Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin in Black and White

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:05 pm
  • I'll be the first to admit, I couldn't stand Kaepernick when he was playing. But this young man just continues to impress me. Here is a great docuseries to check out on Netflix...

    Seen "Colin in Black & White" on Netflix yet?

    https://www.netflix.com/us/title/802444 ... p=81265490
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:51 pm
  • The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 1383
    Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:10 pm


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:05 pm
  • MD5eahawks wrote:The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.


    Lol, ok...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:25 pm
  • MD5eahawks wrote:The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.


    Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

    This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:46 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.


    Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

    This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.


    What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

    To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:00 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.


    Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

    This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.


    What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

    To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..


    How, exactly, have you been oppressed?
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1944
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:11 pm


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:15 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.


    Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

    This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.


    What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

    To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..



    "Kaepernick was born in 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to 19-year-old Heidi Russo, who is white.[10][11] His birth father, who is African-American (of Ghanaian, Nigerian, and Ivorian ancestry) and whose identity is unknown,[12] separated from Russo before Kaepernick was born.[13][14][15] Russo placed Kaepernick up for adoption and at 5-weeks-old he was placed with a white couple named Rick and Teresa Kaepernick. The couple had two biological children: son Kyle and daughter Devon. The Kaepernicks decided to adopt a boy after losing two other sons to heart defects.[13][16][17]

    Kaepernick lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, when his family moved to California.[18][19] When he was eight years old, Kaepernick began playing youth football as a defensive end and punter. At age nine, he was the starting quarterback on his youth team, and he completed his first pass for a long touchdown.[18] A 4.0 GPA student[20] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, California, Kaepernick played football, basketball and baseball and was nominated for all-state selection in all three sports his senior year. He was the most valuable player (MVP) of the Central California Conference in football, leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball, he was a first-team All-CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of No. 1-ranked Oak Ridge High School in the opening round of the playoffs. In that game, Kaepernick scored 34 points, but future NBA player Ryan Anderson of Oak Ridge scored 50 points to lead his team to a victory.[21]

    College career
    Kaepernick received most of his high school accolades as a baseball pitcher. He received several scholarship offers in that sport, but he wanted to play college football.[18] The University of Nevada, Reno was the only college to offer him a football scholarship, and Kaepernick signed with Nevada in February 2006.[19]

    Kaepernick started his college career in 2007 with the Wolf Pack as a back-up quarterback, playing in 11 of the team's 13 games. He finished the season with 19 passing touchdowns, three interceptions and 2,175 passing yards, garnering a 53.8% completion percentage.[22] Kaepernick also added 593 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns as Nevada finished 6–7.[23]

    As a sophomore, Kaepernick recorded 2,849 passing yards, 22 passing touchdowns, seven interceptions, 1,130 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns. He became just the fifth player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season.[24] At the Humanitarian Bowl, he had 370 passing yards, three passing touchdowns, two interceptions, 15 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown, earning the game's MVP award despite his team losing the game. At the conclusion of the game, Kaepernick was designated the WAC Offensive Player of the Year. He was the first sophomore to win this award since Marshall Faulk of San Diego State did in 1992. He was also named first-team All-WAC quarterback.[25]

    In the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was selected in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[26] He decided that he wanted to continue to play football at the University of Nevada and did not sign with the Cubs.[27]

    Kaepernick finished his junior season with 2,052 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns, six interceptions 1,183 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.[28] Kaepernick led the Wolf Pack to an 8–5 record and a second-place finish in the WAC behind undefeated Boise State. He was named second-team All-WAC quarterback for the season."

    Ya such an oppressed life, I should be so lucky
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:56 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    MD5eahawks wrote:The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

    He should be a car salesman.


    Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

    This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.


    What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

    To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..



