Antonio Brown Suspended

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has started a thread on this topic.

As most of us know by now, Tampa Bay Bucs WR Antonio Brown and two other Buc players were suspended for 3 games for "misrepresenting their vaccination status". Brown's lawyer claims that his client is vaccinated, however, neither Brown nor the other two players are appealing their suspensions.

This comes two weeks after Bucs' head coach Bruce Arians, in response to reports that Brown had obtained a fake vaccination card, a violation of federal law, claimed that "He (Brown) says he is vaccinated and he has a card just like everybody else on our football team," Arians said on the (Rich Eisen) show. "There's a trust factor that goes along with it. We did our due diligence, the league will look into the matter and do their due diligence. It's really no story."

There's a lot of unanswered questions. "Misrepresenting his vaccination status", along with Arians statement about Brown having a card, sure sounds like Brown and the others presented falsified vaccination cards to the team, and if that's true, how was it that the team failed to identify them as fake? Are the Bucs incompetent or were they lying? And what about Brown's attorney? How does he know that Brown is vaccinated? Was he in on the ruse? Will the feds get involved?

This is going to be interesting. The story is far from over.

flv

Reaction score
I'm not going to get into any vaccination debate. Very simply there are protocols in place to minimise risks. Employees abide by those protocols or face the consequences.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I suppose the Bucs would argue they asked Brown to provide proof of his vaccination status and they took that "proof" in good faith. Now if they knew it was fake or helped him acquire fake proof then chuck the book at them.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
flv":3ukrf0ao said:
I'm not going to get into any vaccination debate. Very simply there are protocols in place to minimise risks. Employees abide by those protocols or face the consequences.

I wasn't trying to start another vaccination debate.

I had a couple of my questions answered this morning after watching the NFL Network's Good Morning Football. Apparently Brown has been vaccinated very recently, meaning that his lawyer wasn't lying. The other piece of information is that apparently because the Bucs cooperated in the investigation they are not planning on any discipline for the team. I'm not sure that I'm buying that. Arians sounded pretty emphatic two weeks ago when he said that Brown was vaxxed and that the team did their due diligence. I'm not sure if I'm buying that. Obviously their 'due diligence' wasn't very good.

I'm also wondering if the feds will get involved as forging or knowingly acquiring a forged government document is against federal law.

BTW, Brown is losing $1M due to his suspension.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
sutz":3krqynpq said:
Someone did start a thread about it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=177036

:twisted:

Ahh, my bad. I guess "AB and two others suspended" wasn't quite enough of an eye grabber for this old man.

To answer the OP in that thread, the reason why Brown got nailed with a 3 game suspension while Rodgers got a slap on the wrists was that Rodgers did not misrepresent his vaccination status. He told the Packers that he wasn't vaccinated. Brown, on the other hand, DID misrepresent his status by apparently submitting a phony vaccination card. That's the difference.

Threedee

Reaction score
Brown seems to specialize in finding creative ways to get himself suspended. Fake vaccination cards were tailor-made for his skillset.

flv

Reaction score
RiverDog":7ds185a8 said:
I wasn't trying to start another vaccination debate.

I had a couple of my questions answered this morning after watching the NFL Network's Good Morning Football. Apparently Brown has been vaccinated very recently, meaning that his lawyer wasn't lying. The other piece of information is that apparently because the Bucs cooperated in the investigation they are not planning on any discipline for the team. I'm not sure that I'm buying that. Arians sounded pretty emphatic two weeks ago when he said that Brown was vaxxed and that the team did their due diligence. I'm not sure if I'm buying that. Obviously their 'due diligence' wasn't very good.

I'm also wondering if the feds will get involved as forging or knowingly acquiring a forged government document is against federal law.

BTW, Brown is losing $1M due to his suspension.
I wasn't accusing you of anything. There are others on this site that have personal agendas and they will see any related thread as an opportunity to further those agendas. Failure of due diligence would be tough to prove. If every document had to be ratified with the authority issuing it then it would take forever to get things done.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
flv":1mo5fgoq said:
I wasn't accusing you of anything. There are others on this site that have personal agendas and they will see any related thread as an opportunity to further those agendas. Failure of due diligence would be tough to prove. If every document had to be ratified with the authority issuing it then it would take forever to get things done.

Nor did I feel that you were accusing me of anything. I was just stating a fact, that I did not start it with the intent of creating a debate on vaccinations.

I don't know how the individual teams go about validating vaccination documents, but they don't have thousands of them to process such as a college or a large employer would. My guess that they just give it a quick going over, make a copy of it and place it in their HR file.

But in this case, the Bucs had a tip that they should have acted on when Brown's former personal chef made a very public allegation about Brown obtaining a fake card, but instead, Arians comes out and makes a fool out of himself by saying that everything is fine and dandy, that they used "due diligence". SMH.

cymatica

Reaction score
RiverDog":1cgie3cr said:
sutz":1cgie3cr said:

Ahh, my bad. I guess "AB and two others suspended" wasn't quite enough of an eye grabber for this old man.

