Von Miller to the Rams

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Heard that Von Miller is now a Ram.

Well that makes the next Seahawks - Rams match all that much more difficult...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Holy crap. I just saw that on Twitter. See how the chemistry of this addition works. Scary

seabowl

Reaction score
They got him for free (moneywise) as the Broncos are paying his salary. He is a FA after the year.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Also, I don’t think Snead is finished yet. At least that’s what I am hearing.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mjmxawb said:
So a 2 and a 3 for a half season rental.
Broncos fleeced them. That's a lot of draft capital for 9 games meaning if you don't win the super bowl this year you take it in the a$$ in terms of giving up 2 high picks for a short amount of time. I guarantee the Rams aren't winning the super bowl. Not with teams like Dallas and Tampa Bay. They'll be a one out in the playoffs again. And call me crazy but I'm still not sold on AZ as a super bowl contender.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2v7l8iv3 said:
Marvin49":2v7l8iv3 said:
Broncos fleeced them. That's a lot of draft capital for 9 games meaning if you don't win the super bowl this year you take it in the a$$ in terms of giving up 2 high picks for a short amount of time. I guarantee the Rams aren't winning the super bowl. Not with teams like Dallas and Tampa Bay. They'll be a one out in the playoffs again. And call me crazy but I'm still not sold on AZ as a super bowl contender.

Yeah that Tampa Bay, who the Rams have already beat.

And who the Saints just beat yesterday.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
RedAlice":3fywn0ag said:
ArlosSpecial":3fywn0ag said:
Marvin49":3fywn0ag said:

Yeah that Tampa Bay, who the Rams have already beat.

And who the Saints just beat yesterday.
Playoffs for Brady are a different monster my guy. Are you that dense? Stafford hasn’t had much post season success but more importantly they gave up draft capital for 9 games lol

nanomoz

Reaction score
I mean, it makes them better right now. For sure.

But damn, a second and third? That's a ransom for 9 games of Von Miller.

He's still effective. And he's going to be really effective with Aaron Donald taking away the QBs ability to step up in the pocket.

chris98251

Reaction score
nanomoz":wt7nsujl said:

He's still effective. And he's going to be really effective with Aaron Donald taking away the QBs ability to step up in the pocket.

Yes if they don't win it all, if they do they are Geniuses, nobody will care what it cost if the Banner and Trophy is there for this year.

rcaido

Reaction score
Its more like a 2nd rounder only...As im sure they will get a 3rd round comp pick for Von Miller when they let him walk.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
rcaido":23dy6uid said:
Its more like a 2nd rounder only...As im sure they will get a 3rd round comp pick for Von Miller when they let him walk.

Maybe, it all depends on the size of the contract from a different team he signs with if the Rams don't re-sign him. A lot can happen in 9 games. That's the gamble, that's the risk. These types of situations can go either way. If he doesn't shine on the Rams, or gets injured again this season, I'll find it hard to believe that any other team will offer him a huge enough contract for the Rams to receive a 3rd round comp pick in the 2023 draft.

flv

Reaction score
nanomoz":1wwf1yla said:

If the Rams had been able to sign an identical player as a FA it would have cost them $10M for the remaining games. The Broncos are paying $9M of Miller's salary so the Rams are effectively trading a mid/high 3rd for $9M of cash/cap space. It should effectively work out at high 3rd pick value for Miller's services. If he leaves in March the Rams could get a future 6th round pick, (maybe 5th), in compensation. It's a small overpay on paper, and obviously it's a bit of a gamble. Maybe he'll choose to extend his contract with the Rams. It wasn't the Rams biggest need but most Rams fans will be ok with this move.