    "Kaepernick was born in 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to 19-year-old Heidi Russo, who is white.[10][11] His birth father, who is African-American (of Ghanaian, Nigerian, and Ivorian ancestry) and whose identity is unknown,[12] separated from Russo before Kaepernick was born.[13][14][15] Russo placed Kaepernick up for adoption and at 5-weeks-old he was placed with a white couple named Rick and Teresa Kaepernick. The couple had two biological children: son Kyle and daughter Devon. The Kaepernicks decided to adopt a boy after losing two other sons to heart defects.[13][16][17]

    Kaepernick lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, when his family moved to California.[18][19] When he was eight years old, Kaepernick began playing youth football as a defensive end and punter. At age nine, he was the starting quarterback on his youth team, and he completed his first pass for a long touchdown.[18] A 4.0 GPA student[20] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, California, Kaepernick played football, basketball and baseball and was nominated for all-state selection in all three sports his senior year. He was the most valuable player (MVP) of the Central California Conference in football, leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball, he was a first-team All-CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of No. 1-ranked Oak Ridge High School in the opening round of the playoffs. In that game, Kaepernick scored 34 points, but future NBA player Ryan Anderson of Oak Ridge scored 50 points to lead his team to a victory.[21]

    College career
    Kaepernick received most of his high school accolades as a baseball pitcher. He received several scholarship offers in that sport, but he wanted to play college football.[18] The University of Nevada, Reno was the only college to offer him a football scholarship, and Kaepernick signed with Nevada in February 2006.[19]

    Kaepernick started his college career in 2007 with the Wolf Pack as a back-up quarterback, playing in 11 of the team's 13 games. He finished the season with 19 passing touchdowns, three interceptions and 2,175 passing yards, garnering a 53.8% completion percentage.[22] Kaepernick also added 593 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns as Nevada finished 6–7.[23]

    As a sophomore, Kaepernick recorded 2,849 passing yards, 22 passing touchdowns, seven interceptions, 1,130 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns. He became just the fifth player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season.[24] At the Humanitarian Bowl, he had 370 passing yards, three passing touchdowns, two interceptions, 15 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown, earning the game's MVP award despite his team losing the game. At the conclusion of the game, Kaepernick was designated the WAC Offensive Player of the Year. He was the first sophomore to win this award since Marshall Faulk of San Diego State did in 1992. He was also named first-team All-WAC quarterback.[25]

    In the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was selected in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[26] He decided that he wanted to continue to play football at the University of Nevada and did not sign with the Cubs.[27]

    Kaepernick finished his junior season with 2,052 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns, six interceptions 1,183 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.[28] Kaepernick led the Wolf Pack to an 8–5 record and a second-place finish in the WAC behind undefeated Boise State. He was named second-team All-WAC quarterback for the season."

    Ya such an oppressed life, I should be so lucky


    Again, you have no clue what it means to be oppressed. Your ignorance is glaring. Just stop, you're making a fool if yourself.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:02 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

    This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.


    What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

    To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..



    "Kaepernick was born in 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to 19-year-old Heidi Russo, who is white.[10][11] His birth father, who is African-American (of Ghanaian, Nigerian, and Ivorian ancestry) and whose identity is unknown,[12] separated from Russo before Kaepernick was born.[13][14][15] Russo placed Kaepernick up for adoption and at 5-weeks-old he was placed with a white couple named Rick and Teresa Kaepernick. The couple had two biological children: son Kyle and daughter Devon. The Kaepernicks decided to adopt a boy after losing two other sons to heart defects.[13][16][17]

    Kaepernick lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, when his family moved to California.[18][19] When he was eight years old, Kaepernick began playing youth football as a defensive end and punter. At age nine, he was the starting quarterback on his youth team, and he completed his first pass for a long touchdown.[18] A 4.0 GPA student[20] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, California, Kaepernick played football, basketball and baseball and was nominated for all-state selection in all three sports his senior year. He was the most valuable player (MVP) of the Central California Conference in football, leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball, he was a first-team All-CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of No. 1-ranked Oak Ridge High School in the opening round of the playoffs. In that game, Kaepernick scored 34 points, but future NBA player Ryan Anderson of Oak Ridge scored 50 points to lead his team to a victory.[21]

