It was a good day.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Is GB not considered a legacy team around here?

Cuz either them or Niners do win next week.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":278zk0qp said:

Not sure of literal definition of "legacy" team is around here as it appears to be the invention of people who have an inferiority complex...

...but honestly if there is ANY team in the NFL that could be called a "legacy" team it would be the Green Bay Packers.

75% of the NFL was an expansion team at some point, so someone please clue me in as to who the "legacy" teams are.

Threedee

Reaction score
Marvin49":38dd3ld1 said:
RedAlice":38dd3ld1 said:

Not sure of literal definition of "legacy" team is around here as it appears to be the invention of people who have an inferiority complex...

...but honestly if there is ANY team in the NFL that could be called a "legacy" team it would be the Green Bay Packers.

75% of the NFL was an expansion team at some point, so someone please clue me in as to who the "legacy" teams are.

Packers are a fun legacy team because of the small market they play in. Browns would be in the same position if they hadn't stopped winning championships after 1964.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't share the same angst against the Steelers as a lot of my fellow 12's do, but the Cowboys are my least favorite team almost exclusively because of Jerry Jones.

Tonight I'll be rooting for the Rams, mainly due to Yakima native and EWU alum Cooper Kupp. But I also think that they have the better chance of beating Tampa Bay, and I despise Tom Brady almost as much as I do Jerry Jones. I'm tired of seeing Tom Brady's face.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":20jjolvn said:
RedAlice":20jjolvn said:

:roll:

Oh look, Maven thinks he’s wearing the “big pants” now.
Our very own Sigmund Freud wanna be.

It could be worse, we could be clever trolling a rivals forum. Just sayin!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1i37pltk said:
Marvin49":1i37pltk said:
RedAlice":1i37pltk said:

It's a reasonable question, why the jerkwipe mockery over it?
Why not just share your "Official Hernia definition" of "Legacy Team"?
Packers would be in my list of "Legacy Teams" by any definition.

Why does celebrating first-round playoff losses by the Cowgirls and Stealers need to be complicated?

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
olyfan63":flrrsa6q said:
Sports Hernia":flrrsa6q said:
Marvin49":flrrsa6q said:
RedAlice":flrrsa6q said:

Why does celebrating first-round playoff losses by the Cowgirls and Stealers need to be complicated?
Because it wouldn’t change Maven’s opinion and he’d make a statement and then write another 5 paragraphs of word salad contradicting what he said in the first sentence of his post like he always does.

I’ve stated my opinions on “Legacy teams” many times here, if he can’t remember them, oh well.
…and frankly I don’t really care of what Maven thinks about my opinion about anything.

Celebrating Stealers and Cowboys losses in the playoffs isn’t complicated in the least and it’s fun as ****!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ft2mi2je said:
olyfan63":ft2mi2je said:
Sports Hernia":ft2mi2je said:
Marvin49":ft2mi2je said:

Because it wouldn’t change Maven’s opinion and he’d make a statement and then write another 5 paragraphs of word salad contradicting what he said in the first sentence of his post like he always does.

I’ve stated my opinions on “Legacy teams” many times here, if he can’t remember them, oh well.
…and frankly I don’t really care of what Maven thinks about my opinion about anything.

Celebrating Stealers and Cowboys losses in the playoffs isn’t complicated in the least and it’s fun as ****!

Seriously dude...bitching and complaining about "legacy" teams just sounds weak as hell. There are 32 teams in the NFL playing for it every year. Is it somehow your contention that NFL is cheating in some way so that the magic list of legacy teams make it over the others? Thats just nuts.

49ers weren't much of a "legacy" team before the 80's. Good organizations MAKE their legacy. Has nothing to do with the league or perceived favoritism.

Seahawks did so for several years. Does Wilson, the Legion of Boom, etc not have a legacy of their own? Seahawks joined the league in 1976, 46 freakin' years ago.

Come on man. Be better.