Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaron Rodgers has Covid.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Aaron Rodgers has Covid.
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:24 am

Re: Aaron Rodgers has Covid.
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:53 am
  • Yeah, crazy, because only people who haven't been vaccinated can catch and spread the disease.

He'll be fine.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:25 am
  • harryjohnson wrote:Did we just catch a break? WOW!!!!

https://nypost.com/2021/11/03/aaron-rod ... accinated/

Unvaccinated? A Cal grad? What an idiot.

If you’re unvaccinated, you have to be out 10 days. Today is Wednesday. Which means Next Saturday is the last day.
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:34 am
  • Does throw up at least a couple of interesting points as he’s not vaccinated;

Did the team know he wasn’t vaccinated? Morals aside, this is an issue for protocols in the building - there are rules for those who’ve been jabbed and rules for those who haven’t - he’s been following the wrong ones, secretly or not.

Are the other players in GB’s QB room vaccinated? With a higher risk of passing on the virus if he wasn’t jabbed, what happens if they all now test positive? Is that a silly thing to be worried about? Ask Denver how it can easily get out of hand.

You can spiral (arf) from there as to how team rules, risk/availability factors to other players etc., can can dragged into it.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:36 am
  • uncle fester wrote:Does throw up at least a couple of interesting points as he’s not vaccinated;

Did the team know he wasn’t vaccinated? Morals aside, this is an issue for protocols in the building - there are rules for those who’ve been jabbed and rules for those who haven’t - he’s been following the wrong ones, secretly or not.

Are the other players in GB’s QB room vaccinated? With a higher risk of passing on the virus if he wasn’t jabbed, what happens if they all now test positive? Is that a silly thing to be worried about? Ask Denver how it can easily get out of hand.

You can spiral (arf) from there as to how team rules, risk/availability factors to other players etc., can can dragged into it.

There is no difference in transmissibility between vaxxed and unvaxxed, so the prevalence of vaxxed people in the QB room is a nonstarter. Let's just wish Aaron a speedy recovery rather than moralize from a shaky factual position.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:07 am
  • I wasn’t moralising - I did actually say “morals aside” my post - I’m looking at the potential fallout.

I’m asking whether the team knew about it - a question of how strictly are they following protocols/guidance vs turning a blind eye to their star player - and are the other QBs now positive as a result - a question of Rodgers secrecy possibly being an issue if he’s been in the QB room once he’s been infected. Again, could be a real problem, as Denver found out last year.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:48 am
  • SmokinHawk wrote:Yeah, crazy, because only people who haven't been vaccinated can catch and spread the disease.

He'll be fine.

We don't know that he will be fine. Hopefully he is. And even more so those innocents that he infected by being an inconsiderate lying POS.

He claimed he was "Immunized" Which was a crock.
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:02 pm
  • Apparently Rodgers had petitioned the league to consider him vaccinated as he supposedly underwent an "alternate treatment" but his request was denied. There's also a question about Rodgers not following protocol by not wearing a mask while indoors:

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

Sources said Rodgers follows masking protocols while interacting with players and coaches inside the team's headquarters at Lambeau Field. However, Rodgers does not wear a mask while in the media auditorium during his weekly and postgame news conferences. The Packers have put other unvaccinated players on Zoom instead of at in-person media sessions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ource-says
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:03 pm
  • harryjohnson wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Yeah, crazy, because only people who haven't been vaccinated can catch and spread the disease.

He'll be fine.

We don't know that he will be fine. Hopefully he is. And even more so those innocents that he infected by being an inconsiderate lying POS.

That's true. At his advanced age, he has a 0.005% chance of dying. Prayers for Aaron.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:11 pm
  • No arguments here.

We all know that those who are unvaccinated either have underlying health issues or, are AFRAID of needles (they’ll never admit that though).

Any other wild-ass conspiracy theory is mute at this point.

But, let’s respect others rights to choose for themselves.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:42 pm
  • Basically a rest week for him before our game.
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:43 pm
  • ArlosSpecial wrote:Basically a rest week for him before our game.

Lmao. Very true.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:49 pm
  • Apparently Rodgers had petitioned the league to consider him vaccinated as he supposedly underwent an "alternate treatment" but his request was denied. There's also a question about Rodgers not following protocol by not wearing a mask while indoors:

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

Sources said Rodgers follows masking protocols while interacting with players and coaches inside the team's headquarters at Lambeau Field. However, Rodgers does not wear a mask while in the media auditorium during his weekly and postgame news conferences. The Packers have put other unvaccinated players on Zoom instead of at in-person media sessions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/325 ... ource-says
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:54 pm
  • GemCity wrote:No arguments here.

