Bears getting the shaft

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m all for an NFC loss (as long as it isn’t the Hawks) but, my goodness.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m not sure. Poor dude was just called up from the practice squad today. Makes a great play and then..

Threedee

Reaction score
This video gives zero context. But his face suggests something was off.

[youtube]i87pjB4PtIk[/youtube]

Oh, and apparently the NFL doesn't share its incompetence with us...

James in PA

Reaction score
Gee, Stealers being the beneficiaries of crooked officiating? Never seen that before. It was hard to root for either team. Still, it was in our best interest that Chicago lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
They got shafted several times 8n that game. The ref backed into Marsh as he went by ready to flag him for taunting. That entire sequence is embarrassing.

The Bears didn't help themselves with a bunch of neutral zone infraction, but they got screwed. Phantom low block wipes away a TD and they settle for 3. That doesn't happen, all things equal, the steelers need a TD to win at the end

VA49er

Reaction score
You think this bad, watch when the Hawks play AZ. Every game I have seen AZ play its like they're this years NFL Golden Child.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":2dmpgvkq said:
Gee, Stealers being the beneficiaries of crooked officiating? Never seen that before. It was hard to root for either team. Still, it was in our best interest that Chicago lost.

The NFL will steer the Cowboys and Stealers into the playoffs whenever possible.

Simple economics. Bigger fanbases buy more playoffs and Super Bowl swag.
Rog is well aware of this fact.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2uwwlvom said:
James in PA":2uwwlvom said:

The NFL will steer the Cowboys and Stealers into the playoffs whenever possible.

Simple economics. Bigger fanbases buy more playoffs and Super Bowl swag.
Rog is well aware of this fact.

It's funny that a Pittsburgh franchise is considered big. Obviously, the century-long history of success in GB, and half-century of success in Pittsburgh, makes those markets large. Otherwise the league would overlook the fact that Houston is winless and treat them favourably.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that Marsh said something that drew the penalty. Otherwise, there was no reason whatsoever for that flag. I wish that they'd give us a little more detailed explanation, like "personal foul, taunting/verbal abuse" or something of that sort.

Even if he did say something abusive, I hate seeing game changing penalties like that called late in the game. If you're going to call something ticky tacky in the first quarter to set the tone and send a message to both teams that you're not going to tolerate stuff like that, I'm OK with it even if I don't like the call.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
RiverDog":10q23p24 said:
The only thing I can think of is that Marsh said something that drew the penalty. Otherwise, there was no reason whatsoever for that flag. I wish that they'd give us a little more detailed explanation, like "personal foul, taunting/verbal abuse" or something of that sort.

Even if he did say something abusive, I hate seeing game changing penalties like that called late in the game. If you're going to call something ticky tacky in the first quarter to set the tone and send a message to both teams that you're not going to tolerate stuff like that, I'm OK with it even if I don't like the call.

I've been trying to figure out this chicken and egg situation. Do players commit more penalties late in the game due to fatigue and pressure? Do the refs get overly ticky tack because they 'Want to get it right' when the game is on the line? All of the above?

At any rate, the NFL's annual Point of Emphasis penalties, while good intentions, are deciding too many games per usual. Taunting and defensive illegal shift/formation, among others. And the perennial subjective holding calls late in the game...are they trying to keep the train on the tracks, or overreacting? Both maybe.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Another Pro Pittsburgh referee! He was itching to throw that flag! That's why he hip checked Cassius, to justify the flag!

Blatant cheating! Yet the NFL will pretend nothing happened...nothing to see here... :34853_doh: