NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 9

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST featuring two of the better teams in football. Along with two dysfunctional messes.

Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) AZ CARDINALS (8-1)

The Cardinals missing half of their team, and their starting QB, took the 49ers out behind the woodshed on the road with Colt freaking McCoy.

(2) LA RAMS (7-2)

Matt Stafford looked bad on National TV again. I think it is pretty clear he isn't comfortable under the bright lights. He's been one of the leagues best playing in the morning slot against the dregs of the NFL. Something to continue to monitor.

(3) SEA SEAHAWKS (3-5)

Despite it being a bye for the Seahawks, they improved their standing tremendously with most results around the league going their way.

(4) SF 49ERS (3-5)

Fun Fact: Kyle Shanahan has a lower winning % than Chip Kelly. :shock:

Fun Fact #2: The 49ers are the 5th oldest team in the NFL.

Fun Fact #3: The 49ers have no 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts.

Where are they going?

Kyle Shanahan has mismanaged nearly everything pertaining to the 49ers. His botching of the QB spot is merely a microcosm. The team has a litany of issues beyond QB and Kyle is the ringleader of this circus.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
SF may be a victim of reading their own PR. Or the NFL's PR. There was a lot of hype about John Lynch, Shan, Robert (be careful what you wish for) Saleh, et al a few years back, but it's turned out to be just that: Hype. Weird.

Also, never underestimate the NFL's tendency to try and revive Legacy Teams, even if they haven't won the SB since the top show on television was Seinfeld.

Related: How is it some players manage to stick around forever when they miss a bunch of games due to injury, or off-field misadventures, etc? Garrapo has been rickety at best, yet, there he still is. Wouldn't you bring Bortles in at some point? Ha.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Fade":fm3aqnng said:
THE NFC WEST featuring two of the better teams in football. Along with two dysfunctional messes.

Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) AZ CARDINALS (8-1)

The Cardinals missing half of their team, and their starting QB, took the 49ers out behind the woodshed on the road with Colt freaking McCoy.

(2) LA RAMS (7-2)

Matt Stafford looked bad on National TV again. I think it is pretty clear he isn't comfortable under the bright lights. He's been one of the leagues best playing in the morning slot against the dregs of the NFL. Something to continue to monitor.

(3) SEA SEAHAWKS (3-5)

Despite it being a bye for the Seahawks, they improved their standing tremendously with most results around the league going their way.

(4) SF 49ERS (3-5)

Where are they going?

Kyle Shanahan has mismanaged nearly everything pertaining to the 49ers. His botching of the QB spot is merely a microcosm. The team has a litany of issues beyond QB and Kyle is the ringleader of this circus.

Are you counting the Seahawks game as a bad one for Stafford? I know he played a bad first half, but finished out decently.

The other two nationally televised games were against the Bears and Bucs (pretty much nationally televised) and he was nearly perfect in both.

This was really his first awful game overall.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2qclnx4c said:
Fade":2qclnx4c said:

(1) AZ CARDINALS (8-1)

(2) LA RAMS (7-2)

(3) SEA SEAHAWKS (3-5)

(4) SF 49ERS (3-5)

Where are they going?

Are you counting the Seahawks game as a bad one for Stafford? I know he played a bad first half, but finished out decently.

The other two nationally televised games were against the Bears and Bucs (pretty much nationally televised) and he was nearly perfect in both.

Stafford scares no one in the post season guy

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
AubHawk71":3sfk7yun said:
SF may be a victim of reading their own PR. Or the NFL's PR. There was a lot of hype about John Lynch, Shan, Robert (be careful what you wish for) Saleh, et al a few years back, but it's turned out to be just that: Hype. Weird.

Also, never underestimate the NFL's tendency to try and revive Legacy Teams, even if they haven't won the SB since the top show on television was Seinfeld.

Related: How is it some players manage to stick around forever when they miss a bunch of games due to injury, or off-field misadventures, etc? Garrapo has been rickety at best, yet, there he still is. Wouldn't you bring Bortles in at some point? Ha.
You take Jared Lorenzen and Rex Grossman.... mash them up and you get Jimmy "I'll fake another injury for Lynch" G

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3sa0kjco said:

Yes, he threw a pick to Jamal Adams that would've flipped the game. Only Jamal Adams played the ball horribly and gave up the long reception.

Stafford was crap again on Monday Night.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":1xi6oew6 said:
Ramfan128":1xi6oew6 said:

Yes, he threw a pick to Jamal Adams that would've flipped the game. Only Jamal Adams played the ball horribly and gave up the long reception.

Stafford was crap again on Monday Night.
McVay is a genius, may be he could fix Stafford.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk