Will the Rams flame out?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Okay.

Been watching for a few weeks now as they add all the superstar pieces.

Question: Are all of these superstar/big headed personalities too much to coach/manage? Will they flame out under their own weight?

The Titans took care of them, but I didn't catch the whole game. I honestly don't really know how much draft capital they've mortgaged in the future for this 'run right now' - although, that's honestly secondary to the question.

Secondary question: Will the massive lawsuit be a distraction and 'help' them flame out? I think the answer to this is no, as I can't see how it really affects field personnel.

Legit questions IMO ;) <edit> And, PS, I understand we're not playing them for the division at this point. Just sayin.

:0190l:

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
All we have is Russ, DK and Jamal to manage but these guys stay out of trouble off the field as well. Bobby is probably on his last contract before retiring. We just need to manage the game plan like we did early in Russ's career and play solid defense and the wins will start stacking up again. DK and Jamal are freaks I wouldn't trade either one of em they're both productive and can take over games with obvious elite playmaking ability. Just let Pete coach and stay in the lanes and we'll be fine guy

GO HAWKS!!!!

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":20qd7oib said:
All we have is Russ, DK and Jamal to manage but these guys stay out of trouble off the field as well. Bobby is probably on his last contract before retiring. We just need to manage the game plan like we did early in Russ's career and play solid defense and the wins will start stacking up again. DK and Jaal are freaks I wouldn't trade either one of em they're both productive and can take over games with obvious elite playmaking ability. Just let Pete coach and stay in the lanes and we'll be fine guy

GO HAWKS!!!!

I was actually talking about the rams, not us? ;)

keasley45

Reaction score
I think the Rams are riding a razors edge when it comes to their success so far. Their success on offense is predicated on timing and precision. Knock them off their spot a bit the way Tennessee did and you see what can happen.
They dont have the same strength on defense as they did in years past. Yes, they've added some pieces, but it remains to be seen whether they'll see the increase in performance that everyone seems to think they will. ObJ is past his prime and as of today isn't even an added piece, but a replacement for Woods. V Miller is past his prime as well. Both have had major injuries recently.. And Stafford on a weekly basis seems like he's on the verge of some sort of injury - he's tough, but perpetualy dinged.

Without the dominant D and an attack on offense that relies on everything functioning 'just right', I get the feeling they aren't going to be as well suited to win in the post season or toward season's end.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
keasley45":2bhlxy6r said:
I think the Rams are riding a razors edge when it comes to their success so far. Their success on offense is predicated on timing and precision. Knock them off their spot a bit the way Tennessee did and you see what can happen.
They dont have the same strength on defense as they did in years past. Yes, they've added some pieces, but it remains to be seen whether they'll see the increase in performance that everyone seems to think they will. ObJ is past his prime and as of today isn't even an added piece, but a replacement for Woods. V Miller is past his prime as well. Both have had major injuries recently.. And Stafford on a weekly basis seems like he's on the verge of some sort of injury - he's tough, but perpetualy dinged.

Without the dominant D and an attack on offense that relies on everything functioning 'just right', I get the feeling they aren't going to be as well suited to win in the post season or toward season's end.

I agree. I think they might be setup for a worse 2nd half of the season - perhaps the opposite of the Hawks.

Donald/Miller is the duo that terrify me. Was kinda looking to see if people thought that was overrated, and you kind of alluded to the fact that at least Miller might be.

Hasselbeck's take on a recent 710 was pretty passive aggressive against Stafford. Basically said that he's on/off. Also said that he should be playing better and have better field/ball awareness during the games.

I'd be happy if they imploded, and/or had a skid second half of the season. My god, I certainly don't want them winning a superbowl in their fancy new stadium.

And the lawsuit?