We all know that those who are unvaccinated either have underlying health issues or, are AFRAID of needles (they’ll never admit that though).

Any other wild-ass conspiracy theory is mute at this point.

But, let’s respect others rights to choose for themselves.

"Afraid of needles", bahaha!
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:10 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Yeah, crazy, because only people who haven't been vaccinated can catch and spread the disease.

He'll be fine.

That's true. At his advanced age, he has a 0.005% chance of dying. Prayers for Aaron.

If you look up quickly, you might catch the point flying over your head..

He or the team, or both lied about being vaccinated and broke league rules. There is potential consequences for that. Not only for him but for the organization. Which means fines and/or suspensions.

Personally I hope not. I want his douchebag a** on the field.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:04 pm
  • Erin should have jumped at that Jeopardy gig when the idiot producer they hired had to suddenly step down. Now he's going to have to face the wrath of the Twitter and Tik Tok mobs, who will attempt to eat his brain.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:03 pm
  • Give him some horse paste on game day, he’ll be fine.

Hint: Better have multiple pairs of pants ready for when he literally craps himself.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:07 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Give him some horse paste on game day, he’ll be fine.

Hint: Better have multiple pairs of pants ready for when he literally craps himself.

I see you're still showing your ignorance on Ivermectin.

Keep it up, you'll get that merit badge from team blue any day now.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:43 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Give him some horse paste on game day, he’ll be fine.

Wrong.

Could be worse though, I could rely on a coked out pillow salesman for medical advice.

I think we found WA9’ers new account.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:59 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:

Wrong.

Could be worse though, I could rely on a coked out pillow salesman for medical advice.

You never did answer my question. I asked you what do you think members of congress and the senate along with the military, the VA are being treated with when they get covid?
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:17 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:

Wrong.

You never did answer my question. I asked you what do you think members of congress and the senate along with the military, the VA are being treated with when they get covid?

It doesn’t work that way Scooter. You don’t get to dictate or control the conversation.
    You’ve been here under at least 3 different accounts over the years, you should have figured that out by now.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:33 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:

Wrong.

It doesn’t work that way Scooter. You don’t get to dictate or control the conversation.
    You’ve been here under at least 3 different accounts over the years, you should have figured that out by now.

Are you on drugs?
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:50 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Wrong.

Are you on drugs?

I wish.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:53 pm
  • VA49er wrote:

I think it's hilarious that you've devoted your whole short existence here in not even defending your chosen team.

IDK, is that sadomasochistic?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:03 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    VA49er wrote:

I think it's hilarious that you've devoted your whole short existence here in not even defending your chosen team.

Maybe you should check other threads, NFC W, 49ers take the bait, just a couple of examples.

It would seem you spend most of your time on vaccination related subjects or others in an old political forum.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:22 pm
  • I don't even believe that you're the antivaxer 49er who came on before. Not really, because he would defend himself in a more sophisticated way and is actually on 49er boards under a pretty obvious alt.

I wonder, have you taken any of this to the 49er boards? You know, your actual home?

Why are you here?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:05 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    VA49er wrote:

It’s because his existence here hasn’t been short. This is Wa9’er/LivinginHawktown under a different “personality”.
    Timing, same posting style, same views, way too comfortable here for a newbie, etc etc etc.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:58 am

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:08 am
  • SmokinHawk wrote:Yeah, crazy, because only people who haven't been vaccinated can catch and spread the disease.

He'll be fine.

I’m not sure if your post is sarcasm, but the vaccinated still spread covid and double jabbed still die of covid. Best defense is to keep up on VitD3, zinc, quercetin, vit c, niacin.
    Team Slapaho
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:31 am
  • hawker84 wrote:He or the team, or both lied about being vaccinated and broke league rules. There is potential consequences for that. Not only for him but for the organization. Which means fines and/or suspensions.

Rodgers told people that he was "immunized", which doesn't necessarily mean that he was vaccinated, so like a slick lawyer, he could play word games and claim he was being truthful. But the Packers obviously knew he was not vaxxed as all players had to reveal their vaccination status to them so they knew how to treat them.

