toffee

Reaction score
AKNFidel":2pj7b6zs said:
Bevell in as Interim HC… interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Head coach Bevell, and OC Schotty?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Can they poach rhymes-with-unable to coach up the o-line, and start drafting random people with no o-line experience? Then it would be complete.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":gzdmued3 said:
Siouxhawk is dancing in the streets somewhere.......

Jacksonville probably. Sioux was Bevell. There just isnt any other explanation for it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wow, Darrell Bevell finally gets his NFL Head Coaching gig. What if he turns out to be the Kurt Warner of head coaches? Gets the HC gig for next season, and takes the Jags to the Owl?

I think it would have been more inspiring if Shad Khan had come out and said, "Urban's knee injury was a setback, but we are going to roll with Darrell Bevell and we are going to play good football."

Yes, Meyer had a knee injury, a self-inflicted kneecapping. He'll be damaged goods for years to come.

Bevell could check if Mike Martz is available...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":1sec4lov said:
Wow, Darrell Bevell finally gets his NFL Head Coaching gig. What if he turns out to be the Kurt Warner of head coaches? Gets the HC gig for next season, and takes the Jags to the Owl?

I think it would have been more inspiring if Shad Khan had come out and said, "Urban's knee injury was a setback, but we are going to roll with Darrell Bevell and we are going to play good football."

Yes, Meyer had a knee injury, a self-inflicted kneecapping. He'll be damaged goods for years to come.

Second interim coaching gig, actually. He took over the Lions after the Lions fired Patricia.

Dude is probably in the wings for a starting coaching job next year. It doesn't sound like he was as bad as we all thought.

xray

Reaction score
I hope that Trevor Lawrence is able to shake off this ugly drama in his rookie season . I doubt we saw his best under these circumstances . He was suppose to be a special talent coming in . Maybe we see a better version of him next season .

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that changes a teams mentality, these guys could play above their head the rest of the year simply due to not having a Tyrant on them and being happy.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":339m7r0b said:
olyfan63":339m7r0b said:

Second interim coaching gig, actually. He took over the Lions after the Lions fired Patricia.

Dude is probably in the wings for a starting coaching job next year. It doesn't sound like he was as bad as we all thought.
Yeah, that almost makes the Warner parallel more apt, as Warner got to throw 11 passes in end-of-season mop-up before his "overnight success" breakout year and SB win. Except Bevell's on his 2nd mop-up duty and again, later in the season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3evyfvi0 said:
olyfan63":3evyfvi0 said:

He is as bad as we thought. His offense was a joke on the Lions and most Lion fans were not happy with him as OC. Same deal in Jacksonville, Bevell is bad as an OC.

Also consider that being an HC is much different than just being a coordinator. You become more of a manager and big picture person. Some guys still hold onto their X's and O's, people such as Andy Reid, or McVay. Many just become CEO's if you will. They organize the overall direction, the people that work under them, etc and delegate. A good example of this is Mike Tomlin. I've seen great coordinators absolutely bomb the HC role and I've seen mediocre guys succeed in this capacity.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
xray":25wscwdw said:
I hope that Trevor Lawrence is able to shake off this ugly drama in his rookie season . I doubt we saw his best under these circumstances . He was suppose to be a special talent coming in . Maybe we see a better version of him next season .

I'm sure we will. I remember 1998 and Peyton Manning... 26 TDs and 28 Ints... the rookie record for picks. He turned it around in year 2...

Not saying Lawrence is the next Manning... but Jacksonville is awful and so was Urban Meyer. Better coaching and more talent around Lawrence and I think he'll shine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a nicer fake fraud of a human being than Meyer.

Can't wait for all the stories that are going to come out over the next couple of weeks of what a terrible coach and person Meyer is now that he's gone.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":mxmcpsgm said:
Couldn't happen to a nicer fake fraud of a human being than Meyer.

Can't wait for all the stories that are going to come out over the next couple of weeks of what a terrible coach and person Meyer is now that he's gone.

It's still amazing to me how a lot of these old school guys don't get that what they do can SO SO easily make it's way into the media these days. Social, or otherwise. See also, politicians, actors, etc.

RiverDog

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2n0hyrp4 said:
xray":2n0hyrp4 said:

I'm sure we will. I remember 1998 and Peyton Manning... 26 TDs and 28 Ints... the rookie record for picks. He turned it around in year 2...

Not saying Lawrence is the next Manning... but Jacksonville is awful and so was Urban Meyer. Better coaching and more talent around Lawrence and I think he'll shine.

If you want a parallel for Trevor Lawrence, check out Troy Aikman: #1 overall pick, 0-11 as a starter in his rookie season, 9TD passes/18 INT's.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
RiverDog":rqmatsac said:
If you want a parallel for Trevor Lawrence, check out Troy Aikman: #1 overall pick, 0-11 as a starter in his rookie season, 9TD passes/18 INT's.

Oh yeah... had forgotten how horrible Dallas was his first year '89... and won it all 3 years later. Lawrence's stats are almost a mirror image and Jacksonville's roster is as bad as Dallas' that year... only they don't a coach comparable to Jimmy Johnson.
:mrgreen:

RiverDog

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3uhyd5y4 said:
RiverDog":3uhyd5y4 said:

FalconsFanNW":3uhyd5y4 said:
Oh yeah... had forgotten how horrible Dallas was his first year '89... and won it all 3 years later. Lawrence's stats are almost a mirror image and Jacksonville's roster is as bad as Dallas' that year... only they don't a coach comparable to Jimmy Johnson. :mrgreen:

And there's another common thread between Lawrence and Aikman. Jimmy Johnson was a very successful college coach with no NFL experience prior to accepting the Cowboys job.

Threedee

Reaction score
That was only mildly tumultuous.

The only thing I can say for Bevell is that he'll probably lose out the remainder of the season with dignity. Not that he's above an undignified loss...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Meyer will have another collegiate head coaching gig within 2 years.