    College career
    Kaepernick received most of his high school accolades as a baseball pitcher. He received several scholarship offers in that sport, but he wanted to play college football.[18] The University of Nevada, Reno was the only college to offer him a football scholarship, and Kaepernick signed with Nevada in February 2006.[19]

    Kaepernick started his college career in 2007 with the Wolf Pack as a back-up quarterback, playing in 11 of the team's 13 games. He finished the season with 19 passing touchdowns, three interceptions and 2,175 passing yards, garnering a 53.8% completion percentage.[22] Kaepernick also added 593 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns as Nevada finished 6–7.[23]

    As a sophomore, Kaepernick recorded 2,849 passing yards, 22 passing touchdowns, seven interceptions, 1,130 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns. He became just the fifth player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season.[24] At the Humanitarian Bowl, he had 370 passing yards, three passing touchdowns, two interceptions, 15 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown, earning the game's MVP award despite his team losing the game. At the conclusion of the game, Kaepernick was designated the WAC Offensive Player of the Year. He was the first sophomore to win this award since Marshall Faulk of San Diego State did in 1992. He was also named first-team All-WAC quarterback.[25]

    In the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was selected in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[26] He decided that he wanted to continue to play football at the University of Nevada and did not sign with the Cubs.[27]

    Kaepernick finished his junior season with 2,052 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns, six interceptions 1,183 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.[28] Kaepernick led the Wolf Pack to an 8–5 record and a second-place finish in the WAC behind undefeated Boise State. He was named second-team All-WAC quarterback for the season."

    Ya such an oppressed life, I should be so lucky


    Again, you have no clue what it means to be oppressed. Your ignorance is glaring. Just stop, you're making a fool if yourself.


    Neither you or CK would know "oppression" if it bit you on the ass.

    Just being black doesn't make you oppressed.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:09 pm
  • Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

    "Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

    Google is free. You should try it or read something sometime... oh and by the way, yes it does... but you know better because??????? Exactly...
    Last edited by hawker84 on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:14 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

    "Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

    Google is free. You should try it sometime.


    Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:18 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

    "Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

    Google is free. You should try it sometime.


    Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".


    I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:32 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

    "Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

    Google is free. You should try it sometime.


    Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".


    I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...


    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:51 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

    "Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

    Google is free. You should try it sometime.


    Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".


    I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...


    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.


    Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

    As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

    Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:57 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

    "Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

    Google is free. You should try it sometime.


    Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".


    I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...


    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.


    You won't get a straight answer. Some people just have a cult mentality and cling to the oppressed mindset to garner sympathy and attention. Those same people are completely ignorant of history and what most people have had to endure to just survive throughout history.

    Kaepernick sure doesn't care about oppressed people over seas making products for the company he endorses. Instead, he likes to crap all over one of the few countries that has allowed people to reap the rewards of their hard work and perseverance
    cymatica
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1783
    Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:40 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:04 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".


    I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...


    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.


    Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

    As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

    Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...


    So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:01 am
  • Couldn't stay away, huh 49er?
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4323
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:17 pm
    Location: In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history..


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:23 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...


    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.


    Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

    As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

    Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...


    So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.

    He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36539
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:25 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:Couldn't stay away, huh 49er?

    He’s on at least his “3rd personality” now.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36539
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:32 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.


    Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

    As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

    Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...


    So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.

    He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.


    It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

    I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:28 am
  • Are you surprised? People make their minds up and stick with it. Look at DK and Russ. Those guys are Satan according to many posters on this site.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18461
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:39 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Are you surprised? People make their minds up and stick with it. Look at DK and Russ. Those guys are Satan according to many posters on this site.


