Colin in Black and White

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

He should be a car salesman.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2ur70wsl said:
The guy is an absolute fraud. He’s a waste of time and can’t get out of his own way. He creates controversy where there is none. I don’t even think he actually believes the crap he spits.

Lol, ok...

VA49er

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":pi1zl41i said:

Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":33ywqr2t said:
MD5eahawks":33ywqr2t said:

Raised by middle class family in Turlock CA., talks about "oppression" from his 2.5 million dollar home.

This guy is a clown. Last time I check no one is forcing players to go to the combine or play in the NFL.

What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hawker84":oaes1s25 said:
VA49er":oaes1s25 said:
MD5eahawks":oaes1s25 said:

What does money or where you live have to do with opression? Do you two even know what the word means? I'll answer that for you, it has nothing to do with it. I was raised in a middle class family in the good part of town, I also happen to be a person of color, and I can assure you I've experienced oppression my entire life. Until you've walked a step in a person of colors shoes you can't possibly understand or comment on what they've been through.

To try and do so you just sound angry, ignorant, and entitled. You don't like his message fine that's your prerogative. But don't for a second think you can intelligently comment on a black man's experience in this country unless you actually are one..

How, exactly, have you been oppressed?

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":21g2cuvq said:
VA49er":21g2cuvq said:
MD5eahawks":21g2cuvq said:

"Kaepernick was born in 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to 19-year-old Heidi Russo, who is white.[10][11] His birth father, who is African-American (of Ghanaian, Nigerian, and Ivorian ancestry) and whose identity is unknown,[12] separated from Russo before Kaepernick was born.[13][14][15] Russo placed Kaepernick up for adoption and at 5-weeks-old he was placed with a white couple named Rick and Teresa Kaepernick. The couple had two biological children: son Kyle and daughter Devon. The Kaepernicks decided to adopt a boy after losing two other sons to heart defects.[13][16][17]

Kaepernick lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, when his family moved to California.[18][19] When he was eight years old, Kaepernick began playing youth football as a defensive end and punter. At age nine, he was the starting quarterback on his youth team, and he completed his first pass for a long touchdown.[18] A 4.0 GPA student[20] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, California, Kaepernick played football, basketball and baseball and was nominated for all-state selection in all three sports his senior year. He was the most valuable player (MVP) of the Central California Conference in football, leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball, he was a first-team All-CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of No. 1-ranked Oak Ridge High School in the opening round of the playoffs. In that game, Kaepernick scored 34 points, but future NBA player Ryan Anderson of Oak Ridge scored 50 points to lead his team to a victory.[21]

College career
Kaepernick received most of his high school accolades as a baseball pitcher. He received several scholarship offers in that sport, but he wanted to play college football.[18] The University of Nevada, Reno was the only college to offer him a football scholarship, and Kaepernick signed with Nevada in February 2006.[19]

Kaepernick started his college career in 2007 with the Wolf Pack as a back-up quarterback, playing in 11 of the team's 13 games. He finished the season with 19 passing touchdowns, three interceptions and 2,175 passing yards, garnering a 53.8% completion percentage.[22] Kaepernick also added 593 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns as Nevada finished 6–7.[23]

As a sophomore, Kaepernick recorded 2,849 passing yards, 22 passing touchdowns, seven interceptions, 1,130 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns. He became just the fifth player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season.[24] At the Humanitarian Bowl, he had 370 passing yards, three passing touchdowns, two interceptions, 15 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown, earning the game's MVP award despite his team losing the game. At the conclusion of the game, Kaepernick was designated the WAC Offensive Player of the Year. He was the first sophomore to win this award since Marshall Faulk of San Diego State did in 1992. He was also named first-team All-WAC quarterback.[25]

In the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was selected in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[26] He decided that he wanted to continue to play football at the University of Nevada and did not sign with the Cubs.[27]

Kaepernick finished his junior season with 2,052 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns, six interceptions 1,183 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.[28] Kaepernick led the Wolf Pack to an 8–5 record and a second-place finish in the WAC behind undefeated Boise State. He was named second-team All-WAC quarterback for the season."

Ya such an oppressed life, I should be so lucky

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":q83wahz3 said:
hawker84":q83wahz3 said:
VA49er":q83wahz3 said:
MD5eahawks":q83wahz3 said:

"Kaepernick was born in 1987 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to 19-year-old Heidi Russo, who is white.[10][11] His birth father, who is African-American (of Ghanaian, Nigerian, and Ivorian ancestry) and whose identity is unknown,[12] separated from Russo before Kaepernick was born.[13][14][15] Russo placed Kaepernick up for adoption and at 5-weeks-old he was placed with a white couple named Rick and Teresa Kaepernick. The couple had two biological children: son Kyle and daughter Devon. The Kaepernicks decided to adopt a boy after losing two other sons to heart defects.[13][16][17]

Kaepernick lived in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, until age four, when his family moved to California.[18][19] When he was eight years old, Kaepernick began playing youth football as a defensive end and punter. At age nine, he was the starting quarterback on his youth team, and he completed his first pass for a long touchdown.[18] A 4.0 GPA student[20] at John H. Pitman High School in Turlock, California, Kaepernick played football, basketball and baseball and was nominated for all-state selection in all three sports his senior year. He was the most valuable player (MVP) of the Central California Conference in football, leading his school to its first-ever playoff victory. In basketball, he was a first-team All-CCC selection at forward and led his 16th-ranked team to a near upset of No. 1-ranked Oak Ridge High School in the opening round of the playoffs. In that game, Kaepernick scored 34 points, but future NBA player Ryan Anderson of Oak Ridge scored 50 points to lead his team to a victory.[21]

