB in New Orleans.

I always thought Arians was a terrific coach when he was with the Cards. He has SB Champion on his resume now, so that makes him smarter. Until Brady leaves and the game passes him by, of course.

kf3339

Reaction score
Mac Jones is the type of QB I think PC would prefer running his offense. Someone who can take care of the ball and move the chains. He takes the plays given to him by opposing defenses.

I think he is going to have a very good career in NE.

toffee

Reaction score
kf3339":2l9wt2sg said:
Mac Jones is the type of QB I think PC would prefer running his offense. Someone who can take care of the ball and move the chains. He takes the plays given to him by opposing defenses.

Interesting point, If Russ was traded last off season. Pete just might trade up to get Jones.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very poised for a rookie. Shoot, he doesn't look like a rookie at all. Plus, he's playing on a well coached team.

toffee

Reaction score
Marc Jones > Geno?? Got to wonder with a full training camp under our OC, what would our record be if we had Jones under center?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
kf3339":3ud64kkb said:

Pete loves the deep ball. If you don't have a big arm he isn't interested.

They were looking at guys like Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes previously. Big armed guys that can move. Just like Wilson. That is what Pete wants. Steve Young, Elway, Farve, that kind of guy.

Jones would've been their lease favorite of the guys that went in the 1st round. I bet Kellen Mond was higher on their draftboard.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fade":2lqhny1e said:

They were looking at guys like Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes previously. Big armed guys that can move. Just like Wilson. That is what Pete wants. Steve Young, Elway, Farve, that kind of guy.

Jones would've been their lease favorite of the guys that went in the 1st round. I bet Kellen Mond was higher on their draftboard.

Yeah, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Cowherd said so. Skip Bayless dogged him for his arm. Hell, Rex Ryan calls him the QB with a pea-shooter for an arm. We've got video proof right here, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Enjoy!

[youtube]9RubuOsmmFA[/youtube]

xray

Reaction score
Belichick found the next Brady somehow , and more mobile . The kid is 23 . I love it . :D

Stud

Reaction score
Does a lot of dinking and dunking. Gets bailed out by the #1 defense and great O-line. Not sure what to think.

All I know is the NFL better get ready for low super bowl ratings again because nobody is going to watch another Patriots dynasty. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Just tell Belicheat to retire.

Fade

Reaction score
olyfan63":3lhh93z8 said:
Fade":3lhh93z8 said:

Yeah, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Cowherd said so. Skip Bayless dogged him for his arm. Hell, Rex Ryan calls him the QB with a pea-shooter for an arm. We've got video proof right here, Mac Jones can't throw deep. Enjoy!

[youtube]9RubuOsmmFA[/youtube]

Mac Jones doesn't possess a big arm. It doesn't mean he has a weak arm.

Mac Jones does not fit in the category of mobile with a big arm. These are not the attributes people would use to describe Mac Jones.

olyfan63

Reaction score
You just need to watch the "Mac Jones can't throw deep" video at 2X speed to see how he absolutely zips that ball in there. ;)

Mac Jones seems to have an average-ish NFL arm, which is better than his detractors were giving him credit for. Sure, he's no Mahomes or Josh Allen arm talent, but then who else is?

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":3f28m1zq said:
You just need to watch the "Mac Jones can't throw deep" video at 2X speed to see how he absolutely zips that ball in there. ;)

Mac Jones seems to have an average-ish NFL arm, which is better than his detractors were giving him credit for. Sure, he's no Mahomes or Josh Allen arm talent, but then who else is?

Tom Brady did alright with Average Arm, Joe Montana did alright with average arm, great minds, great leadership and courage under fire gets you past a lot. There have been many players with Great arms that never amounted to anything and wasted their talent.

James in PA

Reaction score
chris98251":2zukuvoo said:
There have been many players with Great arms that never amounted to anything and wasted their talent.
Eeafa816f13b0301618038a313b769d8
"Hey, did someone mention my name?"

olyfan63

Reaction score
My first though was Jeff George, and sure enough, James pops his pic in there as our poster boy.
I sorta recall people talking about a QB with a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain, and that might have been a different QB than George.