Word is that Rodgers was wearing a mask in locker and meeting rooms, but he didn't wear one during press conferences even though he was required to wear one anytime he was indoors. The fact that he wasn't treated like other unvaccinated players was a further advancement of the lie as knowing the rule concerning unvaccinated players, appearing maskless at press conferences would lead people to assume he was vaxxed.

It's a true double standard. The Packers had their other unvaccinated players appear at press conferences via zoom except for Rodgers, who not only appeared at them in person, he was maskless. IMO Rodgers should get a 4 game suspension and the Packers should lose a draft pick. This is more serious than Brady and the Pats Deflate Gate scandal.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:26 am
  • This is Rodgers. He will get a medal of courage and they'll probably award them 5 draft picks :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:59 am
  • I see a good chance of Rodgers being suspended gainst us.

He clearly misled. Lying is more than speaking an untruth.

Of course with our luck, Jordan Love will have the game that propels him into Canton and all tme greatness.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:36 am
  • rjdriver wrote:I see a good chance of Rodgers being suspended gainst us.

Of course with our luck, Jordan Love will have the game that propels him into Canton and all tme greatness.

Yup. The league treats their press conferences like a preacher treats his sermon. They fined Beast just for not showing up at them, intentionally lying in them should be considered sacrilege. IMO anything less than a 2 game suspension would be an outrage.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:16 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I don't even believe that you're the antivaxer 49er who came on before. Not really, because he would defend himself in a more sophisticated way and is actually on 49er boards under a pretty obvious alt.

I wonder, have you taken any of this to the 49er boards? You know, your actual home?

Why are you here?

I am at Webzone along with AZ and LA forums.

Do you ask everyone here that's a fan of other teams the same question?
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:29 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I don't even believe that you're the antivaxer 49er who came on before. Not really, because he would defend himself in a more sophisticated way and is actually on 49er boards under a pretty obvious alt.

Why are you here?

I'll answer for him.

Yes, it is quite common to ask a poster from another fan base why they are posting in another team's forum. Some posters come into other forums simply as trolls, to stir up things, and some of your comments seem like they are a little trollish, like "are you on drugs?"
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:49 am
  • RiverDog wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I don't even believe that you're the antivaxer 49er who came on before. Not really, because he would defend himself in a more sophisticated way and is actually on 49er boards under a pretty obvious alt.

Why are you here?

I'll answer for him.

Yes, it is quite common to ask a poster from another fan base why they are posting in another team's forum. Some posters come into other forums simply as trolls, to stir up things, and some of your comments seem like they are a little trollish, like "are you on drugs?"

Well when someone starts making off the wall comments it kinda makes you wonder if they are..

I ask him a question in another thread, instead of coming up with an intelligent answer he chose to deflect and started his incoherent ramblings.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:53 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:

He'll be fine.

He or the team, or both lied about being vaccinated and broke league rules. There is potential consequences for that. Not only for him but for the organization. Which means fines and/or suspensions.

He wouldn't have had to lie if his bodily autonomy was being respected.

Remember, the vaxx does nothing to prevent spread, so it's stupid to be mandating it.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:43 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:

Remember, the vaxx does nothing to prevent spread, so it's stupid to be mandating it.

He didn't have to lie. He chose to lie. Unvaccinated players are still allowed to play in the NFL and are only slightly more inconvenienced by Covid protocols than vaccinated players.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:13 pm
  • So he should have his OWN rules, while other players have to abide by league wide rules?
    Got it
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:29 pm
  • Chapow wrote:He didn't have to lie. He chose to lie. Unvaccinated players are still allowed to play in the NFL and are only slightly more inconvenienced by Covid protocols than vaccinated players.

IMO the reason he lied is that he didn't want to take the heat for not getting vaccinated. He was afraid it would hurt his image. He didn't want people to hang the anti vaxxer label on him and he didn't want to spend endless hours defending his decision.

In some ways, I can understand why he lied about it. The vaccine has turned into a political/social issue that is extremely divisive, and I don't blame him for wanting to stay out of that debate. But if he was that concerned, he should have just gone ahead and gotten the jab and been done with it.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:47 pm
  • RiverDog wrote:
    Chapow wrote:He didn't have to lie. He chose to lie. Unvaccinated players are still allowed to play in the NFL and are only slightly more inconvenienced by Covid protocols than vaccinated players.