College career
Kaepernick received most of his high school accolades as a baseball pitcher. He received several scholarship offers in that sport, but he wanted to play college football.[18] The University of Nevada, Reno was the only college to offer him a football scholarship, and Kaepernick signed with Nevada in February 2006.[19]

Kaepernick started his college career in 2007 with the Wolf Pack as a back-up quarterback, playing in 11 of the team's 13 games. He finished the season with 19 passing touchdowns, three interceptions and 2,175 passing yards, garnering a 53.8% completion percentage.[22] Kaepernick also added 593 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns as Nevada finished 6–7.[23]

As a sophomore, Kaepernick recorded 2,849 passing yards, 22 passing touchdowns, seven interceptions, 1,130 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns. He became just the fifth player in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 or more yards in a single season.[24] At the Humanitarian Bowl, he had 370 passing yards, three passing touchdowns, two interceptions, 15 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown, earning the game's MVP award despite his team losing the game. At the conclusion of the game, Kaepernick was designated the WAC Offensive Player of the Year. He was the first sophomore to win this award since Marshall Faulk of San Diego State did in 1992. He was also named first-team All-WAC quarterback.[25]

In the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was selected in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[26] He decided that he wanted to continue to play football at the University of Nevada and did not sign with the Cubs.[27]

Kaepernick finished his junior season with 2,052 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns, six interceptions 1,183 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.[28] Kaepernick led the Wolf Pack to an 8–5 record and a second-place finish in the WAC behind undefeated Boise State. He was named second-team All-WAC quarterback for the season."

Again, you have no clue what it means to be oppressed. Your ignorance is glaring. Just stop, you're making a fool if yourself.

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":1flruegm said:
VA49er":1flruegm said:
hawker84":1flruegm said:
VA49er":1flruegm said:

College career

Again, you have no clue what it means to be oppressed. Your ignorance is glaring. Just stop, you're making a fool if yourself.

Neither you or CK would know "oppression" if it bit you on the ass.

Just being black doesn't make you oppressed.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

"Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

Google is free. You should try it or read something sometime... oh and by the way, yes it does... but you know better because??????? Exactly...

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":1riqayub said:
Boy the ignorance is deep with this one. Careful your horns are showing. But I'll play. Show me in this definition where it says oppressed people can't be well off or live in nice houses. I'll wait.

"Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium. Oppression may be overt or covert, depending on how it is practiced".

Google is free. You should try it sometime.

Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":27qtkntr said:
hawker84":27qtkntr said:

Based on your own definition please enlighten us on how CK is oppressed or has experienced oppression. CK is half white, based on his life I'd say he cashed in on that mystical thing some idiotic liberals call "white privilege". CK has and continues to live a life far from that of one that is "oppressed".

I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":1o7soi62 said:
VA49er":1o7soi62 said:
hawker84":1o7soi62 said:

I'm half white too, doesn't mean Jack s**t. If your half black in this country, you're black. Period....You're just being silly now... and seriously bud, you really need to learn the definition of the word. Because it's painfully obvious you have no clue what the word really means...

You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
VA49er":2lbatndb said:
hawker84":2lbatndb said:
VA49er":2lbatndb said:
hawker84":2lbatndb said:

You deflect, that doesn't address my question. Again show me how CK has experienced oppression. You claim to know the definition, so give us an example.

Well we can start by getting blackballed by the league for kneeling.

As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...

cymatica

Reaction score
VA49er":i2dqsiy4 said:
hawker84":i2dqsiy4 said:
VA49er":i2dqsiy4 said:
hawker84":i2dqsiy4 said:

You won't get a straight answer. Some people just have a cult mentality and cling to the oppressed mindset to garner sympathy and attention. Those same people are completely ignorant of history and what most people have had to endure to just survive throughout history.

Kaepernick sure doesn't care about oppressed people over seas making products for the company he endorses. Instead, he likes to crap all over one of the few countries that has allowed people to reap the rewards of their hard work and perseverance

VA49er

Reaction score
hawker84":3temcdv0 said:
VA49er":3temcdv0 said:
hawker84":3temcdv0 said:
VA49er":3temcdv0 said:

As far all the instances I obviously can't speak on those, I never spent a day with the man. What I can tell you is, as a person of color, before he was who he is, even today,, he experiences bigotry and racism just like every other person of color in this country has. I can go all day on my experiences as a mixed person if color, raised in a middle class neighborhood being 1 of 10 black students in the school, but you don't want to hear the truth. Doesnt fit your agenda.

Critical learning my ass, it's called American history... lol. I'm done. Enjoy the rest of your angry little life...

So basically no answer, ok got it, thanks for sharing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
VA49er":3b9hskwb said:
hawker84":3b9hskwb said:
VA49er":3b9hskwb said:
hawker84":3b9hskwb said:

He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cm6x0of said:
VA49er":2cm6x0of said:
hawker84":2cm6x0of said:
VA49er":2cm6x0of said:

He can explain it to you, but he can’t understand it for you.

It's a waste of time trying. Folks like this don't want to hear the truth, they've already made their minds up years ago, I could type responses till my fingers bleed and it won't change a thing. So why bother. They're just looking for a fight. It's sad folks go through life with so much anger and hatred.

I mean seriously the real question is, why do they really hate Colin, what did he do to them? What did he do to affect their life to the point where they hate him? Such a strong emotion, certainly he did something other than just protest?