    Agreed, and no, not suprised. Saddened, but definitely not suprised
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:01 am
  • I haven’t seen it, and I’ll be honest when it was first announced and I saw a clip of it, of him in assuming (I could be wrong) comparing the NFL combine and other things in a Sport that got him his millions $$$ and the attention he craved, to slavery and being treated like objects and making it about race when the nfl is has a mix of a variety of races and backgrounds.. I said nope. Especially when yearly there’s alway an article that seems to come out about how he says “he wants to play in the NFL, and has stayed in shape”…, I’m sorry bruh, ya cant keep biting the hand (NFL) that fed you and expect it to keep feeding you. Especially in a documentary so you can get your point across. There are as many people have said in the past better ways to go about it with more respect and maturity.

    Does it bother me what he’s done and am I offfended? Hell no. I wasn’t even offended by his peaceful protests. But in the end He’s at least found an appropriate platform to do it, and bring awareness.
    Exittium
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3031
    Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:40 am
  • Exittium wrote:I haven’t seen it, and I’ll be honest when it was first announced and I saw a clip of it, of him in assuming (I could be wrong) comparing the NFL combine and other things in a Sport that got him his millions $$$ and the attention he craved, to slavery and being treated like objects and making it about race when the nfl is has a mix of a variety of races and backgrounds.. I said nope. Especially when yearly there’s alway an article that seems to come out about how he says “he wants to play in the NFL, and has stayed in shape”…, I’m sorry bruh, ya cant keep biting the hand (NFL) that fed you and expect it to keep feeding you. Especially in a documentary so you can get your point across. There are as many people have said in the past better ways to go about it with more respect and maturity.

    Does it bother me what he’s done and am I offfended? Hell no. I wasn’t even offended by his peaceful protests. But in the end He’s at least found an appropriate platform to do it, and bring awareness.


    Valued opinion, appreciate your thoughtful take on it. Where we disagree in some aspects, I can see your point of view. It's safe to say perception has many variables, neither right or wrong necessarily.

    I agree with your take on how you can't continue to bite the hand that feeds you and expect to continue to be embraced.

    However my feelings are, he should have never had to be in the situation he's in to begin with. He shouldn't have to still be protesting the inequality of POC in this country in 2021... that after all really is the only message here.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:12 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

    As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

    Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...


    So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.

    He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.


    It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

    I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?


    First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

    I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:34 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.

    He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.


    It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

    I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?


    First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

    I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.


    I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game.. besides I did give you an example, but like I said you didn't want to hear it.

    If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you truly want to know, educate yourself, you'll learn more...
    Last edited by hawker84 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:45 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.


    It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

    I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?


    First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

    I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.


    I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game..

    If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...


    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:50 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

    I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?


    First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

    I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.


    I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game..

    If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...


    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:03 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    First off in all this typing you've done you could have typed an example of how CK is oppressed. It's not that I can't understand more like you can't give one.

    I never said I hate CK, I just don't think he is the one that should be representing the oppressed, he clearly has never experienced oppression.


    I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game..

    If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...


    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:06 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game..

    If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...


    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.


    You can't even come up with an example of your argument. The only thing you're destroying is your own position.

    Good luck with life. Moving on now.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:12 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.


    You can't even come up with an example of your argument. The only thing you're destroying is your own position.

    Good luck with life. Moving on now.


    For those on the slow bus, I'll type it again. One example of him being oppressed, is

    "getting blackballed from the NFL for his peaceful protest".

    You want more examples. Do your own research.... :2thumbs:
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:20 am
  • come on 49. Hawker is trying to have a conversation with you. Open your mind a little.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18461
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:31 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.


    You can't even come up with an example of your argument. The only thing you're destroying is your own position.

    Good luck with life. Moving on now.


    For those on the slow bus, I'll type it again. One example of him being oppressed, is

    "getting blackballed from the NFL for his peaceful protest".

    You want more examples. Do your own research.... :2thumbs:


    CK is an employee, when you work for a company and violate their rules you get fired.

    If you do things that in the eyes of the employer make the company look bad you get fired.

    CK got fired, then hired by NIKE and other organizations. This not the definition of oppression, if it is, we've all been oppressed.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:47 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.


