Coaching Carousel: Who lands where? Predictions... Tracker?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Who winds up as HC where?
NFL.Com candidates and interviews tracker: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-g ... ring-cycle

Below are my throwing-a-blindfolded dart starter predictions; what are yours?
======================================
1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Dan Quinn (Why: Jax was called "Seahawks East" in Gus Bradley era, Quinn is logical choice)

2. Minnesota Vikings - Raheem Morris (Vikings like D and Morris's D has a recent record of brilliant playoff performances)

3. NY Giants - BTFOM, some unlucky SOB will have to take on this fuster-cluck

4. Denver Broncos - Eric Bienemy (Recall he's a Colorado Buffs guy IIRC)

5. Chicago Bears - Nathaniel Hackett (tiebreaker: hurts division rival Packers)

6. Miami Dolphins - Doug Pederson (won SB with Nick Foles, imagine what he can do with Tua) Alternate pick: Mike McDaniel, 49ers OC (It just seems trendy and Miami needs a good offensive coach for Tua's continued development)

7. LV Raiders - Jerod Mayo (Why fight it, Raiders seem to like him) Alternate: Doug Pederson

8. Houston Texans - Brian Flores (Flores has shown he can make an undertalented roster competitive)
======================================
My picks suck? Of course they do! Can you do better? For sure I draw a blank on who would be able to fix the NY Giants mess. I'd say Doug Pederson, but why, oh why, would he go there?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dan Quinn declined the Jags interview request back in Dec. https://insidethestar.com/dan-quinn...uars-interview-request-for-head-coaching-job/

Here are my predictions (Changing now to add Saints HC opening) -

Broncos - Dan Quinn.

Jags - Byron Leftwich.

Vikings - Doug Pedersen.

Giants - Brian Daboll.

Texans - Brian Flores.

Dolphins - Vance Joseph.

Raiders - Jim Harbaugh.

Bears - Leslie Frazier

Saints - Dennis Allen

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
UPDATES since 18Jan2022
(Taken from https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-g ... ring-cycle)

***The Ravens announced the hiring of Mike Macdonald as their new defensive coordinator on Thursday, Jan. 27.
Macdonald has previously been a part of the coaching staff from 2014-2020 before spending 2021 as the University of Michigan defensive coordinator.

***The Carolina Panthers are hired Ben McAdoo as their offensive coordinator. The team announced the hire Jan. 24. McAdoo, a former head coach and OC of the Giants, succeeds interim OC Jeff Nixon, who took over after Joe Brady's midseason firing.
Carolina hired Chris Tabor as their new special teams coordinator on Thursday, Jan. 27.
Tabor was previously the Bears' special teams coach for four years following seven season in the same capacity with the Browns.

***The Chicago Bears are hiring Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus as their new head coach.
Eberflus will succeed Matt Nagy, who was fired at the beginning of January.
The Bears announced they hired Ryan Poles as their new general manager on Jan. 25.
Poles, who succeeds Ryan Pace, was previously the Kansas City Chiefs executive director of player personnel.

***The Denver Broncos hired Nathaniel Hackett as their new head coach on Jan. 27.
Hackett, who succeeds Vic Fangio, previously spent the past three seasons as Packers offensive coordinator.

***The Minnesota Vikings hired Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as their new general manager on Jan. 26.
Adofo-Mensah, who succeeds Rick Spielman, was previously the Cleveland Browns vice president of football operations.

***The New York Giants announced they hired Joe Schoen as their new general manager on Jan. 21.
Schoen, who succeeds Dave Gettleman, was previously the Buffalo Bills assistant general manager.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
olyfan63":m4sxk2sh said:
3. NY Giants - BTFOM, some unlucky SOB will have to take on this fuster-cluck
BTW, BTFOM is "Beats The Fluff Outa Me", but in this context I realize it could easily also mean "Butt Fluff Of the Month" . Choose whichever interpretation suits your feelings for any hirings that leave you slapping your forehead and going "Really??!! Really??!!"

The Giants did hire a GM, and it's unknown at this time which acronym meaning is the corrrect one, but it's the Giants braintrust making the call, so going by recent history...