IMO the reason he lied is that he didn't want to take the heat for not getting vaccinated. He was afraid it would hurt his image. He didn't want people to hang the anti vaxxer label on him and he didn't want to spend endless hours defending his decision.

In some ways, I can understand why he lied about it. The vaccine has turned into a political/social issue that is extremely divisive, and I don't blame him for wanting to stay out of that debate. But if he was that concerned, he should have just gone ahead and gotten the jab and been done with it.

So just give it to pressure? Is this how you live your life? If so I have some real quality used cars for you, cheap!
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:35 pm
  • Smokin and VA49er are trying to make it apologetics for covid skepticism, but that isn't the point.

The point is that the NFL set up rules and their union agreed. Some of said rules might not make sense to you or to Aaron Rodgers, but they are still the rules, just like you can't hit helmet-to-helmet, or you must show for media availability.

The relevant thing to NFL football is did he break the rules. Well eight unmasked press conferences, being in street clothes on sideline without a mask, partying with more than three teammates all breaks the rules.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:41 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Smokin and VA49er are trying to make it apologetics for covid skepticism, but that isn't the point.

The point is that the NFL set up rules and their union agreed. Some of said rules might not make sense to you or to Aaron Rodgers, but they are still the rules, just like you can't hit helmet-to-helmet, or you must show for media availability.

The relevant thing to NFL football is did he break the rules. Well eight unmasked press conferences, being in street clothes on sideline without a mask, partying with more than three teammates all breaks the rules.

You probably think because you're dining at a restaurant maskless you're safe because covid knows the difference.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:06 pm
  • rjdriver wrote:I see a good chance of Rodgers being suspended gainst us.

Naw, he’ll be suspended the day after they play Seattle.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:08 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    harryjohnson wrote:

Sigh, more anti-Vaxxer victim talk. Do you ever get tired of being the victim?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:14 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    VA49er wrote:

Why are you here?

I'll answer for him.

Well when someone starts making off the wall comments it kinda makes you wonder if they are..

I ask him a question in another thread, instead of coming up with an intelligent answer he chose to deflect and started his incoherent ramblings.

To steal one of your favorite lines “You still butthurt?
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:11 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:Smokin and VA49er are trying to make it apologetics for covid skepticism, but that isn't the point.

You probably think because you're dining at a restaurant maskless you're safe because covid knows the difference.

I know I'm six times less likely to get it, and over 30 times less likely to need hospitalization, than someone who didn't get the shot. Shrug.

Anyway, we're talking AR here. Since you don't think covid matters to vaccinated people, would you endorse AR playing for Kansas City? How about a full week of practice before Seattle?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:29 am
  • Wait River, you understand why he lied? Come on, these rules are in place for ALL players. IF you're unvaxxed, you have to do certain things. He literally thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Not sure why it's so hard to understand why it's ridiculous that he lied about it. He could have just NOT had the shot, and did what other unvaxed players have done. Guys like Beasley.
    Again, he's Rodgers, he doesn't think he should have to stick to rules. In his world, it's about him and nobody else.
    And the way 2021 is going for the Hawks, he'll get suspended AFTER our game :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:15 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Wait River, you understand why he lied? Come on, these rules are in place for ALL players. IF you're unvaxxed, you have to do certain things. He literally thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Not sure why it's so hard to understand why it's ridiculous that he lied about it. He could have just NOT had the shot, and did what other unvaxed players have done. Guys like Beasley.
    Again, he's Rodgers, he doesn't think he should have to stick to rules. In his world, it's about him and nobody else.
    And the way 2021 is going for the Hawks, he'll get suspended AFTER our game :?

I'm a little surprised that you'd misinterpret my statement as being sympathetic with Rodgers lying about being vaccinated. I didn't feel it required an explanation. There's a difference between empathy and sympathy.

But just so we're clear as to my sentiments, I think what Aaron Rodgers did was despicable. I understand why Rodgers might have felt the urge to lie about his being vaccinated, that he didn't want to take the heat as he knew that it was a controversial topic of which he held a minority opinion. That doesn't mean that I agree with his decision.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:34 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:Smokin and VA49er are trying to make it apologetics for covid skepticism, but that isn't the point.

Feel free to lobby Pfizer or Moderna for a vaxx that actually works and provides lasting immunity. Until then, the mandates are stupid and unconscionable policies should be disobeyed.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information