Reaction score
Can you all beat the Cards this week?

Really, it is just a tiny little favor.

9er4life

Reaction score
RedAlice":pxq5dorl said:
Can you all beat the Cards this week?

Really, it is just a tiny little favor.

Cause she know 9ers gonna beat the Rams!

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
That said.

My fears as a fan are not what happens on the field by the players. They have their own mindset.

I also believe Rams can snap this five game losing streak.

I’ll be tense all game watching.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":1cou6xki said:
Hawks could still do Rams a favor and win.
I wish my team would help, but I have little faith in the current coaching staff, and my QB.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":1z01wx9u said:

What if Cards lose against Seattle BUT Rams win against SF? Do Rams still win the West?

kidhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":25bc93r3 said:
RedAlice":25bc93r3 said:

What if Cards lose against Seattle BUT Rams win against SF? Do Rams still win the West?

Only way the Rams don't win the division (I believe) is for the Rams to lose coupled with a Cardinals victory. This is why I just can't root for the Cardinals to win the West, even though I'd prefer they win. I just can't root for a Hawks loss, so this week I'll be rooting for us to win despite the fact that it helps the Rams lock up the division

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3qfz2skz said:
SantaClaraHawk":3qfz2skz said:
RedAlice":3qfz2skz said:

Only way the Rams don't win the division (I believe) is for the Rams to lose coupled with a Cardinals victory. This is why I just can't root for the Cardinals to win the West, even though I'd prefer they win. I just can't root for a Hawks loss, so this week I'll be rooting for us to win despite the fact that it helps the Rams lock up the division

Well, there's also the fact that a Seahawks win right after drubbing the Lions might convince Jody to just keep Pete/JS and make Wilson stay, hoping that what they end up with is an AR situation.

A loss OTOH would speed the reckoning that the partnership is no longer working, thus speeding a rebuild either or both ways.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/1/4/228 ... e-2022-nfl

kidhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3pgy1qdn said:
kidhawk":3pgy1qdn said:
SantaClaraHawk":3pgy1qdn said:
RedAlice":3pgy1qdn said:

Well, there's also the fact that a Seahawks win right after drubbing the Lions might convince Jody to just keep Pete/JS and make Wilson stay, hoping that what they end up with is an AR situation.

A loss OTOH would speed the reckoning that the partnership is no longer working, thus speeding a rebuild either or both ways.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/1/4/228 ... e-2022-nfl

I'm not necessarily rooting for a rebuild. Honestly, what we want or don't want is of very little concern as to what will actually happen anyway. I want to see my team play well and give me an enjoyable product to watch on the field. Besides, if winning or losing this week would change anyone's mind on whether or not to keep Pete or Keep Russ, then someone isn't doing their job. That decision should be made using a full base of data and this one game (win or lose) shouldn't change that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Honestly I really wanna be wrong...

...but my gut is telling me the Rams break the streak on Sunday. I also don't think the Falcons beat the Saints either.

I don't think Niners are making the playoffs.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":23c0qixh said:
Honestly I really wanna be wrong...

...but my gut is telling me the Rams break the streak on Sunday. I also don't think the Falcons beat the Saints either.

I don't think Niners are making the playoffs.

This is how my gut feels also. We just had another CB put on covid. Even if that didn't happen the rams are going to be motivated and I don't have faith in the Falcons to win.

94Smith

Reaction score
Also feel the Rams may win. A lot depends on whether the 49ers can field some of their secondary players off the COVID list. I think Moseley is coming back? But Jimmie Ward is a HUGE loss as is the nickel. Also at QB, do you start Jimmie at less than 100 percent or inexperienced Lance.

I do have a thought that the Falcons might win though

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
94Smith":1345k281 said:
Also feel the Rams may win. A lot depends on whether the 49ers can field some of their secondary players off the COVID list. I think Moseley is coming back? But Jimmie Ward is a HUGE loss as is the nickel. Also at QB, do you start Jimmie at less than 100 percent or inexperienced Lance.

Ambry Thomas has joined the COVID list alongside Williams and Johnson. That leaves you with Lenoir and Josh Norman, who got benched last week. Think they'll be looking to pick up a FA?

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":20blmqwl said:
94Smith":20blmqwl said:

Ambry Thomas has joined the COVID list alongside Williams and Johnson. That leaves you with Lenoir and Josh Norman, who got benched last week. Think they'll be looking to pick up a FA?

Lenoir just went on list as well.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3iue15n4 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3iue15n4 said:
94Smith":3iue15n4 said:

Who's going to play CB now?

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1rkzwhfa said:
Marvin49":1rkzwhfa said:
SantaClaraHawk":1rkzwhfa said:
94Smith":1rkzwhfa said:

Who's going to play CB now?

Therein lies the problem.

Norman is healthy and Moseley is coming off IR....buuuut thats about it.

Wouldn't be comfortable against Rams at full strength, let alone this.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wait Marv, are you saying there's no cornerbacks even on their PS? This is a direct failing of KS if true-- because in order to have next man up, you have to have a man to be there.

Sadly at Thursday, it may be too late to sign Pierre Desir off the Bucs PS or poach another PS.

flv

Reaction score
Maybe the NFL could push the game back 2 days...just to be fair. :wink:

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3vqmulvm said:
Wait Marv, are you saying there's no cornerbacks even on their PS? This is a direct failing of KS if true-- because in order to have next man up, you have to have a man to be there.

Sadly at Thursday, it may be too late to sign Pierre Desir off the Bucs PS or poach another PS.

They have 2 corners on the practice squad that you have never heard of.

Pretty hard to plan for losing 4 corners in a day and your FS.

All can come back before the game if they are asymptomatic. We'll see what happens.

Raheem Mostert one is scary. He's on IR and got put on the list and his 3 year old son ended up in the hospital. :(