    You can't even come up with an example of your argument. The only thing you're destroying is your own position.

    Good luck with life. Moving on now.


    For those on the slow bus, I'll type it again. One example of him being oppressed, is

    "getting blackballed from the NFL for his peaceful protest".

    You want more examples. Do your own research.... :2thumbs:


    CK is an employee, when you work for a company and violate their rules you get fired.

    If you do things that in the eyes of the employer make the company look bad you get fired.

    CK got fired, then hired by NIKE and other organizations. This not the definition of oppression, if it is, we've all been oppressed.



    "CK got fired, then hired by NIKE and other organizations. This not the definition of oppression, if it is, we've all been oppressed".

    This quote is embarrassing for you on so many levels, and yet the truly sad part is, you have no clue why do you? You're right it is not the definition, matter of fact it has very little to do with being oppressed. I mean getting fired is an example of opression, but that's not really the big picture here is it bud?

    To the rest of your drivel, what you're claiming is complete bull and you know it. The NFL had no such rule in place about standing for the anthem. If that's the case why didn't Tebow get banned? Not to mention tons of players were still doing it long after he got canned. Whats next you gonna tell me he was disrespecting the flag...?
    Last edited by hawker84 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:07 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    I know boo boo. Life's not fair. Sorry not playing your game..

    If you don't know what oppression is by now it's because you don't want to know.. if you do, educate yourself you'll learn more...


    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.

    Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.

    But then, you knew that. :34853_doh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 22683
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:18 am
  • sutz wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.

    Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.

    But then, you knew that. :34853_doh:


    Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen. As a former soldier myself I don't have to like his kneeling during the national anthem but it's why I served to defend his right to do so.

    I still don't think he is in any way shape or form oppressed. I also don't think he should be the spokes person for those that are actually oppressed.

    His comparison of the combine to slavery is absurd. Slaves had no choice. The combine is a try out with the potential to earn millions and a choice.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:29 am
  • VA49er wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.

    Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.


    But then, you knew that. :34853_doh:


    Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen. As a former soldier myself I don't have to like his kneeling during the national anthem but it's why I served to defend his right to do so.

    I still don't think he is in any way shape or form oppressed. I also don't think he should be the spokes person for those that are actually oppressed.

    His comparison of the combine to slavery is absurd. Slaves had no choice. The combine is a try out with the potential to earn millions and a choice.


    Of course you don't. I forget you're an expert on the subject, obviously... That's all i got. Peace.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:21 am
  • Wish I could shape my shrubs that perfect . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5610
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:27 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:I'll be the first to admit, I couldn't stand Kaepernick when he was playing. But this young man just continues to impress me. Here is a great docuseries to check out on Netflix...

    Seen "Colin in Black & White" on Netflix yet?

    https://www.netflix.com/us/title/802444 ... p=81265490


    LOL! "Derp, I hated Kap as a player but I love him now because he agrees with my politics"!!!! What an amazingly shallow view of the world.

    Lets be real here, Kap has made and continues to make millons off of his "protest". He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Same with Eric Reid, calling Malcolm Jenkins a "sellout" only to take a couple million dollar payout from the NFL less than a year later. They have to be the two dumbest mother ------s to lead a movement I've ever seen because of how repulsive their acts and language were. They should've handed the reigns over to Malcolm Jenkins, who seems at least more intelligent in the matter and relays his opinion in a less retarded way.

    And I agree with the others in this thread. Kap is not a victim nor is he oppressed. Maybe he should go to a majority Muslim country or parts of Africa if they want to see real "oppression". But I get it, this is a website based in Seattle where a bunch of soy boys actually took over a few blocks last summer using nothing but their cartons of soy and Starbucks latte's. So not surprised to expect unobjective views.
    Last edited by Stud on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:33 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:29 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.


    Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

    As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

    Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...


    So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.

    He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.


