Mike White, new HOF QB for the JETS??!!???

olyfan63

Reaction score
Who is this guy??!! How did the Hawks miss out on him, overlooking a player from a traditional QB-producing factory like Western Kentucky? They are approaching the status of ND State (Wentz and Lance) as an NFL QB factory.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/11/accolad ... night.html

So it only took 3 seasons of NFL clipboard holding for White to turn into an overnight sensation. Dude looked like Brady picking apart the Bengals and bringing the Jets?? back from a two-score deficit in the 4th quarter to win. Unbelievable poise, decisive, accurate, and clearly the Jets team believes in him and fought tooth and nail and pull out an unlikely win.

OK, so it's a little early to be anointing Mike White as the next Tom Brady, but he did set a record for most passes completed in a QB's first NFL start, and his jersey is in Canton already.

Whatdya guys think? Will White bomb in his second start tonight against the Colts? Or prove he is the real deal, maybe the 2nd coming of Kurt Warner?

[youtube]xehJhctWu-o[/youtube]

VA49er

Reaction score
olyfan63":1mj8uue3 said:
Who is this guy??!! How did the Hawks miss out on him, overlooking a player from a traditional QB-producing factory like Western Kentucky? They are approaching the status of ND State (Wentz and Lance) as an NFL QB factory.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2021/11/accolad ... night.html

So it only took 3 seasons of NFL clipboard holding for White to turn into an overnight sensation. Dude looked like Brady picking apart the Bengals and bringing the Jets?? back from a two-score deficit in the 4th quarter to win. Unbelievable poise, decisive, accurate, and clearly the Jets team believes in him and fought tooth and nail and pull out an unlikely win.

OK, so it's a little early to be anointing Mike White as the next Tom Brady, but he did set a record for most passes completed in a QB's first NFL start, and his jersey is in Canton already.

Whatdya guys think? Will White bomb in his second start tonight against the Colts? Or prove he is the real deal, maybe the 2nd coming of Kurt Warner?

[youtube]xehJhctWu-o[/youtube]

I think there's no real tape on him yet.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wow he just threw a 19-yard touchdown catch. Wide open but still. I'm amazed he's doing this well as a backup.

Chapow

Reaction score
I think he's got a pretty massive uphill battle in front of him because he plays for the Jets. That franchise can absolutely ruin any player, no matter how talented, and they specialize in ruining quarterbacks.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, and he's hurt. Josh Johnson gave a good effor though, but the game itself is a snore. Probably less of one if White were on deck.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
So of course Mike White gets injured in the first half...

Josh Johnson looked like an actual NFL QB back there filling in for White and Wilson. It was all a moot point because the Jets defense couldn't stop Wentz and Taylor all night. The Jets D actually stopped Joe Burrow and Mixon and Cincy O a few times.

I thought this Saleh guy was supposed to be a defensive guru yet his Jets D gets lit up by Indy for a 45 burger? Then it turns out Saleh is secretly a QB whisperer?

Actually Saleh is looking like he could turn out to be a decent HC. Jets are a young team. I wish him well.