Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bears getting the shaft

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:01 pm
  • I’m all for an NFC loss (as long as it isn’t the Hawks) but, my goodness.
    GemCity
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:03 pm
  • Didn't we lose a game late due to a phantom penalty on Marsh several years ago?
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3393
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:05 pm
  • I’m not sure. Poor dude was just called up from the practice squad today. Makes a great play and then..
    GemCity
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:56 pm


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:30 pm
  • This video gives zero context. But his face suggests something was off.



    Oh, and apparently the NFL doesn't share its incompetence with us...
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3393
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:34 pm
  • Gee, Stealers being the beneficiaries of crooked officiating? Never seen that before. It was hard to root for either team. Still, it was in our best interest that Chicago lost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2068
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:00 pm
  • They got shafted several times 8n that game. The ref backed into Marsh as he went by ready to flag him for taunting. That entire sequence is embarrassing.

    The Bears didn't help themselves with a bunch of neutral zone infraction, but they got screwed. Phantom low block wipes away a TD and they settle for 3. That doesn't happen, all things equal, the steelers need a TD to win at the end
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 827
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:03 pm
  • You think this bad, watch when the Hawks play AZ. Every game I have seen AZ play its like they're this years NFL Golden Child.
    VA49er
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:08 am
  • James in PA wrote:Gee, Stealers being the beneficiaries of crooked officiating? Never seen that before. It was hard to root for either team. Still, it was in our best interest that Chicago lost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The NFL will steer the Cowboys and Stealers into the playoffs whenever possible.

    Simple economics. Bigger fanbases buy more playoffs and Super Bowl swag.
    Rog is well aware of this fact.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 36484
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:55 am
  • What a pathetic call. Yet again. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18414
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:07 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    James in PA wrote:Gee, Stealers being the beneficiaries of crooked officiating? Never seen that before. It was hard to root for either team. Still, it was in our best interest that Chicago lost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The NFL will steer the Cowboys and Stealers into the playoffs whenever possible.

    Simple economics. Bigger fanbases buy more playoffs and Super Bowl swag.
    Rog is well aware of this fact.


    It's funny that a Pittsburgh franchise is considered big. Obviously, the century-long history of success in GB, and half-century of success in Pittsburgh, makes those markets large. Otherwise the league would overlook the fact that Houston is winless and treat them favourably.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3393
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:11 am
  • The only thing I can think of is that Marsh said something that drew the penalty. Otherwise, there was no reason whatsoever for that flag. I wish that they'd give us a little more detailed explanation, like "personal foul, taunting/verbal abuse" or something of that sort.

    Even if he did say something abusive, I hate seeing game changing penalties like that called late in the game. If you're going to call something ticky tacky in the first quarter to set the tone and send a message to both teams that you're not going to tolerate stuff like that, I'm OK with it even if I don't like the call.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2281
    Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 am
    Location: Kennewick, WA


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:38 am
  • It's past time; usher in "sky judge"
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2703
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:27 am
  • RiverDog wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Marsh said something that drew the penalty. Otherwise, there was no reason whatsoever for that flag. I wish that they'd give us a little more detailed explanation, like "personal foul, taunting/verbal abuse" or something of that sort.

    Even if he did say something abusive, I hate seeing game changing penalties like that called late in the game. If you're going to call something ticky tacky in the first quarter to set the tone and send a message to both teams that you're not going to tolerate stuff like that, I'm OK with it even if I don't like the call.



    I've been trying to figure out this chicken and egg situation. Do players commit more penalties late in the game due to fatigue and pressure? Do the refs get overly ticky tack because they 'Want to get it right' when the game is on the line? All of the above?

    At any rate, the NFL's annual Point of Emphasis penalties, while good intentions, are deciding too many games per usual. Taunting and defensive illegal shift/formation, among others. And the perennial subjective holding calls late in the game...are they trying to keep the train on the tracks, or overreacting? Both maybe.
    AubHawk71
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 314
    Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:46 pm


Re: Bears getting the shaft
Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:59 pm
  • Another Pro Pittsburgh referee! He was itching to throw that flag! That's why he hip checked Cassius, to justify the flag!

    Blatant cheating! Yet the NFL will pretend nothing happened...nothing to see here... :34853_doh:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 21298
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska




It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests