NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 7

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST featuring two of the better teams in football. Along with two trainwrecks.

Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) AZ CARDINALS (7-0)

The is getting boring now. The teams have clearly separated themselves after only 7 weeks.

(2) LA RAMS (6-1)

Fun fact: Jarod Goff has never won a football game when Sean McVay is not his head coach. What a scrub.

(3) SF 49ERS (2-4)

Sometimes I hate being right so often, but in this case I will allow it. Kyle Bannahan is merely an OC doing an impression of a HC. Kyle is wearing too many hats (literally & figuratively) and now even his playcalling is suffering. He needs to just be an OC going forward, but that sweet, sweet, overpaid HC money won't allow it.

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (2-5)

Pete Carroll has the worst defense in the NFL. Whelp… he's now rolled up his sleeves and is looking to turn his offense into the worst offense in the NFL. Thanks, Pete. :2thumbs:

RedAlice

Reaction score
My most heartfelt comment: Cards are for real.

And it looks like Rodgers may not have Adams on Thursday night for the week I am hoping they lose.

It is fact that Goff has never won a game without McVay, but he did try really really hard to change that on Sunday. Classic interceptions and all beside the point.

nutluck

Reaction score
Can't disagree with any of that, the rankings look good, though you could debate the 9er's and hawks, right now both just look really bad.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Really uncomfortable with the fact that by the time the Rams go to SF here in a few weeks, it's likely that their last home win will have over a year ago against........the Rams.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Fade":4uq5fuf0 said:
THE NFC WEST featuring two of the better teams in football. Along with two trainwrecks.

Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) AZ CARDINALS (7-0)

The is getting boring now. The teams have clearly separated themselves after only 7 weeks.

(2) LA RAMS (6-1)

Fun fact: Jarod Goff has never won a football game when Sean McVay is not his head coach. What a scrub.

(3) SF 49ERS (2-4)

Sometimes I hate being right so often, but in this case I will allow it. Kyle Bannahan is merely an OC doing an impression of a HC. Kyle is wearing too many hats (literally & figuratively) and now even his playcalling is suffering. He needs to just be an OC going forward, but that sweet, sweet, overpaid HC money won't allow it.

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (2-5)

Pete Carroll has the worst defense in the NFL. Whelp… he's now rolled up his sleeves and is looking to turn his offense into the worst offense in the NFL. Thanks, Pete. :2thumbs:
The fact that you lost to Seattle still has you at 4 unfortunately. Seattle is literally 2 OT losses and a missed kick from 5-2. They'll be fine by week 10 and still within an outside shot at a wild card.

SF49r

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2woy65iv said:
Fade":2woy65iv said:

(1) AZ CARDINALS (7-0)

(2) LA RAMS (6-1)

(3) SF 49ERS (2-4)

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (2-5)

The fact that you lost to Seattle still has you at 4 unfortunately. Seattle is literally 2 OT losses and a missed kick from 5-2. They'll be fine by week 10 and still within an outside shot at a wild card.
Hey we're 4 losses away from being 6-0 :p

Marvin49

Reaction score
I can't in good conscience rank the 49ers any higher than 4th in the division. Yes, Seattle is in last place by virtue of having played and lost one more game, but the Seahawks have Russ coming back on the horizon.

VA49er

Reaction score
Neither team is where they want to be. Arguing over who's bad situation is worse is hilarious.

sdog1981

Reaction score
VA49er":35fblybd said:
Neither team is where they want to be. Arguing over who's bad situation is worse is hilarious.

So based on your join date this is literally your first day on .net welcome, it can be a lot of fun but mostly it is just people yelling at strangers.

EDIT:

Saw it said internet, it should have been .net

VA49er

Reaction score
sdog1981":1qnnv3wr said:
VA49er":1qnnv3wr said:

So based on your join date this is literally your first day on the internet. Welcome, it can be a lot of fun but mostly it is just people yelling at strangers.

Been watching here a while. Very entertaining.

sdog1981

Reaction score
VA49er":33ys0bqn said:
sdog1981":33ys0bqn said:
VA49er":33ys0bqn said:

So based on your join date this is literally your first day on the internet. Welcome, it can be a lot of fun but mostly it is just people yelling at strangers.

I bet it is. We are in full-blown meltdown mode right now.

VA49er

Reaction score
sdog1981":2f06t7xs said:
VA49er":2f06t7xs said:
sdog1981":2f06t7xs said:
VA49er":2f06t7xs said:

I bet it is. We are in full-blown meltdown mode right now.

Same at 49er forums. "Fire Shanahan", "play Lance", "don't play Lance". Full on hysterical meltdown.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well seeing people show up now that we look like the Titanic an hour after it hit the iceberg, not just rivals main forum flooded with posters that have not been here before also coming off as Seahawks fans.

Soon this may become a reasonable place again as the bandwagon fans and Vultures get done picking the meat off the bones.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":37rsp7ci said:
Well seeing people show up now that we look like the Titanic an hour after it hit the iceberg, not just rivals main forum flooded with posters that have not been here before also coming off as Seahawks fans.

Soon this may become a reasonable place again as the bandwagon fans and Vultures get done picking the meat off the bones.

This place was a lot more fun 2003-2005 and 2010-2012. The building part is what really gets people excited.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Marvin49":18sa5g5r said:
I can't in good conscience rank the 49ers any higher than 4th in the division. Yes, Seattle is in last place by virtue of having played and lost one more game, but the Seahawks have Russ coming back on the horizon.

Right now they don't. Geno Smith could not beat the 49ers.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
nutluck":2iygy8kh said:
Can't disagree with any of that, the rankings look good, though you could debate the 9er's and hawks, right now both just look really bad.

A couple of trainwrecks you'd say.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fade":217hab0e said:
Marvin49":217hab0e said:

Right now they don't. Geno Smith could not beat the 49ers.

Perhaps...but if things don't change significantly soon I can't see the 49ers being anything but 4th in the division at seasons end.

Too many positions underperforming. Right side of the OL is a huge issue. CB is an issue. QB is an issue. WR is an issue that surprises me as I really thought Aiyuk would excel this year. Still time left and he's getting the reps, but he's not getting the ball.

He was wide open for what would have been an 80 yard TD but Jimmy hitched like three times and couldn't get the ball off before getting deflected.

Its just a mess right now. If you watch some of the game tape you will see guys wide open and the ball doesn't come out. You will see wide open lanes that the RBs don't take.

Its just weird.

Latest posts