Miller to Rams!!!

zchurch74

Reaction score
Um…….. Not good for the Hawks. They keep loading up. DAMN!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
zchurch74":36ob7ulk said:
Seen that earlier.

Always thought Miller would eventually move on from Denver.

Oh, well, maybe Geno, can be permanent QB so Russ won’t take anymore hits and get injured from the Rams…lol

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wow! The Rams get Von Miller for 2 day 2 2022 draft picks. That's a bargain for the Rams. Denver must have not wanted him. Really surprising they got so little for him.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hawkfan68":urzwuktu said:
Wow! The Rams get Von Miller for 2 day 2 2022 draft picks. That's a bargain for the Rams. Denver must have not wanted him. Really surprising they got so little for him.
Cutting their losses.

Denver trading him now is better than Miller getting injured and older and then releasing him and getting nothing in return.

PC can learn a lot from the Rams but chooses not too.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe the Seahawks can give up a their 2022 4th round pick and LJ Collier to the Broncos for Melvin Gordon. If Von Miller can be had for day 2 picks...

Rat

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2okzn9ev said:
PC can learn a lot from the Rams but chooses not too.

He did listen to that lesson about first round picks being overrated.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rams got suckered with an over the hill, injury prone LB.

"I will play well in this game. ... I'm going to have a great game," Miller told reporters. "I don't know who the tackle I'm going against is, but I'm going to kill him."

But the Browns, playing with a backup quarterback and third-string running back, won 17-14, and Miller left the game in the second quarter after injuring his ankle. He had two tackles and one quarterback hit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vo ... ar-AAPPMWj

ZagHawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":1namwq91 said:

They have a legitimate shot at the SB this year and are going all-in, good for them. The Hawks have a CHANCE to make it in as a wild card. All this does is perhaps make it even harder for the Hawks to get into the playoffs this year. But this isn't a team that historically ever shown that it can win two road playoffs games in a row (not even dreaming of three), so the Rams blockbuster trade doesn't mean much to me. And if anything shows historically what comes up also comes down, so ideally if the Rams are going up and the Hawks are down right now. Maybe when the Rams are going down, the Hawks will be coming up so that'll be a nice case of timing vs two teams battling it at their peaks in the same division.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":160pe801 said:
Rams got suckered with an over the hill, injury prone LB.

"I will play well in this game. ... I'm going to have a great game," Miller told reporters. "I don't know who the tackle I'm going against is, but I'm going to kill him."

But the Browns, playing with a backup quarterback and third-string running back, won 17-14, and Miller left the game in the second quarter after injuring his ankle. He had two tackles and one quarterback hit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vo ... ar-AAPPMWj

Miller would be the sack leader on our defense the minute he stepped into the locker room if we traded for him.

He's already got 4.5 sacks, and I don't even think he's played all his usual snaps.

IMO he'll be a monster in the Ram's D-line rotation, he won't have to carry the team like he's used to in Denver.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rams look to have some luck along with being a very good team. Sometimes the cards just align your way. Derrick Henry was injured yesterday and is out for the next game, which is against the Rams. He could be possibly out the rest of season. Too bad he wasn't out of the game in the second half of week 2.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Wow Denver got a great deal for Von. 2 high drafts picks for 9 games that's a lot of draft capital to acquire for an aging free agent at the end of the year. If the Rams don't win the super bowl this year then it's a loss for them.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
hawkfan68":8vvvqtqf said:
Rams look to have some luck along with being a very good team. Sometimes the cards just align your way. Derrick Henry was injured yesterday and is out for the next game, which is against the Rams. He could be possibly out the rest of season. Too bad he wasn't out of the game in the second half of week 2.
Cooper Kupp is also having a phenomenal year with Stafford.

Sometimes it just works out for them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Final 4 from the NFC are the Cards, Pack, Rams and Bucs.

It would be a helluva playoff!

Gotta call it how it is, these teams are playing really well (although the Bucs loss yesterday).

chris98251

Reaction score
They will let Miller heal, with Donald they can't double team him very easy either, it will open the doors for much more pressure and he has the speed to chase down Wilson and Murray still, they have to get into the playoffs and or win the division first, they just set the table to do that and do more damage after. One year rental maybe, but also seriously stepped up QB pressures.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
According to my calculations the Rams now have a 5th and two 7ths in the 22 draft. Looks like they are going all in. In '23, they only have a 2,3,and a 7. Restocking their roster going forward may be difficult at best. Not sure about their cap room to add free agents, but I'm guessing not much based on some of the marquee names they have.

Jville

Reaction score
Apparently, General Manager Les Snead is among those that think draft picks are a bit overvalued. Much better to acquire a known value than projects that may or may not develop and fit in.

Matt Stafford has sure been a plus addition.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If the Rams overtake the Cards, isn't that good for us?

We aren't winning the division anyway.

But if the Rams win the division and get the playoff bye, it means we don't have any chance to have to play them as a wildcard - at least not until the divisional game.

Isn't that a good thing?

We aren't beating the Rams anyway, so ducking them seems like one of the best options.

massari

Reaction score
Jville":1udk21mx said:
Apparently, General Manager Les Snead is among those that think draft picks are a bit overvalued. Much better to acquire a known value than projects that may or may not develop and fit in.

Matt Stafford has sure been a plus addition.
Difference being the Rams trades are for players at premium positions, who are actually great fits. And they don't seem to overpay like the Hawks.

Duane Brown was obv a great trade tho

Fade

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":27pztjvf said:
According to my calculations the Rams now have a 5th and two 7ths in the 22 draft. Looks like they are going all in. In '23, they only have a 2,3,and a 7. Restocking their roster going forward may be difficult at best. Not sure about their cap room to add free agents, but I'm guessing not much based on some of the marquee names they have.

Cap room really doesn't matter anymore in the NFL. It is extremely easy to move money around, It would take $1Billion dollars plus in guarantees to tap an NFL team out, if you follow the math, and looked to bend and stretch it as far as it could possibly go. The salary cap is a joke.

If the Rams win the Superbowl they have over $40M in cap hits at the QB position on their salary cap. (Goff's dead money + Stafford's cap hit.) That should when looking at in on the surface level, gimp them, but it in reality it clearly doesn't.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It appears clear that the Rams are going ‘all in’ this season. It is also clear that they will eventually find themselves a tad hamstrung by their cap situation but as has been observed here the cap can be manipulated to work around the problem but with no draft picks and an expensive aging roster that problem will not be as easy to work around.

Not sure though that Miller has that much juice left in the tank, he looked pretty much washed up against Cleveland last game and is hurt.

It will be interesting to observe what if any moves JS will make before tomorrow afternoon, Frankly oam not really expecting that much to happen even with >}$13 million in available cap.

LTH

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2aqfrotz said:
It appears clear that the Rams are going ‘all in’ this season. It is also clear that they will eventually find themselves a tad hamstrung by their cap situation but as has been observed here the cap can be manipulated to work around the problem but with no draft picks and an expensive aging roster that problem will not be as easy to work around.

Not sure though that Miller has that much juice left in the tank, he looked pretty much washed up against Cleveland last game and is hurt.

It will be interesting to observe what if any moves JS will make before tomorrow afternoon, Frankly oam not really expecting that much to happen even with >}$13 million in available cap.

I agree... I don't think there is much out there that is really going to help this team more than the players they have...I think its more that they have to start playing together as a unit... I think that's happening right now GB is going to be a good benchmark where this team is currently at...

LTH