Ruggs

Elemas

Reaction score
156 mph
BAC double the limit (measured 2 hrs after the incident)
Illegal possession of a firearm (maybe due to being impaired or he doesn’t have his license)

Injuries to himself and his passenger.
The other victim likely survived the impact but burnt to death
Victim’s dog also perished.

2-20…probation is not an option. Reckless driving 1-6…could run concurrent. Not sure about the illegal possession.

I don’t see him getting less than 13-14 years.

If this was posted already, my apologies. This post isn’t groundbreaking but, I wanted to start one up. I’m sure most of us were/are already aware.

The NFLPA provides around the clock services (obviously contracted) for free rides if you’re intoxicated. They’ll also drive your car home for you.

As the NFL is “new” to Vegas and considering the nature in which that young woman suffered, I can easily see him getting the maximum sentence.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Which means 2 max. Even though it should be a lot more. NFL players seem to have their own sets of rules.

Exittium

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1bh3etxo said:
Which means 2 max. Even though it should be a lot more. NFL players seem to have their own sets of rules.

Ehh, I’d say the Judge has an opportunity here to make an example as well of this Kid. A “it doesn’t matter if your a celebrity or athlete, your not going to get away with break the laws in Vegas” type of example. Especially as an athlete. I honestly won’t be surprised is it’s roughly five or take 10 years at least. Especially with baby momma in the car and the illegal possession of a loaded firearm.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hope so. It was incredibly stupid and selfish of the guy. The NFL has a free ride program too. And it's not like this guy can't afford a damn uber.

kf3339

Reaction score
Exittium":e77bldqo said:
SoulfishHawk":e77bldqo said:

Ehh, I’d say the Judge has an opportunity here to make an example as well of this Kid. A “it doesn’t matter if your a celebrity or athlete, your not going to get away with break the laws in Vegas” type of example. Especially as an athlete. I honestly won’t be surprised is it’s roughly five or take 10 years at least. Especially with baby momma in the car and the illegal possession of a loaded firearm.

He will be very lucky to get only 10 years with his stupidity. Anything less would be a serious abuse of our justice system.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
I think he’ll get at least half. There are three major factors here.

1. Speed limit. If he were drunk, going the speed limit, and caused a death, he’d still go to jail but I’d assume it wouldn’t be 156 MPH going to jail sentencing.

2. Not just over the limit but, double the BAC limit.

3. It’s not just that the young lady died but, she suffered what many consider the worst possible way to pass away (fire).

Don’t even really have to mention the firearm possession.