Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Von Miller to the Rams

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:33 am
  • Heard that Von Miller is now a Ram.

    Well that makes the next Seahawks - Rams match all that much more difficult...
    Palmegranite
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 728
    Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:53 am
    Location: CAN


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:36 am
  • Holy crap. I just saw that on Twitter. See how the chemistry of this addition works. Scary
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2815
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:50 am
  • They got him for free (moneywise) as the Broncos are paying his salary. He is a FA after the year.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3328
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 am


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:33 am
  • So a 2 and a 3 for a half season rental.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7328
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:00 am
  • Also, I don’t think Snead is finished yet. At least that’s what I am hearing.
    Rambitious
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 107
    Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:06 am
  • Rambitious wrote:Also, I don’t think Snead is finished yet. At least that’s what I am hearing.


    Good. We could still use another CB.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3679
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: Dallas, Texas


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:01 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:So a 2 and a 3 for a half season rental.

    Broncos fleeced them. That's a lot of draft capital for 9 games meaning if you don't win the super bowl this year you take it in the a$$ in terms of giving up 2 high picks for a short amount of time. I guarantee the Rams aren't winning the super bowl. Not with teams like Dallas and Tampa Bay. They'll be a one out in the playoffs again. And call me crazy but I'm still not sold on AZ as a super bowl contender.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:11 pm
  • ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So a 2 and a 3 for a half season rental.

    Broncos fleeced them. That's a lot of draft capital for 9 games meaning if you don't win the super bowl this year you take it in the a$$ in terms of giving up 2 high picks for a short amount of time. I guarantee the Rams aren't winning the super bowl. Not with teams like Dallas and Tampa Bay. They'll be a one out in the playoffs again. And call me crazy but I'm still not sold on AZ as a super bowl contender.


    Yeah that Tampa Bay, who the Rams have already beat.

    And who the Saints just beat yesterday.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3679
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm
    Location: Dallas, Texas


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:34 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    ArlosSpecial wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So a 2 and a 3 for a half season rental.

    Broncos fleeced them. That's a lot of draft capital for 9 games meaning if you don't win the super bowl this year you take it in the a$$ in terms of giving up 2 high picks for a short amount of time. I guarantee the Rams aren't winning the super bowl. Not with teams like Dallas and Tampa Bay. They'll be a one out in the playoffs again. And call me crazy but I'm still not sold on AZ as a super bowl contender.


    Yeah that Tampa Bay, who the Rams have already beat.

    And who the Saints just beat yesterday.

    Playoffs for Brady are a different monster my guy. Are you that dense? Stafford hasn’t had much post season success but more importantly they gave up draft capital for 9 games lol
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 360
    Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:13 pm
  • I mean, it makes them better right now. For sure.

    But damn, a second and third? That's a ransom for 9 games of Von Miller.

    He's still effective. And he's going to be really effective with Aaron Donald taking away the QBs ability to step up in the pocket.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6264
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 pm
    Location: UT


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:48 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:I mean, it makes them better right now. For sure.

    But damn, a second and third? That's a ransom for 9 games of Von Miller.

    He's still effective. And he's going to be really effective with Aaron Donald taking away the QBs ability to step up in the pocket.


    Yes if they don't win it all, if they do they are Geniuses, nobody will care what it cost if the Banner and Trophy is there for this year.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 37427
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:35 pm
  • Its more like a 2nd rounder only...As im sure they will get a 3rd round comp pick for Von Miller when they let him walk.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1576
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:45 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Its more like a 2nd rounder only...As im sure they will get a 3rd round comp pick for Von Miller when they let him walk.


    Maybe, it all depends on the size of the contract from a different team he signs with if the Rams don't re-sign him. A lot can happen in 9 games. That's the gamble, that's the risk. These types of situations can go either way. If he doesn't shine on the Rams, or gets injured again this season, I'll find it hard to believe that any other team will offer him a huge enough contract for the Rams to receive a 3rd round comp pick in the 2023 draft.
    MyrtleHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 116
    Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:53 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:46 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:I mean, it makes them better right now. For sure.

    But damn, a second and third? That's a ransom for 9 games of Von Miller.

    He's still effective. And he's going to be really effective with Aaron Donald taking away the QBs ability to step up in the pocket.

    If the Rams had been able to sign an identical player as a FA it would have cost them $10M for the remaining games. The Broncos are paying $9M of Miller's salary so the Rams are effectively trading a mid/high 3rd for $9M of cash/cap space. It should effectively work out at high 3rd pick value for Miller's services. If he leaves in March the Rams could get a future 6th round pick, (maybe 5th), in compensation. It's a small overpay on paper, and obviously it's a bit of a gamble. Maybe he'll choose to extend his contract with the Rams. It wasn't the Rams biggest need but most Rams fans will be ok with this move.
    flv
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 294
    Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:40 am
  • Go Hawks. The only team that matters.

    F the Rams, Sincerely.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18414
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Von Miller to the Rams
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:52 pm
  • Yikes....hopefully he's gone to another division next season...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5114
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA




It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests
cron