Jim Harbaugh sniffing around for NFL job

James in PA

Reaction score
That is the rumor anyway. It doesn't surprise me as he eventually wears out his welcome wherever he goes.

Could the Seahawks shock the world and choose Russ over Pete by bringing in the crazy man / former enemy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Me too.

Harbaugh believes it has to be his way or no way, including toward his bosses. That doomed him with the 49ers and I believe is dooming him currently in Michigan.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
James in PA":wfjxbwsp said:
That is the rumor anyway. It doesn't surprise me as he eventually wears out his welcome wherever he goes.

Could the Seahawks shock the world and choose Russ over Pete by bringing in the crazy man / former enemy??

If we decide to go a different route with our coaches, Harbaugh may be just the guy Wilson needs to ascend to the next level. A hardass of a coach that will hold Russell Wilson accountable. If we decide to go a different direction, i would not mind Harbaugh one bit. He also had a situation where his GM was actively trying to thwart him from what I understand. Baalk and Harbaugh always clashed heads. Baalk turned out to not a good GM either without everyone's favorite resident drunk.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":37z4oylj said:
Me too.

Harbaugh believes it has to be his way or no way, including toward his bosses. That doomed him with the 49ers and I believe is dooming him currently in Michigan.

Harbaugh is a great coach, but everywhere he goes his personality wears thin.

Stanford was ready to let him go. 49ers fired him. Michigan getting there.

Just too much Harbaughness. Over time it just wears on everyone around him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2y0e2j8m said:
James in PA":2y0e2j8m said:

If we decide to go a different route with our coaches, Harbaugh may be just the guy Wilson needs to ascend to the next level. A hardass of a coach that will hold Russell Wilson accountable. If we decide to go a different direction, i would not mind Harbaugh one bit. He also had a situation where his GM was actively trying to thwart him from what I understand. Baalk and Harbaugh always clashed heads. Baalk turned out to not a good GM either without everyone's favorite resident drunk.

Couldn't disagree more RE Harbaugh and WIlson.

Alot of what made Harbaugh a success was the offensive system he ran that made it real simple for the QB. Its the exact same system his brother is running in Baltimore with Lamar Jackson. Greg Roman was the OC in both places and Harbaughs Run Game coordinator at Stanford.

Wilson is better than that. He's a vet capable of running much mre than that and you don't want him running all over the field at his age.

Recipe for disaster.

chris98251

Reaction score
He may be good for a 5 year stint or so to change the mentality to a more aggressive dynamic but I agree he is toxic long term everywhere.

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":2mvgs3nw said:
Spin Doctor":2mvgs3nw said:
James in PA":2mvgs3nw said:

Couldn't disagree more RE Harbaugh and WIlson.

Alot of what made Harbaugh a success was the offensive system he ran that made it real simple for the QB. Its the exact same system his brother is running in Baltimore with Lamar Jackson. Greg Roman was the OC in both places and Harbaughs Run Game coordinator at Stanford.

Wilson is better than that. He's a vet capable of running much mre than that and you don't want him running all over the field at his age.

Recipe for disaster.

Sounded like Harball has some similarity to PeteBall, not a good fit for our Russ. You can't, just can't put limitation on Mr. Unlimited. recipe for bad things to happen.

toffee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":35hcs7yz said:
Me too.

Come to think of it, lots of nice girls enjoy working with bad boys. Harbaugh sure has the bad boy vibe .... hello Jody?

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2wneeou5 said:
Me too.

Did you ever watch him as a player? Colts and Bears, he is the same guy and has not changed, made him a winner but like a High Maintenance BF, GF or spouse he sucks you dry after a while with his abrasive personality.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Atradees":1fv79a37 said:
Guys a winner everywhere he goes. Bring him in. Now.

Don't get me wrong...I loved the guy...but I really think he'd get Wilson killed.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1br1ous7 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1br1ous7 said:
Me too.

Harbaugh is a great coach, but everywhere he goes his personality wears thin.

Stanford was ready to let him go. 49ers fired him. Michigan getting there.

Just too much Harbaughness. Over time it just wears on everyone around him.

He was a success at all 3 places. People think Pete Carroll ran from allegations at USC but we still love him...

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If Jim Harbaugh were to end up coaching the Seattle Seahawks, the irony of it all!

Jim Harbaugh is not going to kiss Jody's a$$ as most owners require. For sure he's not kissing Schneider's behind. Nor that of the quarterback. How's someone with that kind of ego supposed to survive anywhere let alone here?

I doubt it will come to a rebuild anyway this year. It's too easy for RW/PC/JS to pretend that it was some anomaly. If they all truly want to stay (ie this means Russ truly doesn't want to leave), I see no change for 2022.

And in 2023, he's only $13M against the cap. Your QB has to really suck to trade when he's that cheap.

I'm guessing Pete hangs it up in 2024 when Russ becomes a UFA.

Is this what people want? If not you want a rebuild.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I want Pete gone.

I don't care how it happens.

It isn't going to happen. Pete is going to continue to infest this team like a cancer for at least 1, if not 2 more years.

But would take Harbaugh in a heartbeat. Because he would rebuild the OL and DL.

Harbaugh is also a better coach than Carroll, Carroll just had better rosters (which admittedly Carroll built).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":178lbo66 said:
I want Pete gone.

I don't care how it happens.

It isn't going to happen. Pete is going to continue to infest this team like a cancer for at least 1, if not 2 more years.

But would take Harbaugh in a heartbeat. Because he would rebuild the OL and DL.

Harbaugh is also a better coach than Carroll, Carroll just had better rosters (which admittedly Carroll built).

You probably want Kaperstink too as Quarterback. Hmph.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3s85rrry said:
Saw a rumor today that the Raiders may make a run at Harbaugh.

My sister mentioned this today.

She is a Cards fan and hopes he replaces Kling.

Her comment: I was hoping Harbaugh would take the Cardinals, but looks like he might go sooner to the Raiders.

chris98251

Reaction score
AubHawk71":47iqanac said:
I didn't realize Klingleberry was on the hot seat.

Bidwells, they have no patience, firing coaches successful or not is a habit with them after 4 or 5 years.

Why they are the Cardinals.