To answer the OP in that thread, the reason why Brown got nailed with a 3 game suspension while Rodgers got a slap on the wrists was that Rodgers did not misrepresent his vaccination status. He told the Packers that he wasn't vaccinated. Brown, on the other hand, DID misrepresent his status by apparently submitting a phony vaccination card. That's the difference.

Yet sports media figures all attacked and shamed Rodgers in unison, just like a bunch of cult members would. It was disgusting

chris98251

Reaction score
Threedee":1vpgodq7 said:
Brown seems to specialize in finding creative ways to get himself suspended. Fake vaccination cards were tailor-made for his skillset.

With his Money you would think he could find someone that was a professional at forging documents that passed the tests, although if the CDC no record then you have to think something is up.

Threedee

Reaction score
chris98251":exz3arx1 said:
Threedee":exz3arx1 said:

With his Money you would think he could find someone that was a professional at forging documents that passed the tests, although if the CDC no record then you have to think something is up.
That would have been likely five years ago. Burfect likely dropped his logical faculties down a bit, in addition to his decision making and general cognitive functioning.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":11lcwt1n said:
Threedee":11lcwt1n said:

Threedee":11lcwt1n said:
That would have been likely five years ago. Burfect likely dropped his logical faculties down a bit, in addition to his decision making and general cognitive functioning.

No kidding. The sad thing is that Brown isn't the only moron out there, just one of the higher paid ones.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
PackerNation":105m40tv said:
all athletic ability and no f*cking brains. I bet his IQ is one point above retarded.

I think it's an extreme insult to all the mentally challenged folks out there that you're accusing them of being one point below Antonio Brown.

PackerNation

Reaction score
RiverDog":ldrjq79s said:
PackerNation":ldrjq79s said:
all athletic ability and no f*cking brains. I bet his IQ is one point above retarded.

I think it's an extreme insult to all the mentally challenged folks out there that you're accusing them of being one point below Antonio Brown.

Good point. My apologies! lol

Chapow

Reaction score
cymatica":10a5hcqu said:
RiverDog":10a5hcqu said:
sutz":10a5hcqu said:

Yet sports media figures all attacked and shamed Rodgers in unison, just like a bunch of cult members would. It was disgusting

Because he deliberately and intentionally misrepresented his vaccination status to the media and to the public.

He was directly asked, at a press conference, by a member of the media, if he was vaccinated. He replied "Yeah, I've been immunized".

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KyleMalzhan/status/1455917445739319301[/tweet]

cymatica

Reaction score
Chapow":fvsk3u9o said:
cymatica":fvsk3u9o said:
RiverDog":fvsk3u9o said:
sutz":fvsk3u9o said:

Because he deliberately and intentionally misrepresented his vaccination status to the media and to the public.

He was directly asked, at a press conference, by a member of the media, if he was vaccinated. He replied "Yeah, I've been immunized".

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KyleMalzhan/status/1455917445739319301[/tweet]

He said he was immunized, and frankly it's no ones business. The league and the team knew exactly what his treatment was. The media and fans don't need to know about someones personal medical decisions.

The media, btw, said he acted selfish. Was he more selfish than the players who took their Pfizer shot, without actually doing any research, and later contracted and spread Covid? yJust wondering if anyone has bothered to use their brain before joining the covid cult and shaming people for something they are completely ignorant about.

You can still spread covid and get grandma sick if you had your shot, so isolate yourself at home or you are just as selfish as the dirty unvaxxed

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You are five times less likely to even catch covid if you're vaxed. Even the NFL stats prove this.

In any case, it's a private league, and these were their rules. Antonio Brown understands rules on an NFL field level, but thinks he can evade even NFL rules even off the field.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
cymatica":1sphj54t said:
He said he was immunized, and frankly it's no ones business. The league and the team knew exactly what his treatment was. The media and fans don't need to know about someones personal medical decisions.

The media, btw, said he acted selfish. Was he more selfish than the players who took their Pfizer shot, without actually doing any research, and later contracted and spread Covid? yJust wondering if anyone has bothered to use their brain before joining the covid cult and shaming people for something they are completely ignorant about.

You can still spread covid and get grandma sick if you had your shot, so isolate yourself at home or you are just as selfish as the dirty unvaxxed

If Rodgers felt it was nobody's business, then he should have said so when he was asked the question, but he didn't. Instead, when he was asked if he was vaccinated, the first word out of his mouth was "Yeah", a positive response, so he did lie about it. He then, like a slick lawyer, played a little game of semantics when he qualified his statement by saying "immunized" in a blatant and intentional attempt to create the impression that he was vaccinated. I have no sympathy whatsoever for his being shamed by the media and others. He brought it on himself.

The selfish part wasn't so much his refusal to get the jab, it was his intentional disregard for the protocols that put other people at risk. As far as who's more likely to spread the disease, a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated individual, the answer is so simple that a grade schooler could understand it. If you're less likely to catch it, you're less likely to spread it.