OBJ Question

Aircrew

Reaction score
Word around the campfire is the Browns may release Odell Beckham Jr. If that were to happen, what is the consensus among Seahawks fans about taking a flyer on him for the rest of the year? I say yes but the obvious result is someone else has to be cut, which may rule it out.

Yea or nay?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Normally no.

But this is one of the few things that Pete Carroll can still do well.

For some reason, Pete seems to take problem children and decent % of the time (though still not 50), turn them into productive players. If it doesn't work out, then you cut him, and it might end up being a Josh Gordon thing where you try it and it just does not work.

But you might as well bring in Wilson, Lockett, and Metcalf to ask them what they think.

If they think it would help, might be worth the risk because right now - we aren't good enough.

Watch the Pats get him and turn him into a stud again though.

Chapow

Reaction score
Isn't one of the current criticisms of this team that we underutilize the guys that we already have?

Bringing in a guy whose Dad complains on social media that he isn't getting enough targets probably isn't going to help the situation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now that I see it would only cost a million for 2021, AND no guarantee in 2022 and 2023? I stand corrected. He could help this team.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There are eight teams ahead of the Seahawks on the waiver wire right now. That will change probably somewhat by next week but I don't see those eight teams passing on him for it even to be a consideration.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why would we want Percy back, ummm OBJ I mean, his stops are like a bomb dropped where ever he is and complaining and stirs up trouble. Oh and how often does he even play?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, at least it would give people someone else to blast after every game. Most of it goes towards DK, because he somehow is a locker room cancer :?

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm no fan of OBJ but if you can sign him for cheap i'd probably take a shot. If this team is gonna win its gonna do so with Russ having to make plays. OBJ as your 3rd option sounds better then Freddie Swain or Penny Hart. Low risk high reward kind of a move to me.

94Smith

Reaction score
Does OBJ play defense? You guys are pretty stacked at reciever.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not saying he’s an angel but, his demeanor seems to be quite a bit different than his NY Giants days.

From what I’ve read, some of the plays where he’s been open haven’t necessarily been scripted. All receivers do what they have to do to get open and that doesn’t mean following the exact route every single play (such as the ones shown in that video his dad shared).

Baker doesn’t adjust well to non-scripted routes and OBJ appears to break from his routes quite often. I could see him thriving in Seattle with Russ. Like it or not, our QB leaves the pocket quite often and is great at getting the ball to the open man on “busted” plays.

I’d take OBJ in a heartbeat.

Note…he has been quite during this fiasco. Old OBJ would’ve blew up long ago.

If we can’t get him for cheap, he’d be worth the 8-10.

Threedee

Reaction score
My biggest complaint about OBJ is always going to be that when Josh Norman moved from Charlotte to Andover, their 2015 feud didn't transform into the most epic rivalry in NFL history. It never really became a thing, at all.

hawks85

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1maz81va said:
There are eight teams ahead of the Seahawks on the waiver wire right now. That will change probably somewhat by next week but I don't see those eight teams passing on him for it even to be a consideration.

OBJ cleared waivers so he's a FA and can go anywhere he wants. The only downfall is that whoever picks him up will also pickup the 7 million he's owed this year unless a work around can be done

balakoth

Reaction score
Whoever posted above... No..

he cleared waivers therefore Browns have to cover 4.5

Does anyone read ANYTHING anymore?

balakoth

Reaction score
hawks85":2hfchqqv said:
bmorepunk":2hfchqqv said:

OBJ cleared waivers so he's a FA and can go anywhere he wants. The only downfall is that whoever picks him up will also pickup the 7 million he's owed this year unless a work around can be done

Wrong on all levels

balakoth

Reaction score
balakoth":3y3eerpi said:
hawks85":3y3eerpi said:
bmorepunk":3y3eerpi said:

Wrong on all levels

A team would have had to cover that had he been claimed off of waivers.. per.. multiple basic sources .

if he cleared waivers.. browns owe him and we would only have to pay the difference

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
balakoth":2gb8vf9y said:
Whoever posted above... No..

he cleared waivers therefore Browns have to cover 4.5

Does anyone read ANYTHING anymore?
No they don't. They read someone else's post that is completely wrong and repeat. The disease runs through all topics and every thread.