    I would think a poor white family barely scrapping by, living pay check to pay check is more oppressed than Kaepernick. But I learned there's the real definition of "oppressed" and the far left version that isn't quite based in reality. The reason I say that is because the later version of oppression is to make it so that minorities are always the victims no matter the situation, and that white people are always the oppressors.

    Hence the reason, it's not based in reality.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:33 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:44 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    Oh I know what oppression is and it's not CK.

    You've spent more time deflecting than answering the question. I'm sure you can find examples of oppression just not with CK. Just admit you're wrong about him and move on.


    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.

    Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.

    But then, you knew that. :34853_doh:


    Just because he was kneeing peacefully and bringing awareness of racism that everyone already knew existed doesn't take away from the fact that it was inappropriate. The anthem is not the time nor place to hijack the memory of fallen soldiers for his own personal selfishness. Im amazed it's been 5 years later and liberals still won't accept that people were offended for that exact reason. Nope, it had to be "racism". It's like talking to a 5 year old on melatonin.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:33 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:06 pm
  • Stud wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:I'll be the first to admit, I couldn't stand Kaepernick when he was playing. But this young man just continues to impress me. Here is a great docuseries to check out on Netflix...

    Seen "Colin in Black & White" on Netflix yet?

    https://www.netflix.com/us/title/802444 ... p=81265490


    LOL! "Derp, I hated Kap as a player but I love him now because he agrees with my politics"!!!! What an amazingly shallow view of the world.

    Lets be real here, Kap has made and continues to make millons off of his "protest". He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Same with Eric Reid, calling Malcolm Jenkins a "sellout" only to take a couple million dollar payout from the NFL less than a year later. They have to be the two dumbest mother ------s to lead a movement I've ever seen because of how repulsive their acts and language were. They should've handed the reigns over to Malcolm Jenkins, who seems at least more intelligent in the matter and relays his opinion in a less retarded way.

    And I agree with the others in this thread. Kap is not a victim nor is he oppressed. Maybe he should go to a majority Muslim country or parts of Africa if they want to see real "oppression". But I get it, this is a website based in Seattle where a bunch of soy boys actually took over a few blocks last summer using nothing but their cartons of soy and Starbucks latte's. So not surprised to expect unobjective views.



    Bingo... Ck is a race Hustler and a very rich one... That thing was embarrassing on so many levels.... Jason whitlocks take is spot on.... Worth a listen
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 pm


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:15 pm
  • Stud wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:I'll be the first to admit, I couldn't stand Kaepernick when he was playing. But this young man just continues to impress me. Here is a great docuseries to check out on Netflix...

    Seen "Colin in Black & White" on Netflix yet?

    https://www.netflix.com/us/title/802444 ... p=81265490


    LOL! "Derp, I hated Kap as a player but I love him now because he agrees with my politics"!!!! What an amazingly shallow view of the world.

    Lets be real here, Kap has made and continues to make millons off of his "protest". He doesn't care about anyone but himself. Same with Eric Reid, calling Malcolm Jenkins a "sellout" only to take a couple million dollar payout from the NFL less than a year later. They have to be the two dumbest mother ------s to lead a movement I've ever seen because of how repulsive their acts and language were. They should've handed the reigns over to Malcolm Jenkins, who seems at least more intelligent in the matter and relays his opinion in a less retarded way.

    And I agree with the others in this thread. Kap is not a victim nor is he oppressed. Maybe he should go to a majority Muslim country or parts of Africa if they want to see real "oppression". But I get it, this is a website based in Seattle where a bunch of soy boys actually took over a few blocks last summer using nothing but their cartons of soy and Starbucks latte's. So not surprised to expect unobjective views.


    Oh look another Rhodes scholar on the Black American Exoerience.
    What an intuitive take. Sorry I took so long to respond, it's just super hard for me to bring myself to engage someone who actually takes the time to type the word "Derp" . All I can picture is banjos and chewing long cut chewing tabbaci...

    But question for you: Is it weird to embrace someone who shares your beliefs? Seems kind of normal to me.

