Washington Football Team

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I can't be the only person who chuckles everytime I say it. It's been this way for a couple seasons now, right? I hope it never changes.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was fun watching Taylor Heinicke for a while, he might be what the love child of Russell Wilson and Dave Krieg would look like as an NFL quarterback. Heinicke has Wilson's mobility, plus Krieg's rifle arm strength. Then WFT regressed and it's not been as interesting, most games aren't close anymore.

James in PA

Reaction score
At a glance, it looks like "WTF," which is so appropriate when it comes to that franchise. The name must stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Oh man, Heinicke was on fire today! Heinicke and his WFT mates *walloped* Tom Brady and the Bucs.

FWIW, my earlier post about Heinicke possessing Dave Krieg's "rifle arm strength" was accurate, but was of course also sarcasm, which I figured any longtime Seahawks fan would pick up on. If John Elway had a rocket launcher arm, then Krieg had a bb-gun arm.

Nevertheless, it's entertaining to watch the WFT highlights each week to cheer on an underdog QB. Speaking of underdog QBs, that Carolina QB PJ Walker will be fun to follow if he gets another start. I'm thinking I might have seen him play in a game against the Seattle Dragons.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Well, Taylor Heinicke now has wins this season over both SB49 starting QBs.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":310j9xse said:
Well, Taylor Heinicke now has wins this season over both SB49 starting QBs.

He has a Magic about him and a lot of Guts, can that continue and or will the league shut him down by figuring him out or does he excel?

WFT is trying to figure that out and not have egg on their face when someone else signs him and he starts.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think he's the real deal, sort of the modern day Doug Flutie leading the Bills to the playoffs leading up to the Music City Miracle game. You know, the one where Wade Phillips (on orders from Bills owner Ralph Wilson, supposedly) benched Flutie for Rob Johnson, and the Bills lost?

If anything, it seems that Heinicke is figuring out the NFL more than the league figuring him out. I think Ron Rivera would be too smart to pull a Flutie replacement fiasco on Heinicke as long as he continues to play well.

OP
OP
SmokinHawk

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Washington Football Team sure took it to the Seahawks last night. :pukeface:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
olyfan63":ew6ef86e said:
I think he's the real deal, sort of the modern day Doug Flutie leading the Bills to the playoffs leading up to the Music City Miracle game. You know, the one where Wade Phillips (on orders from Bills owner Ralph Wilson, supposedly) benched Flutie for Rob Johnson, and the Bills lost?

If anything, it seems that Heinicke is figuring out the NFL more than the league figuring him out. I think Ron Rivera would be too smart to pull a Flutie replacement fiasco on Heinicke as long as he continues to play well.

He feels like a Fitzmagic to me. Different styles, same energy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":35fvs7ct said:
He feels like a Fitzmagic to me. Different styles, same energy.

I love underdog-makes-good stories. Don't really see the Fitzpatrick comparison. Can you elaborate a little bit?
Heinicke relies on his mobility a lot, and doesn't have a very strong arm. I see him more like a weak-armed Russell Wilson who is perhaps better at reading defenses, and/or hasn't yet been figured out by NFL DCs.

Fitzpatrick strikes me as having a legit NFL arm and doesn't rely on his mobility as much. What's the comparison likeness you see with Heinicke?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Taylor Heinicke leads the WTF team to yet another 17-15 victory today! This is a pattern... strange score to have recur.

Latest posts