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
ddores":u1hzpg1c said:
ArlosSpecial":u1hzpg1c said:
All we have is Russ, DK and Jamal to manage but these guys stay out of trouble off the field as well. Bobby is probably on his last contract before retiring. We just need to manage the game plan like we did early in Russ's career and play solid defense and the wins will start stacking up again. DK and Jaal are freaks I wouldn't trade either one of em they're both productive and can take over games with obvious elite playmaking ability. Just let Pete coach and stay in the lanes and we'll be fine guy

GO HAWKS!!!!

I was actually talking about the rams, not us? ;)
LMAO my bad. About the Rams I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't trust Stafford advancing them in the playoffs and they'll end the season like last year which is holding their nutts without a title lol

Rat

Reaction score
ddores":1555pdmd said:
Question: Are all of these superstar/big headed personalities too much to coach/manage? Will they flame out under their own weight?

What big personalities? Stafford, Donald, Kupp all barely talk.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Robert Woods is out for the year so take his personality out of the equation. Not sure he had one to begin with he just balls out for them. Huge loss

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Rams have to go all in this year. This may be their only year to do so. Will they fizzle out? Who knows. But a team that is winning consistently has to put all pieces onto the board to try and win it all at some point. Seattle did it in 2012 and it paid off. The Rams, the Cards and the Bucs has to go all in this year cause they are closer than other teams. If the Rams don’t win it this year they may not get a chance next year and so on.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They have a bye week in week 11 which will be helpful. However, they are going to play the Packers, Vikings, Ravens, and Cardinals to close out the season. They could be 13-4 or 12-5 still which should be the 1 or 2 seed.

Fade

Reaction score
The Rams have been going "all in" every year for the last 5 years. And they will go all in again next year. It's the NFL, you reload.

Joke franchises "rebuild" as a marketing term to give fans a false sense of hope to mask their incompetence, and to keep stealing their money.

The only way they can flame out is if Stafford gets hurt or falls off a cliff. Even then, McVay found a way to win with Jared freaking Goff.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had a team where the RB was openly resisting our QB and coach.

We had stars and All-Pros on both sides, half our team were 'big personalities'.

We went to 2 SBs with a team of guys that had very different but very visible big personalities.

Having a group of stars on your team does not diminish your chances of going to the SB, it increases it.

Not sure why we are worried about the Rams when we have our own problems though.

We are more likely to implode than the Rams, and honestly, even if the Rams do implode - they will still go farther in the playoffs than we will.

Not even clear how this is a Seahawk topic since we are not:

1 - contending with them for the division title
(yes we are in the same division, but we have no shot at the title)
2 - any kind of rival in the playoffs

What the Rams do only affects us for 2 games and whatever game we get bounced out of the playoffs in, if we are lucky enough to make the playoffs but unlucky enough to meet them in a game.

rcaido

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3qxw4nax said:
We had a team where the RB was openly resisting our QB and coach.

We had stars and All-Pros on both sides, half our team were 'big personalities'.

We went to 2 SBs with a team of guys that had very different but very visible big personalities.

Having a group of stars on your team does not diminish your chances of going to the SB, it increases it.

Not sure why we are worried about the Rams when we have our own problems though.

We are more likely to implode than the Rams, and honestly, even if the Rams do implode - they will still go farther in the playoffs than we will.

Not even clear how this is a Seahawk topic since we are not:

1 - contending with them for the division title
(yes we are in the same division, but we have no shot at the title)
2 - any kind of rival in the playoffs

What the Rams do only affects us for 2 games and whatever game we get bounced out of the playoffs in, if we are lucky enough to make the playoffs but unlucky enough to meet them in a game.

Didn't we almost beat the Rams w/ Geno?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No we did not.

We kept the game close so it looked great. But no. We weren't beating the Rams.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well dunno if last night's game clasifies as a 'flame out' -

But certainly a reality check for the new-age-media-darlings. Nice to see a big fat, deserved loss, hung around their necks.

I wish we could have done it, but I'll take SF as a replacement ;) They certainly owned them.

0-2? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.