    True I didn't like him as a player, because as we all know, he was kind of an a**hole, and very closed and uninviting. But now that he's opened up and is expressing himself, I find him more likeable. And I like his message, and I admire his sacrifice. So ya, I've had a 180° opinion change. Call me crazy...I just don't see what's so sinister about that. But hey like I always say, frame it how ever you need to, to make you feel better about yourself. :2thumbs:
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:21 pm
  • He played the racial " hair card ". ... " See how black I am ? " Sad on many levels .
    xray
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5610
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:29 am
    Location: AZ


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:26 pm
  • Stud wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Again already have bud. You just choose to ignore it..

    Fact of the matter is I could destroy your little quest here, but it would be a colossal waste of time. You are who you are and no examples or evidence or personal experiences i share with you is going to change your mind. And that's not my problem, it yours. Like I said you're a angry, hateful little man, who will live out his life filled with anger and hate.. So good luck with that.


    Translation: I still don't have an example of how CK is oppressed.

    Because CK was NOT protesting his personal treatment. He wasn't complaining that he was being oppressed, at least not before the insane RW rage directed at him after he rather quietly decided to kneel during the anthem. He was protesting for those who are not as well off as he was. He was protesting in empathy for those blacks who have faced inhuman treatment from police around the country.

    But then, you knew that. :34853_doh:


    Just because he was kneeing peacefully and bringing awareness of racism that everyone already knew existed doesn't take away from the fact that it was inappropriate. The anthem is not the time nor place to hijack the memory of fallen soldiers for his own personal selfishness. Im amazed it's been 5 years later and liberals still won't accept that people were offended for that exact reason. Nope, it had to be "racism". It's like talking to a 5 year old on melatonin.


    First off laughing out loud on your take about oppression. I typed it out because your take was so ridiculous and ignorant it literally made me laugh out loud. Secondly, it was suggested that he kneel by a veteran who happened to play for the Seahawks. Do you mental midgets ever do any research?

    Further more, I as a US vet have no problem with him kneeling during anthem, it's what I fought for to protect. So please do not put words in my mouth. You want to flaunt your right wing opinions, go for it that's your right, but own that S**t, don't try to seek refuge in the notion that all vets feel the way you do.. because we don't. Be a man, stand up for your own words..
    Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:30 pm
  • xray wrote:He played the racial " hair card ". ... " See how black I am ? " Sad on many levels .


    So a black man wearing a hair style that has been around for centuries is playing the race card? Do you have any idea how racist that remark is? Why can't that man wear his hair how he wants without being chastised for it? Tell the truth, that really is you in your avatar, it has to be...

    News flash Jethro, anytime a black man wants to see how black he really is, just needs to walk up and down the street at 3am. Or perform a peaceful protest during the national anthem.
    Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:53 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    xray wrote:He played the racial " hair card ". ... " See how black I am ? " Sad on many levels .


    So a black man wearing a hair style that has been around for centuries is playing the race card? Do you have any idea how racist that remark is? Tell the truth, that really is you in your avatar, it has to be...

    News flash Jethro, anytime a black man wants to see how black he really is, just needs to walk up and down the street at 3am. Or perform a peaceful protest during the national anthem.


    He didn't start wearing his hair in a fro or corn rows until it was convenient for his agenda, you know kinda like "heels up Harris" doesn't claim to be black until she feels it helps her narrative.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 pm
  • Welp, I obviously opened a can of worms here which was not my intention but I'm glad I did.

    I'll never understand why some folks get so angry when they see a person of color standing up for their beliefs, and doing whatever they can to uplift their own kind. Why does that anger some so much, in what way is that affecting you that you feel the need to lash out? There really us only one explanation....

    I'll never understand why some folks refuse to accept the fact that POC have been dealt an unfair hand in this country even to this day, when there is volumes of evidence to that suggests just that.

    We don't have to dwell on the pain of the past as long as we're working together for a brighter future. But that would mean equal treatment for all, and that's just asking a bit much.

