"9 yards? 9 yards to what?"

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Love this quote from AP. Asked after the Vikings win if not getting that 9 yards hurt, and he responded with "9 yards? 9 yards what?" He cared much more about the win than the record. Love that. Seems like DangeRuss, pulling the ball down on the TD instead of throwing it. He cares more about the win than the record. They both do.

I don't even care if he broke the record or not, THIS GUY DESERVES MVP!

SilNWest

Reaction score
I read into it a little differently just based on his facial expression and body language. I think he misheard her, and thought she was saying he broke the record by 9 yards. When she asked about the 9 yards he seemed to get a little excited, and then when she repeated herself he deflated a bit. I may be wrong though, either way I love the dude.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SilNWest":y3j04pnn said:
I read into it a little differently just based on his facial expression and body language. I think he misheard her, and thought she was saying he broke the record by 9 yards. When she asked about the 9 yards he seemed to get a little excited, and then when she repeated herself he deflated a bit. I may be wrong though, either way I love the dude.

That's what I thought too

rideaducati

Reaction score
SilNWest":1cve46u0 said:

This.

He didn't know which side of the record he fell on and was trying to find out. 9 yards over or 9 yards under was what he didn't know. It's funny how people can see the exact same thing and see totally different. He was very disappointed that he didn't get the record. I've never seen someone so down after a game his team won to get into the playoffs.

themunn

Reaction score
rideaducati":30btyj69 said:
SilNWest":30btyj69 said:

This.

He didn't know which side of the record he fell on and was trying to find out. 9 yards over or 9 yards under was what he didn't know. It's funny how people can see the exact same thing and see totally different. He was very disappointed that he didn't get the record. I've never seen someone so down after a game his team won to get into the playoffs.

It's a tough one to take, I'd bet he'd much rather have finished 100 yards off the record than 9

Latest posts