    So what makes you so angry? If cops were out there shooting unarmed white males, I guarantee I'd be out there marching shoulder to shoulder with you in protest, why can't you do the same for us? Because it doesn't affect you?because that's the.way it's always been, and why fix something that ain't broke, right?

    This board is a microcosm of our state and country, and it's truly sad, in 2021 we are more divided than ever. And quite frankly, it's about to get much worse in a couple years.

    But what's really sad to me is that out of the 100's of posters on this site, only a handful had the courage to speak up in defense of Colin and my post, regardless if they agreed with his or my message or not.

    I'm sure you'll have a field day with this so have at it, hope it makes you feel better. I won't be replying because I won't be reading your responses. You couldn't possibly say anything more that would suprise or offend me that hasn't already been said. But I will leave you with this.

    My 6 year old grandson told me yesterday that a little white girl on his bus told him and I quote...

    "your black because your skin is dark, mine is not so I'm white, white people are better than black people". He asked me if that was true. I wanted to cry.

    6 years old and he's already having encounters with racism.. now I'm sure that little girl didn't know any better, probably just repeating what she learned at home. But my grandson will forever be scarred from that incident, and every incident in the future.

    And that VA49er is opression. Now you know. I have no delusion of hope you'll understand, but you've been whining for an example, now you have one...

    So I'll sign off and move on and leave you to your right wing Alt Right circle jerk. Enjoy your evening....
    Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:27 pm
  • VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    xray wrote:He played the racial " hair card ". ... " See how black I am ? " Sad on many levels .


    So a black man wearing a hair style that has been around for centuries is playing the race card? Do you have any idea how racist that remark is? Tell the truth, that really is you in your avatar, it has to be...

    News flash Jethro, anytime a black man wants to see how black he really is, just needs to walk up and down the street at 3am. Or perform a peaceful protest during the national anthem.


    He didn't start wearing his hair in a fro or corn rows until it was convenient for his agenda, you know kinda like "heels up Harris" doesn't claim to be black until she feels it helps her narrative.


    You're ignorance is truly astounding.
    He's been wearing his hair in a fro his whole life and got corn rows fornthe first time when he was 14. Again why do you care how he wears his hair....? And did you actually type he's trying to look blacker?

    I know this is gonna shock you, but there's nothing a black man can do to look more black. Kinda sounds silly when I say it back to you doesn't it.

    You're special, there's no denying that now.. by the way, I answered your question in my last post. You won't get it though. But then again I don't care. I truly feel dumber having talked to you these last couple days, that takes real talent. Congrats...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5115
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Colin in Black and White
Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:41 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    VA49er wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    xray wrote:He played the racial " hair card ". ... " See how black I am ? " Sad on many levels .


    So a black man wearing a hair style that has been around for centuries is playing the race card? Do you have any idea how racist that remark is? Tell the truth, that really is you in your avatar, it has to be...

    News flash Jethro, anytime a black man wants to see how black he really is, just needs to walk up and down the street at 3am. Or perform a peaceful protest during the national anthem.


    He didn't start wearing his hair in a fro or corn rows until it was convenient for his agenda, you know kinda like "heels up Harris" doesn't claim to be black until she feels it helps her narrative.


    You're ignorance is truly astounding.
    He's been wearing his hair in a fro his whole life and got corn rows fornthe first time when he was 14. Again why do you care how he wears his hair....? And did you actually type he's trying to look blacker?

    I know this is gonna shock you, but there's nothing a black man can do to look more black. Kinda sounds silly when I say it back to you doesn't it.

    You're special, there's no denying that now.. by the way, I answered your question in my last post. You won't get it though. But then again I don't care. I truly feel dumber having talked to you these last couple days, that takes real talent. Congrats...


    Talking to you feels like I'm talking to a 55 year millennial triggered by anyone that doesn't agree with you.

    You seem very thin skinned for someone that claims to be a former cop and soldier.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Next


It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests